The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

Bucky's profile in TBN had similar feedback: Supremely gifted, yes - but with the desire to match. Or perhaps more determined than gifted, somehow.

Love this kid!

Being in the same draft as McDavid may be the best thing that could have happened for the Sabres. He's always going to have that motivation/chip on the shoulder as long as McDavid is around. 

Jordan was a maniac and a-hole who lived for the chance to beat someone who was smack talking him. I'm not sure Eichel is like that, but so far everything is looking great.

Reminds me of how Sammy Watkins cruised through training camp last year. Excited for him this year without injuries. Same with Eichel.

Being in the same draft as McDavid may be the best thing that could have happened for the Sabres. He's always going to have that motivation/chip on the shoulder as long as McDavid is around. 

Jordan was a maniac and a-hole who lived for the chance to beat someone who was smack talking him. I'm not sure Eichel is like that, but so far everything is looking great.

Reminds me of how Sammy Watkins cruised through training camp last year. Excited for him this year without injuries. Same with Eichel.

I never considered the Jordan parallel--that's incredibly exciting. Jordan's HoF speech was universally panned, but I loved getting that window into what made him tick...if Eichel is wired the same way? Oh man, it moved.

I think Eichel knows exactly what his number will be but I think Jack likes surprising people.  

Hudson Fasching said an interesting thing today about Eichel after playing with him, that "it seems like a lot of things for him are effortless, but he still puts the effort in."

That's almost as good a compliment as you can get. I always remember how one sportswriter described Michael Jordan as saying somehow he was the best athlete, AND an overachiever. Meaning he was the most gifted but still tried harder than anyone else. Eichel seems not only generational but special. Don't want to get too carried away too soon but there ain't nothing not to like.

https://twitter.com/buffnewsvogl/status/618168033329217536

The book on Eichel says he hates to lose.

What if Jack doesn't pick an Integer?

Is there a league rule against using Pi?

Hell, I'd buy the Eichel Pi jersey.

Pi is overdone. He'll use e or something with a radical sign.

Maybe radical 81 so he can still use 9 despite Kane having it.

Pi is overdone. He'll use e or something with a radical sign.

Maybe radical 81 so he can still use 9 despite Kane having it.

Why use a number at all?  He should have a picture of his face on the back of his jersey.  We all know Qwksnd would buy that one.

Connor Mcdavid scored 5 goals at the Oilers scrimmage... if Jack scores less we should probably trade him. 

:P

Ya but he scored three of them 3 on 3 and the other two 4 on 4.  Jack would have scored 10 in a game with that much space :flirt:

Connor Mcdavid scored 5 goals at the Oilers scrimmage... if Jack scores less we should probably trade him.

:P

Doesn't matter what Jack does. He hasn't picked a number. Any goal he scores until then doesn't even count.

^

I was all like, yeah yeah yeah, but that footage where he says "Jack?!" to the kid at the hospital ... if that doesn't make it dusty in the room for you, well, you are dead inside.

I'm going to add: He's not a god. He's not perfect. He's going to make his share of mistakes -- on the ice, and off.

But, dammit all, from everything I've seen and heard and read, he leaves no doubt about it: He's a genuinely great guy.

^

I was all like, yeah yeah yeah, but that footage where he says "Jack?!" to the kid at the hospital ... if that doesn't make it dusty in the room for you, well, you are dead inside.

I'm going to add: He's not a god. He's not perfect. He's going to make his share of mistakes -- on the ice, and off.

But, dammit all, from everything I've seen and heard and read, he leaves no doubt about it: He's a genuinely great guy.

The kid is a natural. 

The kid is a natural.

I wouldn't be shocked if he came out of training camp with the C. We all assume Gionta will keep it, but hey, new coach, so maybe it's not a lock. Where the none of the Old Core captains seemed ready to assume the captaincy, Eichel acts like a captain right now (I don't mean that he presumes he will get it, but that he acts exactly the way a captain should act).

Yes, I know I'm still in man-crush mode, but geez the guy is impressive. If his play comes anywhere close to meeting expectations, he may well be captain by the end of camp.