Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

His running style probably fits what Ryan wants to do more than Spiller's does, but he's on the wrong side of 28 (the age where the average RB peaks).  If they can get him on a cheap one-year deal, sure.  Otherwise, there are plenty of RBs who can fill the need.

i wouldn't sign him to big money either. Jackson's age and Spiller heading out the door, this team is going to need RB's. Figure they will draft one and sign a couple, Johnson is an option for the right price. 

Oh boy....looks like Josh McClown will be the Bills next QB to battle with EJ. He was at the Sabres game last night...ugh!!! This really isn't cool. I would take Dirty Sanchez over this bum.

Looking at all available options...none of it matters. Every single alternative is on EJ's level, so unless we get lucky in the draft, our QB is likely to suck. Good news? We finished 8-8 (no, not counting that lame Patriots win) with crappy quarterbacking. If we can get a little more out of the defense (which I think is likely) and build an effective run game (very possible), we can get 10 wins in spite of the QB play.

Before anyone says it, I'm well aware we need a significant QB upgrade to truly be contenders. I'm just going to base all of my Bills analysis on the assumption that we can't get that for next season, and I really don't want "until we get a QB nothing matter" to be all anyone says in this thread for a calendar year.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

The move to sign McCown is neither inspiring nor surprising.

I also don't think that this rules out signing Sanchez, although it does seem to make it less likely.

Sanchez didn't have much to work w/ when he was in New York. The Bills have people to throw to, and Sanchez and Ryan have worked together before. As for for their respect for one another, I have no idea what that may be. If Rex feel Sanchez can be a keep it simple stupid kind of guy w/ few mistakes, the Bills should go after him. Buffalo's D' is stacked. Baltimore won a Super Bowl w/ Trent Dilfer. Their D' was insanely good. Dilfer simply didn't make the costly mistakes. 

Sanchez didn't have much to work w/ when he was in New York. The Bills have people to throw to, and Sanchez and Ryan have worked together before. As for for their respect for one another, I have no idea what that may be. If Rex feel Sanchez can be a keep it simple stupid kind of guy w/ few mistakes, the Bills should go after him. Buffalo's D' is stacked. Baltimore won a Super Bowl w/ Trent Dilfer. Their D' was insanely good. Dilfer simply didn't make the costly mistakes. 

Sanchez is a turnover machine. If Rex thinks he can be a game manager with minimal mistakes, that would frighten me. 

I maintain that there's no F'n way Rex wants to work with Sanchez again.

From a skill set, he was actually ranked in the top ten in both run and pass blocking by Pro Football Focus in 2013 before he was released. That being said his behavior in locker room and his use of the N Word in any context have no place in today's society

I think you are wrong, i think the use of the N word still has a place in todays society, just don't be white when using it :p

That phenomenon is not limited or even related to this country in any way.

very true

Bears wouldn't commit to Jay Cutler today and multiple reporters are saying they think this shows that they're going to move him. He's still, by far, the best option out there. I'm more all-in on Cutler than I was before. The draft isn't going to get us anything immediate and free agency is a bunch of garbage. Get it done.

Bears wouldn't commit to Jay Cutler today and multiple reporters are saying they think this shows that they're going to move him. He's still, by far, the best option out there. I'm more all-in on Cutler than I was before. The draft isn't going to get us anything immediate and free agency is a bunch of garbage. Get it done.

How high would the price be though? 

Get that butch woman in blue and white!

@JasonLaConfora: Sam Bradford has permission to seek a trade. Finding compensation to Rams' liking will be difficult. But his agent can speak to other teams

One of these two will be Bills (that's my hopeful prediction)

Edited by Tank

@JasonLaConfora: Sam Bradford has permission to seek a trade. Finding compensation to Rams' liking will be difficult. But his agent can speak to other teams

One of these two will be Bills (that's my hopeful prediction)

My preference would be Bradford over Cutler, but either one is a definite NFL starter. We could use one of those.

I'm not even remotely a Bradford fan. He's EJ with a longer injury history. Give me Cutler or literally do a series of coin flips to determine which UFA turd we sign because at that point it really doesn't matter.

The comparison from Bradford to EJ aren't even close. Bradford has shown that he's a starting QB in this league when healthy. Problem is that he's never healthy.

With that said: I take Cutler due to health. If health wasn't an issue I would take Bradford... But if health wasn't an issue he'd be under a $100M+ contract with the Rams and unavailable.

The comparison from Bradford to EJ aren't even close. Bradford has shown that he's a starting QB in this league when healthy. Problem is that he's never healthy.

With that said: I take Cutler due to health. If health wasn't an issue I would take Bradford... But if health wasn't an issue he'd be under a $100M+ contract with the Rams and unavailable.

Completely and totally disagree. 

Bradford      Manuel

QBR      40.7           34.8 (42.3 in 10 games as a rookie, 19.8 in five games this year...need more starts)

CMP%   58.6           58.6

YPA       6.29           6.43

TD:INT  1.55           1.33

It's not a pure comparison because Bradford improved in his 3rd and 4th seasons (Manuel's rookie numbers are better than Bradford's) but I think it gets the point across. 

Rating for Bradford were narrowly below Manuel's for their rookie seasons but I'd take Bradford there any day...

Bradford 354 for 590 (60%) 3,512 yards, 18 TDs and 15 INTs

Manuel (extrapolated to 16 games) 288 for 490 (58.8%) 3,155 yards 18 TDs and 14 INTs

Bradford's two healthy seasons he was over 3500 yards and 18 TDs (21 in 2012). Ratings don't like Bradford but his numbers are far better than what Manuel is currently capable of.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.