Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Everyone will stop worrying about Fred if this team makes the playoffs.

And if the team misses?  He is the best offensive player on the team.  Some new QB may or may not make a receiver, likely Watkins, that.  McCoy may or not be that.  But Freddy has been, is, will be, need I conjugate the verb?

I'm having a tough time figuring out why the #Bills want to extend Matt Cassel.

1. @JoeBuscaglia lower his base and cap hit

@RapSheet I get that, but it would surrender their flexibility to walk away.

0 replies 0 retweets 1 favorite

1. @JoeBuscaglia what if he’s good though?

And if the team misses?  He is the best offensive player on the team.  Some new QB may or may not make a receiver, likely Watkins, that.  McCoy may or not be that.  But Freddy has been, is, will be, need I conjugate the verb?

He wasn't and isn't the best offensive player on the team. Not counting offensive line Watkins and McCoy are easily better. He had a bad year last year and has battled injuries as an aging back. I love Freddy, but let's not make him something he currently isn't.

He wasn't and isn't the best offensive player on the team. Not counting offensive line Watkins and McCoy are easily better. He had a bad year last year and has battled injuries as an aging back. I love Freddy, but let's not make him something he currently isn't.

He's old, but if you're telling me he wasn't the best offensive player last year (I think we're agreeing to exclude linemen), not buying it. 

A poster over at TBD apparently has a word-of-mouth source that has told him Fred Jackson will be cut. The team is supposedly announcing it tomorrow morning, and yes, they realize how unpopular the move is.

If this is true, I just don't get it. We save what, ~$3 million in cap? Tank mentions his slip in performance and that he will get less touches with McCoy here, which are good points, but I still see situations he'll play in. He's phenomenal at picking up the blitz, and he can still power through at the goal line pretty well. I don't know how McCoy is in either of those situations, but it can't hurt to keep Freddy.

Signing Hughes will reportedly not require a restructuring of Mario Williams' contract. If you take into account the restructuring of McCoy and Cassels' contracts to free up more cap space, I gotta believe there's another big FA move coming. Is this why we would cut Jackson, do we have plans to use that ~$3 million elsewhere? 

Edited by WildComrade

He's old, but if you're telling me he wasn't the best offensive player last year (I think we're agreeing to exclude linemen), not buying it.

He wasn't. Watkins was. Without much competition. And now McCoy is here to further push him down the totem pole.

The Bills were 26th in yards per rushing attempt and 27th in rushing TD's with only 7. I can see why a new coaching staff would want to make changes. Fred Jackson was a very good Buffalo Bill. He certainly gave it his all on every play. It's time to move forward.

A poster over at TBD apparently has a word-of-mouth source that has told him Fred Jackson will be cut. The team is supposedly announcing it tomorrow morning, and yes, they realize how unpopular the move is.

If this is true, I just don't get it. We save what, ~$3 million in cap? Tank mentions his slip in performance and that he will get less touches with McCoy here, which are good points, but I still see situations he'll play in. He's phenomenal at picking up the blitz, and he can still power through at the goal line pretty well. I don't know how McCoy is in either of those situations, but it can't hurt to keep Freddy.

Signing Hughes will reportedly not require a restructuring of Mario Williams' contract. If you take into account the restructuring of McCoy and Cassels' contracts to free up more cap space, I gotta believe there's another big FA move coming. Is this why we would cut Jackson, do we have plans to use that ~$3 million elsewhere?

Vince Wilfork.

I'm bored so here's more rumors for you filthy animals.

A country radio station reports Garth Brooks will sing the anthem of our home opener. The Bills are becoming newsworthy lately, hopefully this is the year we get better than a Thursday night game. The SB winners open the season at home against a division opponent every year, gotta believe the Bills are the favorites to play that game with the Rex Ryan vs. Belichick saga and our up-and-coming potential. Could we maybe be looking at a few prime time games this year? Maybe a MNF/SNF for once?

Here's a link of a charity even Garth Brooks did today with the Bills and Kim Pegula. Other notables there were Rex, Freddy, Kaleta, Bogosian, Foligno, Thurman, Kelly, and Gronk. The charity was a great event, and Garth Brooks falling for Rex was a nice addition to a good day. 

http://www.buffalobills.com/photos/photo-gallery/Garth-Brooks-and-Bills-host-kids-football-camp/91085177-d41b-4d5d-b768-609d42b739fc#31242188-beba-4d0c-892a-f82ff440e913

tempAP963478015625_0--nfl_mezz_1280_1024

And this made me laugh

tempSMH_9151--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

Shades of Thurman who, also at age 34, was let go by Butler. Man, it hurt to see him in that teal uni and Flipper helmet, too. But there comes a time when you have to move on and this is that time for Freddy. I wish him all the best and look forward to his Wall of Fame ceremony. Truly one of Buffalo sports' all time greats. The embodiment of class on and off the field.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm bored so here's more rumors for you filthy animals.

A country radio station reports Garth Brooks will sing the anthem of our home opener. The Bills are becoming newsworthy lately, hopefully this is the year we get better than a Thursday night game. The SB winners open the season at home against a division opponent every year, gotta believe the Bills are the favorites to play that game with the Rex Ryan vs. Belichick saga and our up-and-coming potential. Could we maybe be looking at a few prime time games this year? Maybe a MNF/SNF for once?

Here's a link of a charity even Garth Brooks did today with the Bills and Kim Pegula. Other notables there were Rex, Freddy, Kaleta, Bogosian, Foligno, Thurman, Kelly, and Gronk. The charity was a great event, and Garth Brooks falling for Rex was a nice addition to a good day.

http://www.buffalobills.com/photos/photo-gallery/Garth-Brooks-and-Bills-host-kids-football-camp/91085177-d41b-4d5d-b768-609d42b739fc#31242188-beba-4d0c-892a-f82ff440e913

tempAP963478015625_0--nfl_mezz_1280_1024

And this made me laugh

tempSMH_9151--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?wid

The country station that reported that already retracted their story.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 1m1 minute ago

Continue to hear SF, OAK, NYJ, BUF among those in the hunt for Mike Iupati. Would tend to think he's moving on from 49ers at this point

Tim Graham ‏@ByTimGraham 21s21 seconds ago

Name to watch for Bills in free agency: tackle Bryan Bulaga. But they'll have competition for his services.

Edited by WildComrade

Shades of Thurman who, also at age 34, was let go by Butler. Man, it hurt to see him in that teal uni and Flipper helmet, too. But there comes a time when you have to move on and this is that time for Freddy. I wish him all the best and look forward to his Wall of Fame ceremony. Truly one of Buffalo sports' all time greats. The embodiment of class on and off the field.

GO BILLS!!!

Why is it time to move on??.... Fred has much more in the tank than Thurman did at 34. . AND he had a very good year with a horribly coached,mediocrely QB'd joke of an offense. 66 catches plus a good ypc given our putrid o line and putrid coaching and p&*^&*ssy QBing.

Perfect # 2 back at this stage.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.