NHL Combine June 1-6 Buffalo

Brawndo

It's an interesting question. There is a lot of value at #21, probably too much. I could see taking him at #31. 

He makes logical sense at #31.  There will be more valuable commodities potentially at #21, IMO.  But I love the size, mobility and what I've seen.  He's passed Blackwood to me. 

He makes logical sense at #31.  There will be more valuable commodities potentially at #21, IMO.  But I love the size, mobility and what I've seen.  He's passed Blackwood to me. 

I could agree with that. I like Blackwood but if this guy looks better and Murray likes him I am all for it.  I think #31 is the place though.  Goalies tend to slide and I have my own anti-goalie 1st round philosophy I am trying to change slowly. 

Surprised nobody has mentioned that we saw a lot of the NHL prospects hanging out at Canalside yesterday for the Matt & Kim concert. They were easy to spot since they were all 18yr old built guys walking in groups and often included a eastern euro wearing a ccm hat or something.

One of my friends had tweeted that he ended up standing next to Connor McDavid for a while at the show.  :w00t:

Pretty good exposure for Buffalo to have a huge event on the water just so happen to coincide with the NHL Combine.

I could agree with that. I like Blackwood but if this guy looks better and Murray likes him I am all for it.  I think #31 is the place though.  Goalies tend to slide and I have my own anti-goalie 1st round philosophy I am trying to change slowly. 

Button in his comments on Shoppe and Bulldog said he could be the first goalie to go in the 1st round since 2012, however it's interesting because he was one of the few highly touted prospects to not show up for the combine.  

I had to Google this. I'm not sure I understand what they do. Make music... I think. He'd a DJ and she plays drums and dances. I'm getting too old for this shiz.

Basically. Their shows are pretty much just an hour long dance party where she swears and blasts the bass drum and he presses play.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

That was Murray's best interview to date, IMHO. He comes across as human and likable. He made me chuckle several times and it was cool to hear him talking about Halo and give some insight into what goes on at home.

I dig the guy.

Ah so here's where this interview is being discussed.  I'll delete other thread.

So great.  

Re: video games he said explicitly they had trouble with young players in Ottawa.  I can see it.  "do as I say not as I do".

Loved the rib at Bulldog too, my house was same as Bulldogs, but for COD not Halo.

Should I be embarrassed that I have no idea who this is?

Most talented Russian forward this year, at least among those playing in Russia.

Some rank him as high as the mid-first, more significantly lower.

The Russian factor is apparently strong in this one.

Surprised nobody has mentioned that we saw a lot of the NHL prospects hanging out at Canalside yesterday for the Matt & Kim concert. They were easy to spot since they were all 18yr old built guys walking in groups and often included a eastern euro wearing a ccm hat or something.

One of my friends had tweeted that he ended up standing next to Connor McDavid for a while at the show.  :w00t:

Pretty good exposure for Buffalo to have a huge event on the water just so happen to coincide with the NHL Combine.

Would have been very smart if the Sabres asked the Canalside concert folks to make sure to book an 18-24 friendly act that date, as opposed to, say, a KC and the Sunshine band tribute act.

Edited by Promonov Robotnik

I found the interview talk to be rather interesting. GMTM deciding not to interview McDavid, yet 8-10 teams have interviewed Jack.

If you are picking 10th... what the hell are you offering the Sabres that you think Jack Eichel is in play for your team???

I found the interview talk to be rather interesting. GMTM deciding not to interview McDavid, yet 8-10 teams have interviewed Jack.

If you are picking 10th... what the hell are you offering the Sabres that you think Jack Eichel is in play for your team???

Murray said that he believes they interview Eichel to get his take on other players they might draft

Would have been very smart if the Sabres asked the Canalside concert folks to make sure to book an 18-24 friendly act that date, as opposed to, say, a KC and the Sunshine band tribute act.

I doubt it was intentional, but Matt & Kim are very much a younger party-vibe act as their stuff has an EDM/Alternative vibe.

According to posters here, the combine participants were at a canalside concert with 15,000 people and had each other on their shoulders. I'm sure they were all on flat padded ground, wearing ankle supported sports shoes. It's a mowed cow pasture with thousands of kids who boozed up in their cars, and the guys were probably in sandals.

If you have a right to interview a guy...you should. For the Sabres not to interview McDavid is sort of goofy. Even if it is just to pick the brain of a "Once in a lifetime talent".

According to posters here, the combine participants were at a canalside concert with 15,000 people and had each other on their shoulders. I'm sure they were all on flat padded ground, wearing ankle supported sports shoes. It's a mowed cow pasture with thousands of kids who boozed up in their cars, and the guys were probably in sandals.

If you have a right to interview a guy...you should. For the Sabres not to interview McDavid is sort of goofy. Even if it is just to pick the brain of a "Once in a lifetime talent".

I'm not really sure what teams can learn anymore.  McDavid and Eichel have been dissected about as much as humanly possible at this point.

I'm not really sure what teams can learn anymore.  McDavid and Eichel have been dissected about as much as humanly possible at this point.

That and by all accounts McDavid and Eichel are so much more talented than everyone else that it would take quite a large character flaw to pass on a talent like that. Unless he killed a guy with a trident I think we're picking Eichel.

Would agree. The one reason that springs to mind on why they wouldn't talk to him is TM realizes the interview would respark his infatuation/obsession and result in the Eulers ending up w/ not only Eichel but Reinhart, Ristoleinnen, Girgensons, and a couple of spare 1sts at a minimum. ('Spose not wanting to offend Eichel would also be possible but that seems even less sensible/plausible than the proposed nonsensical reason.) Edited by Taro T

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.