Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Graham has a quick-hit piece posted about how the team's chaplain (former NFLer by the name of Pratt (likely a buddy of Ryan's (both of their kids play at Clemson))) was the person who had Rex's undivided attention immediately after the Hogan catch/non-catch on that last drive.

Were the Bills Battista'd?

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/11/29/ryan-trapped-into-no-challenge-on-hogan/

I wonder if the team is giving any thought to cutting Mario after this season. He's going to be 31 and the team could save $13 million on next year's cap by doing so.

I think the biggest reason may be that he isn't a fit for Rex's Defense. I have also been told that that $13M is an incorrect number but I haven't really looked into it.

Rex is talking today.... Some notes:

- still won't take responsibility for poor challenge decisions. Would only go as far as saying he needs to put a better process in place, but he was clearly blaming the others in the process. Said he chose not to challenge the Hogan play because they only had one timeout.

- Alex Carrington "doesn't look good." Report is he's out for the season.

- Wait and see this week for Karlos. Injury isn't severe.

- Hopes Mario can play in "some capacity."

- Nigel Bradham is out this week.

- Not feeling good about John Miller's status this week.

Well there's a dose of good news... :wallbash:

It definitely frees up money to go and get Stafford....

I think Stafford is gonna be this season's Cutler. Whole lotta talk and he ultimately doesn't get moved.

I think the biggest reason may be that he isn't a fit for Rex's Defense. I have also been told that that $13M is an incorrect number but I haven't really looked into it.

Incorrect as in too high?

I think Stafford is gonna be this season's Cutler. Whole lotta talk and he ultimately doesn't get moved.

Incorrect as in too high?

Yeah, too high. Someone posted that number yesterday then later apologized for being wrong but I never looked back at the whole conversation in between.

Either way , I think the front seven could look considerably different next year.

Graham has a quick-hit piece posted about how the team's chaplain (former NFLer by the name of Pratt (likely a buddy of Ryan's (both of their kids play at Clemson))) was the person who had Rex's undivided attention immediately after the Hogan catch/non-catch on that last drive.

Were the Bills Battista'd?

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/11/29/ryan-trapped-into-no-challenge-on-hogan/

Still not clear what role Father Mulcahy played there. Graham seemed to be saying that someone in the booth is responsible for advising Ryan. I can't imagine the information is given to Fr. and then passed to Ryan. Really strange. But it's Buffalo sports. What else should we expect?

I like Buffalo football Mondays after losses.  I just avoid all things Bills and my day is a ray of sunshine.  The fans who commiserate for days on end about the Bills follies need therapy or something.  Like a beaten dog shamelessly going back to their master for another treat.  Feed me mighty master of Buffalo BIlls flavored dog treats, then thrash me again and I will return with my tail between my legs. 

For those who don't the history of our Buffalo Bills nickname.

"After buying the team, President Ralph C. Wilson selected the name “Buffalo Bills” for his new AFL team, but the name originated long before Wilson chose it on November 30, 1959.

The Bills are not the first football team to represent the city of Buffalo (they are not even the first NFL team, for that matter. The Buffalo All-Americans were a charter organization of the NFL, but folded in 1929). Between the two NFL franchises, Buffalo was home to the professional football team the Buffalo Indians in the early 1940s. After the Indians, later renamed the Tigers, folded, the first Bills organization, an All-America Football Conference team, came to town. Those Bills were originally named the Bisons, but owner James Breuil, who also owned Frontier Oil Company, wanted to go all in on the frontier theme for his Buffalo holdings. He renamed the football team the Buffalo Bills after the Pony Express rider after running a contest that offered a $500 prize for the winning entry.

That winning entry was sent in by James F. Dyson whose essay compared the team to a band of "Buffalo Bills”"

Cited from BuffaloBiils.com

So back to nfreeman's favorite topic.

When, in most games, the fans of the losing team--if not the losing team itself--can justifiably blame the officials, the sport is broken.  The NFL needs to fix this.

It just penalized the crew from last week's Niner's game.

Cheatriot fans are irate over calls in the Denver game.

The refs missed a defender who was offside on the last play of last night's game--and that play decided the game.

We don't need to rehash the mistakes made in the Bills game.

Etc.

Etc.

Why can't the league just get full-time referees?

When, in most games, the fans of the losing team--if not the losing team itself--can justifiably blame the officials, the sport is broken.  The NFL needs to fix this.

The refs missed a defender who was offside on the last play of last night's game--and that play decided the game.

Etc.

Etc.

They are cheap and the NFL is not at all about "the game" dont kid yourself. For the past decade or so the only thing the NfL cares about is money money money money money.

Edited by LGR4GM

I agree with what you're saying Eleven. Everything except the offsides part. You can jump offsides as long as you don't make contact and get back before the snap. The player that jumped didn't commit any penalties.

He didn't get all the way back.  His hand and head were in the neutral zone.  He may not have affected the play.

Etc.

Etc.

And in a league that tries to promote parity at every turn, it's teams like Buffalo, Cleveland and Detroit that are done no favors being victims of unintentional officiating bias.  I'm convinced these types of teams get screwed more often simply because of who they are and have been for so long, not as a result of some grand conspiracy.  Of course there are also internal problems with all these franchises that don't help either, but when the games are as close as they are and can turn on a single play, these are the teams that can least afford the inconsistent calls and flat out screw ups from the refs.  It seems as though only an overwhelming talent infusion and/or a unprecedented season long string of good fortune is likely to turn things around. 

The Bills of course have even less tolerance for bias and errors, starting every year behind the 8 ball at 0-2 in the division and conference before they even play a single down.

And in a league that tries to promote parity at every turn, it's teams like Buffalo, Cleveland and Detroit that are done no favors being victims of unintentional officiating bias.  I'm convinced these types of teams get screwed more often simply because of who they are and have been for so long, not as a result of some grand conspiracy.  Of course there are also internal problems with all these franchises that don't help either, but when the games are as close as they are and can turn on a single play, these are the teams that can least afford the inconsistent calls and flat out screw ups from the refs.  It seems as though only an overwhelming talent infusion and/or a unprecedented season long string of good fortune is likely to turn things around. 

The Bills of course have even less tolerance for bias and errors, starting every year behind the 8 ball at 0-2 in the division and conference before they even play a single down.

My Dad had a theory that the refs don't want to be anywhere cold come January, so they favor the warm weather teams.     :P

(of course, the success of New England and Denver is strong evidence against the cold weather theory, but whatever)

I agree with what you're saying Eleven. Everything except the offsides part. You can jump offsides as long as you don't make contact and get back before the snap. The player that jumped didn't commit any penalties.

He didn't get all the way back.  His hand and head were in the neutral zone.  He may not have affected the play.

Is true?

I saw a clip on Deadspin, and you can hear the crowd groan/roar when the guy jumps off. Looked like he got back though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.