Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I'd say he's onside based on that photo. Likely has a few fingers over the ball but not bothered by it and appreciate that it wasn't called... But the Browns tackle should've jumped to draw the flag. Edited by Hoss

I also saw a photo that appeared to show Hill stepping out of bounds long before he scored.

I used to be part of the full time referees side but I'm not sure that's the answer either. It doesn't seem to help in NHL or NBA. I think there are just too many rules for them to worry about which leads to them missing some of the obvious stuff. That and super slo mo ultra hi def doesn't help either.

I also saw a photo that appeared to show Hill stepping out of bounds long before he scored.

I used to be part of the full time referees side but I'm not sure that's the answer either. It doesn't seem to help in NHL or NBA. I think there are just too many rules for them to worry about which leads to them missing some of the obvious stuff. That and super slo mo ultra hi def doesn't help either.

There are also so many scenarios now where they will make a call to keep a play going, knowing that replay will sort it out after.  There are essentially no repercussions for making a bad call.

I also think that appealing to a ref or official to make a call should be an unsportsmanlike penalty as well.  (Just like you can get ejected for arguing balls and strikes in a baseball game.)

How often would Brady himself draw this penalty of yours?   He cries to the officials for flags after just about every Patriot play that doesn't go well. 

How often would Brady himself draw this penalty of yours?   He cries to the officials for flags after just about every Patriot play that doesn't go well. 

I somehow missed tBJ's post but I couldn't agree more.  I've been calling for that for years.  The rate of players lobbying for penalties is off the charts.  I'd love for it to be an automatic flag.  And yes, it doesn't get much worse than Brady.  He's in their ear if someone comes within even 3 feet of him.

I somehow missed tBJ's post but I couldn't agree more. I've been calling for that for years. The rate of players lobbying for penalties is off the charts. I'd love for it to be an automatic flag. And yes, it doesn't get much worse than Brady. He's in their ear if someone comes within even 3 feet of him.

If they make that stupid throw the flag gesture an unsportsmanlike penalty I'll be happy

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000592933/article/scout-id-hate-to-be-team-in-need-of-qb-in-2016-nfl-draft

"I'd hate to be a team in need of a quarterback. The best two in this draft might end up being from Memphis and North Dakota State and that ought to scare the (expletive) out of you. It takes some courage to turn that card in." -- NFC scout

The collective laugh at this comment was fun to watch. Carson Wentz is nowhere near anybody's top two. He's in the "next" group after the top 4/5 which is fine. And these comments are made legitimately every season. It was even said the Luck/RG3 year as a "I'd hate to be looking for a QB outside of the top few" type... There is no reliable source for finding a QB. I'd hate to EVER be looking for a QB.

The collective laugh at this comment was fun to watch. Carson Wentz is nowhere near anybody's top two. He's in the "next" group after the top 4/5 which is fine. And these comments are made legitimately every season. It was even said the Luck/RG3 year as a "I'd hate to be looking for a QB outside of the top few" type... There is no reliable source for finding a QB. I'd hate to EVER be looking for a QB.

Trudat :(

Isn't the OL Miss Kelly's nephew?  Pedigree?

He meant Superbowl winners have played there in the past (specifically Flacco, Big Ben and Eli). But yes, JK's nephew is currently at Ole Miss. Probably isn't going to be in this draft and might not be draftable anyways.

Markets are supposed to be rational.

At present, the market responsible for creating NFL quarterback talent is not (rational).

right on. what we get are good to great athletes with no idea how to throw touch passes, no idea how to manage a clock intelligently,no idea how to sidestep rushers and stay in the pocket,  no idea when to get rid of the ball,no peripheral vison/sense of the rush.

There needs to be some kind of a QB school. College style ball doesn't translate to the pros in general.-And given the importance of the QB nowadays this has really ruined a good part of the NFL.

There are no Baltimore Ravens circa 2000 defenses out there anymore. But even in their case Dilfer had a basic understanding of the fundamentals to go along with his complete lack of talent.

Yeah he's a straight up punk bitch

Yeeeeeap. But I have a hard time believing he's any worse than his uncle was at the same age. I also believe that he isn't much worse than many of the hundreds of other top-of-the-world college QBs out there. The big difference is we all know his name and have his seen his game considering the local ties.

I'm not interested in him as a prospect because I think his "punk bitchness" is too much while the talent/size is too little.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.