The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

The craziest thing about people talking about how much Buffalo should be improved all forget to mention Sam Reinhart.

I still think it will be a couple of seasons before Reinhart makes an appreciable difference. He may start this season in Rochester.

I still think it will be a couple of seasons before Reinhart makes an appreciable difference. He may start this season in Rochester.

I agree here, he seems like a late bloomer physically and it will give his feet and body a chance to catch up with his hands and IQ

that seems a little heavy to me - but just a little. i don't expect too much from him this season - flashes of what's to come, but a lot of time where he goes quiet, too.

I'm so sick of puff personality pieces. I'm ready for hockey. 

:flirt:

Jack Eichel is wasting no time becoming part of Buffalo. New Sabre will visit kids at Roswell Park Cancer Institute. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/07/02/sabres-eichel-will-visit-kids-in-roswell-park-cancer-institute/ 

As seen on facebook:

11701172_10102515119961388_7059473605077

Yasss... feed him newborn babies so he can absorb their stem cells and grow into Christopher Reeves' Superman.

:flirt:

John Vogl@BuffNewsVogl 2m2 minutes ago

Jack Eichel is wasting no time becoming part of Buffalo. New Sabre will visit kids at Roswell Park Cancer Institute. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/07/02/sabres-eichel-will-visit-kids-in-roswell-park-cancer-institute/

No no no... Dark said he has to tell the kids to f off so he can get back to hockey.

He's our highly publicized secret weapon.

And that's a good thing for Reinhart. Less pressure on the guy. Kind of felt that way about Grigs and Girgs. Spotlight was on Griogrenko. Girgensons seemed more of the other guy near the beginning. 

Somebody just made a Southpark reference and  :worthy:

I can't wait to root for something for the first time in 2 years. I'm getting very itchy.

You should probably see a doctor about that...  :unsure:

Spectators' jock itch?

That is nice though. Day one: sign the contract and do the press conference. Day two: go right to the cancer ward and spread the hope.

This guy gets it.

Jack Eichel has earned my vote for regional Jesus.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

19 was mentioned on the radio this morning. I missed the reasoning though.

white broached it right before 7:00, saying "a few people have said 19 . . . ."

i love that. what does that mean? sometimes, i think it means people on this board. or in the twittersphere.

anyway, the rationale seems to be (1) it has a 9 prominently featured in it, which seems to be the kid's favorite number and (2) it is available.

there was then talk from simon of how the team could ice a line of kane-o'reilly-eichel (9-19-90) and have it be "dressed to the nines."

i don't much care at this point. i'd prefer 91 over 19, fwiw.

white broached it right before 7:00, saying "a few people have said 19 . . . ."

i love that. what does that mean? sometimes, i think it means people on this board. or in the twittersphere.

anyway, the rationale seems to be (1) it has a 9 prominently featured in it, which seems to be the kid's favorite number and (2) it is available.

there was then talk from simon of how the team could ice a line of kane-o'reilly-eichel (9-19-90) and have it be "dressed to the nines."

i don't much care at this point. i'd prefer 91 over 19, fwiw.

91 is what I've been hoping he chooses.

Never been worn as a Sabre - so it would be 'his.'

Typically used on other teams by very strong offensive players.

Ending w/ the 2nd '1' it evokes Gilbert's 11 (at least IMHO it does).