2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

Jake Bean out of tournament

https://twitter.com/hc_men/status/719998153332621312

Brendan Guhle most likely won't be a Sabre next season.  He needs another year in juniors. Probably a year in Rochester after that.

. What are you guys basing it off? Stats? Viewings?

Only thing I know is that he almost made Sabres are his season and was very good in limited games at Roch.

Never saw him play in PA myself.

Brendan Guhle most likely won't be a Sabre next season. He needs another year in juniors. Probably a year in Rochester after that.

Timetable maybe a little faster. I want more meat on his bones.

If that's the case it's probably due to the state of our blue line

Nelson may have trumped that thinking though.

Timetable maybe a little faster. I want more meat on his bones.Nelson may have trumped that thinking though.

?Remember all the D injuries and how slow Franson is.. Edited by North Buffalo

According to these, Cam Fowler ain't everything we've been saying he is

http://ownthepuck.blogspot.com/

http://war-on-ice.com/playertable.html

In fact, Goligoski looks to be better

Not sure Inam reading it correctly, but the own the puck player comparison between Fowler and McCabe are even. Fowler has more assists per 60 but Jake has better possession numbers.

If Guhle is the principle component of a trade for Fowler that involves us also dumping bad contracts on them, I will buy all Sabrespacers drinks on draft night at a local establishment.

Hah free drinks , I'll fly over , hope you got a good budget of around 20 + beers and couple of wodka's :D

Not sure Inam reading it correctly, but the own the puck player comparison between Fowler and McCabe are even. Fowler has more assists per 60 but Jake has better possession numbers.

McCabe's actually looks better. My original purpose of it was to use it to compare Fowler and Bogo. I still prefer WOI charts

I think they would have given him a few games to start the year but I don't think they were ever considering keeping him on the team for the full season.

That's what I was thinking

Well, the UFAs for one: Yandle, Goligoski, Campbell. But through trades, I'm interested in one of the Minnesota lefties (probably Scandella as the odd man out there), Einstein from Winnipeg, Krug from Boston. I don't think any of those guys take the #8 pick to get done, so I'd rather keep #8 and trade for one of them than go for Fowler, even if I think he'd be the best of the bunch. Who knows, maybe we start trading our 1sts to make Cup runs going forward...I just really want to keep this one.

I'm also not opposed to trading for an available RHD, even if it's not ideal. If the Ducks decide to move Vatanen instead of Fowler, I think we'd have to be certifiably insane to just say "Oh he's a rightie, no thanks." Same for Barrie (and really, who doesn't want to trade with the Avs again?). Getting a RHD of that caliber allows us to move Pysyk and/or Bogosian for a LHD or maybe even for a forward, then you supplement it with a UFA. Just spit balling pairings:

Goligoski-Risto

Gorges-Vatanen

McCabe-Pysyk

Definitely not my perfect offseason, but I think that's a considerable improvement over what we iced this year.

I definitely like your theory of adding this guy, at least relative to what we currently have on our blue-line.

Seriously though, good insight there. You also said you'd be happy with any of the top 8 listed by McKenzie/CSS, or Sergachev, and I generally agree if we are picking at 8, but I'd really like to take a D there if we are using the pick, and add a promising young D to our stable as that's our biggest need.

Would make me feel better about "only" acquiring a Goligoski level player in FA. At least drafting one of those 3 top defencemen available would give us a potential shot at a bonafide #1 LHD down the road through that player's development.

Edited by Thorny

The legend of Guhle.

The concept of Guhle

The groove of Guhle

The Robert of Guhle

If he makes the team, shall we go with The Guhle's New Groove?

I'm trying to work a "Moon over Buffalo" joke to go with the above, but I just can't make it happen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.