NHL Combine June 1-6 Buffalo

Brawndo

According to posters here, the combine participants were at a canalside concert with 15,000 people and had each other on their shoulders. I'm sure they were all on flat padded ground, wearing ankle supported sports shoes. It's a mowed cow pasture with thousands of kids who boozed up in their cars, and the guys were probably in sandals.

If you have a right to interview a guy...you should. For the Sabres not to interview McDavid is sort of goofy. Even if it is just to pick the brain of a "Once in a lifetime talent".

What exactly is there to pick? It's not like the guy can write down how he sees the ice so you can teach it to others.

According to posters here, the combine participants were at a canalside concert with 15,000 people and had each other on their shoulders. I'm sure they were all on flat padded ground, wearing ankle supported sports shoes. It's a mowed cow pasture with thousands of kids who boozed up in their cars, and the guys were probably in sandals.

If you have a right to interview a guy...you should. For the Sabres not to interview McDavid is sort of goofy. Even if it is just to pick the brain of a "Once in a lifetime talent".

Ok but if you only have time for 10 interviews, why not interview possible picks?

What exactly is there to pick? It's not like the guy can write down how he sees the ice so you can teach it to others.

Why interview Charlie Parker?...it's not like he can tell you how to go an 128 note run of eigth notes at a 240 tempo......

And you are 1 heroin missed gig away from having the rights to him to play your club for the next 20 years.

Edited by Ghost of Dwight Drane

If I remember correctly, the NHL has limited the number of players a team is allowed to interview. So... if you don't think you have a shot at a guy, why interview him?  It wastes an interview you could have with someone you actually have a shot at.

If I remember correctly, the NHL has limited the number of players a team is allowed to interview. So... if you don't think you have a shot at a guy, why interview him?  It wastes an interview you could have with someone you actually have a shot at.

Why did 10 teams interview Eichel, yet the Sabres, who the GM just said Eichel deserves to feel he should be the #1 pick, not interview the most logical guy on the board TO interview if Eichel goes #1?

Why did 10 teams interview Eichel, yet the Sabres, who the GM just said Eichel deserves to feel he should be the #1 pick, not interview the most logical guy on the board TO interview if Eichel goes #1?

Connor McDavid just might be the most scouted player in NHL history. Scouts probably know the color of his poop in the afternoon. Why waste the interview time? He's a known quantity. Buffalo is already focused on their 2nd and third picks.

If McDavid is on the board at two, he's a Sabre. It's that simple. Eichel at least you needed to know his college plans. McDavidd isn't going back to junior.

Connor McDavid just might be the most scouted player in NHL history. Scouts probably know the color of his poop in the afternoon. Why waste the interview time? He's a known quantity. Buffalo is already focused on their 2nd and third picks.

If McDavid is on the board at two, he's a Sabre. It's that simple. Eichel at least you needed to know his college plans. McDavidd isn't going back to junior.

But why would 1/3 of the league interview Eichel.....unless they did McDavid as well.....which makes it sort of foolish even more for Buffalo not to.

Is there a list anywhere of which teams interviewed whom, or is that all on the downlow? I know the Bills announce visits.

Eichel should be a 100% lock at #2 right?

So why bother, like Buffalo isn't bothering with McDavid in your theory.

Is #2 on the block...and BIG TIME if 1/3 the league blew 10% of their interviews on a guy certain to go #2????????????????????

GoDD over analyzing something small and ignoring multiple posts that answers his question? Shocking I tell you! :p

Teams interviewed to get insight into teammates and players he played against.

Really there's a lot that we don't know which makes it even stranger to make a huge deal about.

What we do know:

McDavid is going one. Eichel is going 2.

But why would 1/3 of the league interview Eichel.....unless they did McDavid as well.....which makes it sort of foolish even more for Buffalo not to.

Is there a list anywhere of which teams interviewed whom, or is that all on the downlow? I know the Bills announce visits.

Eichel should be a 100% lock at #2 right?

Is #2 on the block...and BIG TIME if 1/3 the league blew 10% of their interviews on a guy certain to go #2????????????????????

Why are you focusing on what 1/3 of the teams did rather than 2/3?

GoDD over analyzing something small and ignoring multiple posts that answers his question? Shocking I tell you! :P

Teams interviewed to get insight into teammates and players he played against.

Really there's a lot that we don't know which makes it even stranger to make a huge deal about.

What we do know:

McDavid is going one. Eichel is going 2.

And the Erie Otters don't have any other draftable prospects?

"So Jack....when you allowed yourself to be openly videotaped while underage drinking....we were just wondering, who else with high character from your team was there with you?"

I'm sorry for actually attempting to process this.

OK...."Eichel Awesome!  Man Woody!"

Why are you focusing on what 1/3 of the teams did rather than 2/3?

I'm asking a 4 prong question.

I think of all people you understand that there is a valid point.

Again, can anyone say how many teams interviewed McDavid?

Is there a list anywhere of which teams interviewed whom, or is that all on the downlow? I know the Bills announce visits.Eichel should be a 100% lock at #2 right?

Just to ask him one question. You coming here or staying in College, Eich?

A lot of moves depend on that answer.

Just to ask him one question. You coming here or staying in College, Eich?

A lot of moves depend on that answer.

Do you think he will answer that before the draft?

Here's where this entire thread has me shaking my head.....

The following can't all be true.....

1) Connor McDavid is a lock for #1

2) Eichel is a lock for #2

3) Tim Murray doesn't need to interview McDavid

4) 10 teams interview the lock for the #2 pick

5) There are no reports of another team interviewing McDavid, and the team directly behind him didn't do it (I have no info of other interviews)

6) Teams want to interview Eichel for info on teammates or opponents (Erie has 3 in the top 50...1,4,46.....BU has Eichel...and McDavid has played 10x as many draftable players)

7) Teams want to interview Eichel to see if he may stay in BU, and are willing to blow 10% of the interviews on him. (Then he ain't a lock for #2...eh?)

They certainly all can't be true, and it's very possible many aren't.

Do you think he will answer that before the draft?

Here's where this entire thread has me shaking my head.....

The following can't all be true.....

1) Connor McDavid is a lock for #1

2) Eichel is a lock for #2

3) Tim Murray doesn't need to interview McDavid

4) 10 teams interview the lock for the #2 pick

5) There are no reports of another team interviewing McDavid, and the team directly behind him didn't do it (I have no info of other interviews)

6) Teams want to interview Eichel for info on teammates or opponents (Erie has 3 in the top 50...1,4,46.....BU has Eichel...and McDavid has played 10x as many draftable players)

7) Teams want to interview Eichel to see if he may stay in BU, and are willing to blow 10% of the interviews on him. (Then he ain't a lock for #2...eh?)

They certainly all can't be true, and it's very possible many aren't.

4 appears that it may not be true. 5 might be untrue since nobody here has scoured the entire internet for reports (you're on a Sabres message board, nobody here is looking for reports about who McDavid interviewed with the same way they're looking for reports on Eichel). 6 is probably true since, ya know, Eichel said it. 7... Where is that even coming from? I may have missed it. He is a lock for #2 regardless of whatever you're getting at.

Also, you can't argue that other teams shouldn't waste 10% of their interviews on Eichel and then rage because the Sabres didn't interview McDavid...

And voila...

Connor McDavid said only "a couple" of teams other than Edmonton bothered to interview him this week at draft combine.

So probably 3-5 teams interviewed McDavid.

Edited by Hoss

I can't explain why 6-10 teams interviewed the consensus #2 pick.  Maybe they have dreams of trading up?  But I do understand not interviewing the consensus #1.  Concentrate your resources where they are most likely to be used.  Makes perfect sense to me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.