NHL Combine June 1-6 Buffalo

Brawndo

Further to the interviews: here's a piece on the Leafs that says they interviewed both Eichel and McDavid and why:

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/06/05/maple-leafs-chat-with-top-prospects-mcdavid-eichel

Also says Dylan Strome was interviewed by 17 teams. Apparently Pavel Zacha did 24.

I couldn't find anything about a cap on how many interviews a team could do.

A couple sources said the interviews are only allowed to be 20 minutes long.

This older one says teams spend up to nine hours a day over five days in interviews. Technically, that's room for 135 interviews. That's unlikely, but it also does make a cap of 10 unlikely as well.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=424312

Edited by dudacek

d

I would interview him because he is almost certainly the kid you are taking and it is the start of what you hope will be the beginning of a lifetime relationship.

Separate from the point, do you only get 10 interviews? I hadn't heard that. Don't doubt you, but it seems low.

I'm going off of info here. Just like I did when someone said Murray said Eichel interviewed with 8-10 teams.

The NHL is so far behind the NFL in this process. It's in our own city, and nobody has a clue.

I guess they put down the basketball court for drills and guys are crashing, slipping all over, planking......McDavid hit the floor hard according to Hamilton, (Which is WHY you should interview him...especially if the limit isn't 10....makes it even crazier not to if that is the case).

In Roman numerals, 5 is written as 'V', it is also the date of November 5th that we should always remember, and V is in the title 'V For Vendetta', Inkman's avatar is Guy Fawkes from the movie, and hence the truth behind the number 5 is whatever inkman decides it should be because the British government is hiding its true purpose from all of us.

Voila!! :)

Saw a couple postings from other fans making a big deal over Eichel's statement upset about leak about what he said that he was best player in draft. Does this hurt chances of signing him and him playing next year with Sabres? People are speculatingly Sabres may move 2 nd pick if this is a problem... I am sure this is just baiting, even so Murray needs to get his ship battened down... Its not amateur hour anymore. If he screws this draft up, I will be beyond pissed.

Saw a couple postings from other fans making a big deal over Eichel's statement upset about leak about what he said that he was best player in draft. Does this hurt chances of signing him and him playing next year with Sabres? People are speculatingly Sabres may move 2 nd pick if this is a problem... I am sure this is just baiting, even so Murray needs to get his ship battened down... Its not amateur hour anymore. If he screws this draft up, I will be beyond pissed.

So you are worried that posters are going to affect whether or not Buffalo drafts Eichel?

Jack Eichel will be a Sabre.  If the kid really is so ticked about some draft interview stuff coming out he needs to grow up fast.  

I do find it funny no one is mentioning how Jack kept saying he enjoyed coming to Buffalo and the people have been nice and the facility is great. Nope we hone in on the 1 mild blemish.  It would be like refusing to date Emma Watson because she had a pimple.  She's still intelligent, attractive, and well spoken but man that pimple really throws you off.

So you are worried that posters are going to affect whether or not Buffalo drafts Eichel?

No just worried how much this mght affect Eichel, and is there any chance in hell the sabres trade the #2 pick?

Jack Eichel will be a Sabre.  If the kid really is so ticked about some draft interview stuff coming out he needs to grow up fast.  

I do find it funny no one is mentioning how Jack kept saying he enjoyed coming to Buffalo and the people have been nice and the facility is great. Nope we hone in on the 1 mild blemish.  It would be like refusing to date Emma Watson because she had a pimple.  She's still intelligent, attractive, and well spoken but man that pimple really throws you off.

TY needed that!

I find it funny that the only people saying Eichel is upset about "the leak" are the media and those that choose to believe the reports.

Honestly, when you view his presser and listen to his WGR interview, his "upset" barely registers. In their quest to manufacture a slight of McDavid by Eichel in order to further their great rivalry narrative, the media have looked like idiots.

GO SABRES!!!

I find it funny that the only people saying Eichel is upset about "the leak" are the media and those that choose to believe the reports.

Honestly, when you view his presser and listen to his WGR interview, his "upset" barely registers. In their quest to manufacture a slight of McDavid by Eichel in order to further their great rivalry narrative, the media have looked like idiots.

GO SABRES!!!

Finally listened to how he said what he said, seemed more of an irritant, and he was brushing it off as press taking it the wrong way... NY Post reporting style... Edited by North Buffalo

This has been one of the more extensive debates in a while and boy was it ridiculous. The tiny disappointment he seemed to have in the leak is nothing... Murray wasn't "amateur," as others put it, in saying what he said. It's nothing. Move on.

The number of interviews being the basis for a conspiracy theory is also silly considering the number of interviews were 4 and 5... As Liger said it: nobody cares about the number of interviews.

This has been one of the more extensive debates in a while and boy was it ridiculous. The tiny disappointment he seemed to have in the leak is nothing... Murray wasn't "amateur," as others put it, in saying what he said. It's nothing.

Agreed it is nothing, but Murray needs to grow some more, playing with big boys now where anything he does out of step is going to be pointed out... Kinda like going from governor to a position in DC. Its a whole nother animal and he needs to lessen these misteps so it doesn't cost him. Plenty of competitors will try and trip him up and the press does just to see if they can...

This one, though not a biggee shows me Murray is still not a "full professional."

Agreed it is nothing, but Murray needs to grow some more, playing with big boys now where anything he does out of step is going to be pointed out... Kinda like going from governor to a position in DC. Its a whole nother animal and he needs to lessen these misteps so it doesn't cost him. Plenty of competitors will try and trip him up and the press does just to see if they can...

This one, though not a biggee shows me Murray is still not a "full professional."

I haven't seen anybody relevant knocking Murray for what he said... It's message board posters that are getting at him. We have no clue what it means to be a professional general manager. All this talk about him seeming like an amateur or unprofessional has been message board silliness. We haven't heard from other GMs saying it or any writers even. It's just a few here. 

The most I've seen outside of here was a few reporters giving light jabs at him for what he said at the combine, but nobody took the time to write about it or claimed that it rubbed people the wrong way. No reason to believe that everything he's done hasn't been positive or purposed.

I haven't seen anybody relevant knocking Murray for what he said... It's message board posters that are getting at him. We have no clue what it means to be a professional general manager. All this talk about him seeming like an amateur or unprofessional has been message board silliness. We haven't heard from other GMs saying it or any writers even. It's just a few here. 

The most I've seen outside of here was a few reporters giving light jabs at him for what he said at the combine, but nobody took the time to write about it or claimed that it rubbed people the wrong way. No reason to believe that everything he's done hasn't been positive or purposed.

In this case for the leak without at least giving Eichel a heads up. Seriously though having worked in the fish bowl in DC, I know how things can be blown out of proportion fast. Like I said this is big boy arena now and whether you think Murray's misteps are no big deal, they haven't really hurt him.. Yet, he still needs to clean it up if he want to be successful longterm. Difference between being a big fish in a little pond or a big fish amoung many big fish, all who will eat each other.

In this case for the leak without at least giving Eichel a heads up. Seriously though having worked in the fish bowl in DC, I know how things can be blown out of proportion fast. Like I said this is big boy arena now and whether you think Murray's misteps are no big deal, they haven't really hurt him.. Yet, he still needs to clean it up if he want to be successful longterm. Difference between being a big fish in a little pond or a big fish amoung many big fish, all who will eat each other.

It's not that I don't think that his missteps are no big... It's that I don't think they're missteps at all. Or at least have no reason to believe they are.

He also wasn't the source of the leak. It was reported elsewhere and he said yes when asked about it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.