NHL Combine June 1-6 Buffalo

Brawndo

Well that stinks.

I remember Ted Black was on WGR few weeks ago and confirmed it. He said though, when they bid for it they knew there wouldn't be any fan interaction but will be working with the league this year to see what and where they can add fan interaction in the future. Buffalo also is host in 2016.

After a strong World's, is there anything Jack Eichel can do here during this combine to cause the Oilers to seriously consider Eichel at #1? 

What's up with that crazy talk!  Someone should rub your nose in it, buster, for thinking such fool things.  McDavid is clearly the number one pick, do you hear?  C.L.E.A.R.L.Y.

God, Jesus, Allah, the Buddha, Megalon, not a one of them could appear between now and July 1 to change the universal, undisputed FACT, I say, FACT, that McDavid is the number one pick and shall be forever and ever, amen.  You can tattoo that on your butt and cash it at the bank - no one in Oiler-land will even whisper the thought, let alone consider the idea, that Eichel has worked his way up on par with, or, **shudder**, above, the magnificent birthright that is his only, Conner McDavid.

Or so I have been told, at least.

Edited by SiZzlEmeIsTEr

What's up with that crazy talk!  Someone should rub your nose in it, buster, for thinking such fool things.  McDavid is clearly the number one pick, do you hear?  C.L.E.A.R.L.Y.

God, Jesus, Allah, the Buddha, Megalon, not a one of them could appear between now and July 1 to change the universal, undisputed FACT, I say, FACT, that McDavid is the number one pick and shall be forever and ever, amen.  You can tattoo that on your butt and cash it at the bank - no one in Oiler-land will even whisper the thought, let alone consider the idea, that Eichel has worked his way up on par with, or, **shudder**, above, the magnificent birthright that is his only, Conner McDavid.

Or so I have been told, at least.

What kind of odds would you like?

After a strong World's, is there anything Jack Eichel can do here during this combine to cause the Oilers to seriously consider Eichel at #1?

McDavid could promise the Oilers that he's leaving after 3 years by signing an offer sheet. But I don't think there is anything eichle could do himself.

That your avatar can jump 20 flaming school buses........................

Come'on....

If you're thinking I don't believe there's a chance the Oilers would take Eichel, then my sarcasm evades you. I posted my concern over that a few days ago and was softly berated about it.

You're better off seeking out Hoss and others for a bet like that. I certainly won't take you up on it.

If you're thinking I don't believe there's a chance the Oilers would take Eichel, then my sarcasm evades you. I posted my concern over that a few days ago and was softly berated about it.

You're better off seeking out Hoss and others for a bet like that. I certainly won't take you up on it.

Evil sarcastic Sizzle is my favorite Sizzle.

Are you talking about a young man that just played against some of the best in the world and not only held is own, but looked "impressive"?

And comparing him to another young man that played against the best very similar to his young age and that looked "impressive"?

That some may consider the one the looked good against the best in the world a better prospect is just crazy talk?

Is that the question?

I'm confused as to who is rational in this debate.

Edited by Woods-Racer

Edmonton is a Canadian team with an opportunity to draft the best Canadian prospect since Crosby.  They are taking Connor because win or lose the merchandise sales and ticket sales just having him around will make that pick worth it. 

Edmonton is a Canadian team with an opportunity to draft the best Canadian prospect since Crosby.  They are taking Connor because win or lose the merchandise sales and ticket sales just having him around will make that pick worth it.

That is very true.

If you take National Pride and emotion out of it, are people that think Jack is a better prospect to be treated as black sheep?

I've watched a lot of Conner, thought that it was Conner or a wasted season of tanking for nothing for a long time.

Then the IIHF happened. Maybe I looked on with rose colored glasses, but to many with knowledge of what it takes to impress wrote that it was impressive.

I hate to be considered just a blind fan...

Edited by Woods-Racer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.