The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

Interesting thought, but this roster isnt close to finished, and Mike Babcock has never been a scout.

IF Babcock leaves Detroit it will not be because he wants Hollands job it will be because of how Holland has done his job.

Detroit needs to rebuild its blueline and geriatric core or the best outlook is to be stuck with a perennially middling roster.

If Babcock comes to Buffalo it will be to work with Murray, not to surplant him.

Absolutely. But if Babcock comes to Buffalo it will not be because of Murray, it will because of Pegula.

It is Pegula who ordered the tank, creating the current situation here.

It is Pegula who will set the hierarchy between Murray and his coach.

And it is Pegula who will be defining the work environment, selling the organization, and making Babcock the offer he can't refuse.

Absolutely. But if Babcock comes to Buffalo it will not be because of Murray, it will because of Pegula.

It is Pegula who ordered the tank, creating the current situation here.

It is Pegula who will set the hierarchy between Murray and his coach.

And it is Pegula who will be defining the work environment, selling the organization, and making Babcock the offer he can't refuse.

I think it just moved.

Why not? Rich owner, new building coming, some guy named McDavid coming onboard soon.

Small market and an owner who threatened to move the team unless he got a new arena -- who also has to keep paying a bunch of losers he just fired.  Doesn't sound like a guy who wants to pay a coach 2x what the next-highest-paid coach is making.

Small market and an owner who threatened to move the team unless he got a new arena -- who also has to keep paying a bunch of losers he just fired.  Doesn't sound like a guy who wants to pay a coach 2x what the next-highest-paid coach is making.

Sounds like Terry, except Terry hasn't had the chance to put the squeeze on the taxpayers yet for a new downtown stadium.

Sounds like Terry, except Terry hasn't had the chance to put the squeeze on the taxpayers yet for a new downtown stadium.

In what way does it sound like Terry? 

And are you going to pretend later that this isn't a shot at Terry?

In what way does it sound like Terry? 

And are you going to pretend later that this isn't a shot at Terry?

It sounds nothing like Terry. It sounds like the opposite of Terry. And it's definitely not going to be what Babcock believes because Babcock isn't delusional.

But if someone thinks Katz is a better owner than Pegula I'm not sure what to say about that.

Oh dear god, shut up.

Go find all the owners who have fired GMs and coaches and still pay them and have also put the squeeze on the taxpayer for a stadium, downtown or otherwise.  This is sports and this happens all the time.

Just shut up.  Shut up.  Shut up.

You are trying to despise an owner, for being an owner.  You are trying to blame Terry Pegula for doing things that owners do, day in and day out.  He's not an exception.  Nothing makes him worse.  

Every thread, everywhere.. this kind of crap comes up.

Oh dear god, shut up.

Go find all the owners who have fired GMs and coaches and still pay them and have also put the squeeze on the taxpayer for a stadium, downtown or otherwise.  This is sports and this happens all the time.

You are trying to despise an owner, for being an owner.  You are trying to blame Terry Pegula for doing things that owners do, day in and day out.  He's not an exception.  Nothing makes him worse.  

:worthy:

It sounds nothing like Terry. It sounds like the opposite of Terry. And it's definitely not going to be what Babcock believes because Babcock isn't delusional.

But if someone thinks Katz is a better owner than Pegula I'm not sure what to say about that.

I can't believe you are suggesting Katz killed all those poor young girls.

Oh dear god, shut up.

LTS -- while I agree completely with 99% of this post, "shut up" is not good board discourse.

Thanks.

LTS -- while I agree completely with 99% of this post, "shut up" is not good board discourse.

Thanks.

I don't know, I think those words hammered home his point appropriately.  It was a very blunt way of letting people know that this garbage doesn't need to flood every single thread.

I don't know, I think those words hammered home his point appropriately.  It was a very blunt way of letting people know that this garbage doesn't need to flood every single thread.

I think it needs to, so I'll continue doing it at every opportunity, especially when someone blames another owner for doing something Terry has done.

Edited by @fakegorbyportwinestain

@HeleneStJames: Mike Babcock says he's not made decision on future, will meet with Ken Holland next 10 days

And have a plan moving forward. I think he will be allowed to talk to other teams with the Wings retaining the right to match any offer

I think it needs to, so I'll continue doing it at every opportunity, especially when someone blames another owner for doing something Terry has done.

Then don't throw a temper tantrum when someone calls you on it.

This is a message board I'm sure of varying ages and levels of maturity. Surely, shut up does not deserve to be called out as untoward discourse. Further, the 2-person debate surrounding this does not deserve a full Board page.

Why should someone ever be "called" on their opinion? I get it. If you disagree, it's a narrative or agenda. Never mind that the biggest narrative on this board since February 2011 has been what a great owner the guy is. It started on Day One when multiple Cups were in our very near future. People make things up out of thin air. Terry will spend freely again when the time comes. Babcock will swoon when he meets the Pegulas, they are so wonderful and charming. I have watched it all for years and not told anyone to shut up or accused them of trolling. It's about respecting other opinions.

I am honestly not even sure what you are saying Terry Pegula has done. 

@HeleneStJames: Mike Babcock says he's not made decision on future, will meet with Ken Holland next 10 days

And have a plan moving forward. I think he will be allowed to talk to other teams with the Wings retaining the right to match any offer

As usual my predictions are dead wrong

@Bill_Roose: Asked if he'd let Babcock explore options with other teams, Holland: "Right now no. We have exclusive negotiating rights until end of June."