2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

If we stay at 8 I'll consider it a win and do a few shots or something.

chance of moving UP: 19.12%

chance of staying at 8: 39.22%

chance of sliding DOWN: 41.66%

Although the most likely individually of the three, it is overall unlikely we move down. More likely we don't move down, and rather stay the same or go up. So that's what I'm expecting.

I can't watch these anymore. Pipe dreams and all that. Man would he be a beast on a power play.

I can't watch them either, but it's because all the ads on those unis makes it look likes like you are trying to stream the game illegally,… only live.

So, we have 5 third round picks in this draft? That is a ######-load. I expect a few to be packaged in order to move up.

Third round picks have such little value. I don't see a team getting too excited about any amount of 3rd rounders. Maybe to move up a few spots in the 2nd round.

As opposed to picking a player whom the scouts don't think can play in the NHL - lol!! In all seriousness, we have a lot of contracts and if we can package those 3s into a 2 it would make sense. If ANA loses tomorrow, we have another 3 btw. Ideal senario - win the lottery or win the 2nd pick (about a 12.3% chance) sign Vesey and trade for a top 2 dman from a cash strapped team. Also prob need a solid backup G but that should be easy

My guess would be we trade 1 or 2 of those 3rd rounders to flavor up a hockey trade.

Have they announced a time that the lottery is being held on Saturday yet???

Here's what I found:

WHEN DOES IT HAPPEN? Saturday, April 30, 7 p.m. ET.

WHERE WILL IT TAKE PLACE? The winner will be revealed at the Hockey Central studio inside CBC headquarters in downtown Toronto.

WHERE CAN I WATCH IT? Prior to puck drop for a marquee second-round series game on CBC, starting at 7 p.m. ET.

Here's what I found:

WHERE WILL IT TAKE PLACE? The winner will be revealed at the Hockey Central studio inside CBC headquarters in downtown Toronto.

WHERE CAN I WATCH IT? Prior to puck drop for a marquee second-round series game on CBC, starting at 7 p.m. ET.

+1 Thanks

Are they finally going to show us the lottery ball machine in action?

I hope they don't do the stupid envelope thing again.    What will they have bronze, silver and gold cards now?

There's no way they show the machine and I'll bet you're right on the cards.

Here's what I found:

I predict a riot in TO if EDM wins it again.  The messenger may even get shot. :ph34r:

I like where we're heading as a team.  I'm not too worried about where the Sabres draft this year.  GMTM will build through free agency and trades in the off-season.  Playoffs in 2017.  Get ready for it.

I predict a riot in TO if EDM wins it again.  The messenger may even get shot. :ph34r:

I like where we're heading as a team.  I'm not too worried about where the Sabres draft this year.  GMTM will build through free agency and trades in the off-season.  Playoffs in 2017.  Get ready for it.

FA is pretty thin this year.  Maybe a trade, but GMTM has said you build through the draft.  FAs are added to put you over the top.  

Are they finally going to show us the lottery ball machine in action?

I hope they don't do the stupid envelope thing again. What will they have bronze, silver and gold cards now?

They might, but the colors could ruin the suspense. Didn't the NBA used to do the card thing and then when they came to a team that wasn't in its expected slot, they jump to the top three reveal?

They might, but the colors could ruin the suspense. Didn't the NBA used to do the card thing and then when they came to a team that wasn't in its expected slot, they jump to the top three reveal?

The NBA just went down the line.    Last year the Knicks dropped to 4 or 5 or something, but they didn't jump up to the top 3, just kept going down the line....

but this is what I want to see live for the NHL.... http://www.nba.com/video/channels/draft/2014/05/20/052014-draft-lottery-behind-the-scenes.nba/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.