Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

That was when, and only when, McDavid was hurt. Once he came back and went on a tear those discussion disappeared in an instant. McDavid is the better prospect.

Like I said, I agree with you -- was just pointing out that some other discussions were ongoing during the season.

It really does though...Toronto with all their fans vs Buffalo and more importantly, the Canadian coach who left us in the dust for the bigger, flashier Canadian city. I can't think of a better game than the first one to fire that one up.

Hey, if you want to pump Phil Kessel's tires, fine. Chant away.

I see it on both sides, but I'm not a "USA! USA!" guy when the team has players from the hockey-playing-world-over.

The only time it made sense was when Miller was on top of his game and leading our nation's team. But then the cheer was more specifically directed to the guy in the cage, not the team generally.

Kane showed up to the presser in a One Buffalo track suit. :flirt:

Did this really happen?  If so, awesome.

It took me a second (because I forgot), and then I laughed. Here's a picture of our man. That's a Sabres golf shirt. But what else does he have going on there? At first, I thought those were sensible slacks ... but those look very track suitish, no? Maybe the matching zip-up top was left on a chair nearby?

11392963_10153259667562954_3707287364105

Edited by That Aud Smell

I see it on both sides, but I'm not a "USA! USA!" guy when the team has players from the hockey-playing-world-over.

The only time it made sense was when Miller was on top of his game and leading our nation's team. But then the cheer was more specifically directed to the guy in the cage, not the team generally.

It took me a second (because I forgot), and then I laughed. Here's a picture of our man. That's a Sabres golf shirt. But what else does he have going on there? At first, I thought those were sensible slacks ... but those look very track suitish, no? Maybe the matching zip-up top was left on a chair nearby?

Who's the guy holding the jersey?

Is it me, or does Pegula's dog, Sydney, bear the sort of cowed posture that results from being LukeAdam'd a few too many times?

11350628_10153259667137954_5284766246627

Who's the guy holding the jersey?

Someone who works in the media relations area. All of these are on the team's FB page, with captions.

My personal favorite was a few years back during a Bruins-Canadien game where the Boston fans were chanting it... there was not a single American born player dressed for the Bruins that night.

Is it me, or does Pegula's dog, Sydney, bear the sort of cowed posture that results from being LukeAdam'd a few too many times?

11350628_10153259667137954_5284766246627

Someone who works in the media relations area. All of these are on the team's FB page, with captions.

It's you. It's a Border Collie, their job is to herd what ever the farmer has, they do it by nipping at the heals of the livestock. That's just the way they walk/run. They are extremely smart and it actually appears to be trying to herd the office staff.

Knowing that Kane is usually hip to the current fashion, my bet is he's wearing what they call "joggers"

urban-outfitters-grey-bdg-knit-jogger-pa

In addition to what he posted here, I think he may've Tweeted out some stuff about how the WGR people were being made to look like lackeys -- not breaking a story because they'd been told to stand down by PSE. Then some on Twitter gathered around and started with the "FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT!" chants. I think Wawrow may've deleted the offending Tweets.

Thanks.  That would explain it.

It's you. It's a Border Collie, their job is to herd what ever the farmer has, they do it by nipping at the heals of the livestock. That's just the way they walk/run. They are extremely smart and it actually appears to be trying to herd the office staff.

I see the shepherd breed in the animal, to be sure. Is it a pure Border? I thought maybe there was some Aussie Shepherd in there? Is that coloration normal for Borders? Looks a little Bernese-ish.

Anyway, I hear what you are saying. And that is a posture that I've seen in herding dogs. You make a good point.

Even so, the dog does seem to be slinking a bit -- my bet is that she was being (somewhat sternly) summoned by someone outside the frame and to the left. All good, all good. Just some fun, I'm having.

I see the shepherd breed in the animal, to be sure. Is it a pure Border? I thought maybe there was some Aussie Shepherd in there? Is that coloration normal for Borders? Looks a little Bernese-ish.

Anyway, I hear what you are saying. And that is a posture that I've seen in herding dogs. You make a good point.

Even so, the dog does seem to be slinking a bit -- my bet is that she was being (somewhat sternly) summoned by someone outside the frame and to the left. All good, all good. Just some fun, I'm having.

The dog crossed Battista once...making sure not to make that mistake again.

The dog crossed Battista once...making sure not to make that mistake again.

You guys are reaching.

These dogs are smart. Already recognizes Disco Dan as the alpha male.

"He is a very good christian man"  - Terry Pegula

Just like Ritchie Incognito?

Sorry about being a little pointy, I actually wasn't sure if you where just funning or trying to determine if the dog was "broken" (I think is what dog people call a beaten and submissive dog). But the Border Collie is definitely one bread that looks like it's going get a woopin almost all the time.

Your probably right that T/K Pegs is standing just out of the frame to left giving her commands.

I think it's 100% border. I think this one is a "Barbie" Border, a little bigger than a "working" border, more apt to live as a companion that looks good and can hang in subdivision land without going stir crazy.

The smaller working borders would be trying to herd the office staff. Mrs. Racer grew up on a farm that had borders. She got a kick every time her parents' border herded me up to the barn when we went to visit her parents and her dad had to make the dog sit and wait or else I had bloody ankles.

Sorry about being a little pointy, I actually wasn't sure if you where just funning or trying to determine if the dog was "broken" (I think is what dog people call a beaten and submissive dog). But the Border Collie is definitely one bread that looks like it's going get a woopin almost all the time.

Your probably right that T/K Pegs is standing just out of the frame to left giving her commands.

I think it's 100% border. I think this one is a "Barbie" Border, a little bigger than a "working" border, more apt to live as a companion that looks good and can hang in subdivision land without going stir crazy.

The smaller working borders would be trying to herd the office staff. Mrs. Racer grew up on a farm that had borders. She got a kick every time her parents' border herded me up to the barn when we went to visit her parents and her dad had to make the dog sit and wait or else I had bloody ankles.

Dude, I respect the knowledge. Much appreciated!

and earthly hips.......

Jesus, man - I'm going out to eat tonight.

But, yeah: You know that's JoeBa hanging wit da boss.

As much as I like to consider myself one: Ick.

FWIW, Bylsma has apparently authored a few children's books on sports with his father, and isn't shy about being somewhat religious.  I can't recall where I read this, but it was among the reports/bios I have read on him over the past few days.  Big family guy.  So, Pegula is being more than just complimentary (as far as he is concerned), he is being accurate.

FWIW, Bylsma has apparently authored a few children's books on sports with his father, and isn't shy about being somewhat religious.  I can't recall where I read this, but it was among the reports/bios I have read on him over the past few days.  Big family guy.  So, Pegula is being more than just complimentary (as far as he is concerned), he is being accurate.

I don't want to be misunderstood: I admire all of what you just attributed to him. I just don't like when a guy like Pegula gets out there with the "Christian" label. Makes me think of sh!t like . . .

tebowing.png

My point being: If you're a Christian, and you're into being a Christian, and being with other Christians, just do it (sorry) - just be it. No need to yammer about it. If you do yammer about it, I will question your sincerity and/or authenticity. Or at least smirk and roll my eyes.

I don't want to be misunderstood: I admire all of what you just attributed to him. I just don't like when a guy like Pegula gets out there with the "Christian" label. Makes me think of sh!t like . . .

tebowing.png

My point being: If you're a Christian, and you're into being a Christian, and being with other Christians, just do it (sorry) - just be it. No need to yammer about it. If you do yammer about it, I will question your sincerity and/or authenticity. Or at least smirk and roll my eyes.

Or maybe he's just from a different generation where he truly meant that as a compliment.

Or maybe he's just from a different generation where he truly meant that as a compliment.

Exactly -- I would guess he didn't mean it so much as a statement designed to exalt one religion above others, but more as a synonym for "good, honorable, moral" etc.

Exactly -- I would guess he didn't mean it so much as a statement designed to exalt one religion above others, but more as a synonym for "good, honorable, moral" etc.

That's the way I look at it too.

I do not find that kind of thing, in this kind of context, to be in any way offensive. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.