Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

What about those without a strong religious faith? 

Or a religious faith at all.

I may admire them for different reasons. 

Look - I'm not judging anyone. Belief is a choice. We all have free will. I've had people flat out call me stupid for believing in a sky ghost but that's their prerogative.

I purposely don't go into the politics thread because I'm here for hockey, but I'm uncomfortable when people want to knock others for having faith. Sorry. Comments about that should have probably been posted there, but what do I know? I'm a newcomer.

I may admire them for different reasons. 

Look - I'm not judging anyone. Belief is a choice. We all have free will. I've had people flat out call me stupid for believing in a sky ghost but that's their prerogative.

I purposely don't go into the politics thread because I'm here for hockey, but I'm uncomfortable when people want to knock others for having faith. Sorry. Comments about that should have probably been posted there, but what do I know? I'm a newcomer.

We've got a religion thread too! this place is one stop shopping!

Look - I'm not judging anyone.

Look - yes you are.

Anyways, I am planning on getting around to listing every free agent that has a direct connection to Bylsma eventually to give something more fun to talk about.

Look - yes you are.

Anyways, I am planning on getting around to listing every free agent that has a direct connection to Bylsma eventually to give something more fun to talk about.

Once you get a look at some of the names I think you'll use something other than "fun" to describe it :p

It's actually a well behaved thread.   

Only because we chased away Hopefulstatic. Or is it Staticfuture? 

Once you get a look at some of the names I think you'll use something other than "fun" to describe it :P

Only because we chased away Hopefulstatic. Or is it Staticfuture? 

I don't think he's gone.  I do think he's got a new handle.  And I have my suspicions........

Holy mackerel. I go out for a killer Italian dinner, with plenty of booze, and this clusterf### is what I come back to?

MB -- you are so far out of line here that you have lost sight of where the line is, if indeed you ever knew where it was.

I don't know why a message board moderator needs to tell you this, but you do not, EVER, tell someone, unsolicited, who practices your religion differently from the way you practice it that he or she is doing it wrong. And you also do not volunteer to a bunch of people that you think religious people are generally better than non-religious people.

Not every thought or opinion in your head should be published. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Now, this is not to say that I agree with the general liberal hostility towards religion -- I do not. But these are private matters. You just cannot be judgmental like this in public.

We now resume regularly scheduled programming.

So, you basically don't understand Christianity. You're not supposed to hide it. Of course, saying you are a Christian, and actually living your life as one are two different things.The whole preach often, and if necessary, use words.

I'm a little uncomfortable to where this discussion is going. Sadly, though, this type of antagonistic relationship with Christianity is becoming more common these days. (sigh)

And I actually came here because I was excited Duffer asked Dan about the "Disco Dan" nickname and mentioned he's a natural to attend the World's Largest Disco. Good stuff.

Yes, the victim mentality. "I'm just practicing my religion and people are persecuting me." It can't possibly be secular people pushing back against militant Christians who belive the nation should live under religious rule.

Holy mackerel. I go out for a killer Italian dinner, with plenty of booze, and this clusterf### is what I come back to?

MB -- you are so far out of line here that you have lost sight of where the line is, if indeed you ever knew where it was.

I don't know why a message board moderator needs to tell you this, but you do not, EVER, tell someone, unsolicited, who practices your religion differently from the way you practice it that he or she is doing it wrong. And you also do not volunteer to a bunch of people that you think religious people are generally better than non-religious people.

Not every thought or opinion in your head should be published. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Now, this is not to say that I agree with the general liberal hostility towards religion -- I do not. But these are private matters. You just cannot be judgmental like this in public.

That's not what I was trying to do, and that isn't what I said. I just said someone who has faith is something I admire. I never said I didn't admire people who don't have faith. How people reacted to that statement was on them.

But I apologize, because in no way did I want to bring any religious or political discussion into a hockey forum. I also didn't want to see it, either. If I did, I would have gone to one of those threads.

It is just that there were three great interviews on the sabres.com website, with Blysma, Murray, and Pegula, and the one takeaway was Pegula stated that Blysma was a Christian, and somehow that is the most important thing to question. Hmm...

Again, please accept my apology. Aud said he was sorry, I said I was fine and probably overreacted, and then on it went. But oh well...

Way too much crap to respond to in this thread so I won't. But I will say nfreeman, I respect the way you have approached this. And I love you all, even though I hate some of you.

But nfreeman you get an attaboy for this.

I hope your dinner rocked nfreeman!

And to try and get this back on topic now that the people of faiths have spoken, I hope Bylsma is the right guy and blessed by whatever guy everybody worships.  

The more I read, the more I like missing out on Babcock. This is a tremendous challenge for Bylsma. It will define his career much more than winning his first cup in Pitt. He has the set up, the potential, to become a modern legend. To be fair, this opportunity exists because Babcock chose T.O. 

So be it.

We are one, we were McEichel. We are Eichel. We are DDB! We are ONE BUFFALO! Let's rock! oh, Go BILLS!

That's not what I was trying to do, and that isn't what I said. I just said someone who has faith is something I admire. I never said I didn't admire people who don't have faith. How people reacted to that statement was on them.

But I apologize, because in no way did I want to bring any religious or political discussion into a hockey forum. I also didn't want to see it, either. If I did, I would have gone to one of those threads.

It is just that there were three great interviews on the sabres.com website, with Blysma, Murray, and Pegula, and the one takeaway was Pegula stated that Blysma was a Christian, and somehow that is the most important thing to question. Hmm...

Again, please accept my apology. Aud said he was sorry, I said I was fine and probably overreacted, and then on it went. But oh well...

You were provoked, needlessly, by my taking potshots at Pegula's praising Bylsma as a Christian. That's on me. Not everything I think should be typed, as our mod noted.

OK.  I think everyone wants the religion thing cooled off, so regardless of fault and/or viewpoint, let's drop it?

the allfather said i can't drop it :D

Can't we just call him byslma, DD, DDB , Disco dan, all sound to silly :p

Edited by Heimdall

They're all compound nouns composed of two separate nouns.  Like game seven.  Unlike attorney general.

The war of the minds has begun!!!!!!!!

I'm not a believer, but I think we could all use a good laugh. :angel:

That was awesome!!!!!!. Cured my hangover with laughter.

Edited by DirtDart

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.