The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

It explains why he quickly became smitten with Terry Pegula upon realizing he was the Sabres’ owner. Eichel met him before the draft and figured he was the team’s head scout. He realized only after the Sabres selected him that he actually owned the franchise.

“What billionaire carries a flip phone?” Eichel said. “It says something about him, I think. He’s so down to earth. I love him. I think he’s a great guy.”

Terry came off as the head scout?

Whither PA?

Great read.

The heck has gotten into Bucky?

Edited by That Aud Smell

Due props to Bucky. That article was readable. He had previously demolished any high ground from which he pissed on everything.

I laughed when I read about the flip phone in the article, just as I laughed when I saw Terry pull it out of his pocket at the draft table. He uses a busted old flip phone that looks older than a Motorola Razr v3. It was endearing in a geriatric way.

Due props to Bucky. That article was readable. He had previously demolished any high ground from which he pissed on everything.

I laughed when I read about the flip phone in the article, just as I laughed when I saw Terry pull it out of his pocket at the draft table. He uses a busted old flip phone that looks older than a Motorola Razr v3. It was endearing in a geriatric way.

I'm sure "his people" have all the tech he needs just off camera.

Oh, I'm not opining about his lack of ability to do the things he needs/wants/whims to do.  I just think it's funny sometimes to observe where old-ish folks decided to get off the technology bus.

It was only six or so years ago that most people didn't even realize they needed a smartphone to survive, and yet somehow they did. I would say that probably 95% of what gets done on them is completely useless or can be done just as easily some other way (unless of course your life depended on having 30 seconds to find out the name of Bruce Willis' limo driver in Die Hard).

I'm still wait for a valid reason to get one.

It was Argyle, btw.

It was only six or so years ago that most people didn't even realize they needed a smartphone to survive, and yet somehow they did. I would say that probably 95% of what gets done on them is completely useless or can be done just as easily some other way (unless of course your life depended on having 30 seconds to find out the name of Bruce Willis' limo driver in Die Hard).

I'm still wait for a valid reason to get one.

It was Argyle, btw.

Smartphone's aren't necessary, but goddamn are they handy. All in one device I've got a flashlight, a calculator, a watch, a timer,  and an alarm clock; I have apps for converting bits/bytes, hex to binary, I have an app that lets me use it as a level, I can read the news, or a book, or keep up on sabres news, or contact pretty much anyone I know six ways from sundown. Not to mention having instant access to the sum total of all human knowledge. Need to know what temperature to cook chicken to when I'm already out by the grill? Check. Or the best way to mount a picture in plaster before I put a giant hole in my wall? Check. How about a quick refresher on how to install something Linux when I don't have access to the internet yet? Check. Plus I can play any and all music I want while I do any of those tasks. Oh, right, and you can still call people with them, like a real phone.

There's no one reason to get a smartphone, and people can spend to long with their heads stuck in them. You certainly don't NEED it (I just got one this past winter). but it is probably the most versatile and powerful tool yet invented by humanity, and it fits in your pocket. Just sayin'.

Ok, seriously, this offseason needs to be over. I'm clearly going stir crazy over my want of Eichel action.

Edited by sabills

Smartphone's aren't necessary, but goddamn are they handy. All in one device I've got a flashlight, a calculator, a watch, a timer, and an alarm clock; I have apps for converting bits/bytes, hex to binary, I have an app that lets me use it as a level, I can read the news, or a book, or keep up on sabres news, or contact pretty much anyone I know six ways from sundown. Not to mention having instant access to the sum total of all human knowledge. Need to know what temperature to cook chicken to when I'm already out by the grill? Check. Or the best way to mount a picture in plaster before I put a giant hole in my wall? Check. How about a quick refresher on how to install something Linux when I don't have access to the internet yet? Check. Plus I can play any and all music I want while I do any of those tasks. Oh, right, and you can still call people with them, like a real phone.

There's no one reason to get a smartphone, and people can spend to long with their heads stuck in them. You certainly don't NEED it (I just got one this past winter). but it is probably the most versatile and powerful tool yet invented by humanity, and it fits in your pocket. Just sayin'.

Ok, seriously, this offseason needs to be over. I'm clearly going stir crazy over my want of Eichel action.

Don't forget they make sexting a lot better too :angel:

Eichel is wearing 41 at camp. He's really taking this whole number ###### seriously. It's actually extremely annoying.

Obviously a tribute to former Sabres captain Stu Barnes.

Another class move by Eichel.  Kid is just killing it.

Eichel is wearing 41 at camp. He's really taking this whole number ###### seriously. It's actually extremely annoying.

I find the way he's going about this to be normal, grounded, and not the least bit annoying.

I'm not sure whether the annoyance on the part of some, and the absence of it from others, is a generational thing, or a personality thing.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I find the way he's going about this to be normal, grounded, and not the least bit annoying.

I'm not sure whether the annoyance on the part of some, and the absence of it from others, is a generational thing, or a personality thing.

I vote generational. Gotta be the first one on the block with an Eichel jersey. God forbid I order one with the wrong number on it!

GO SABRES!!!

I know quite a few people who pre-ordered the jersey. This isn't "normal." Nobody else has gone through this for a number. I imagine the team (at least the marketing department) is probably wanting him to make a pick.

He's overthinking it.

I know quite a few people who pre-ordered the jersey. This isn't "normal." Nobody else has gone through this for a number. I imagine the team (at least the marketing department) is probably wanting him to make a pick.

He's overthinking it.

I think he's just trolling. And I love it.  :lol:

I think he's just trolling. And I love it. :lol:

This is exactly what he's doing, and it's hilarious.

Everyone you've met for the last 2 weeks is asking you what number you're taking...."meh, gimme 41 for camp, that should freak people out." Maybe he could wear 60 tomorrow.

I vote generational. Gotta be the first one on the block with an Eichel jersey. God forbid I order one with the wrong number on it!

GO SABRES!!!

Yeah it's definitely generational.  I can't stop twittering my excitement about the Eichel jersey I ordered!  Because I have a cell phone I don't focus on anything!

VIDEO GAMES