Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Can people stop using this reasoning?  Just because a lot of sports commentators suck doesn't mean that we have to be okay with our guy that sucks slightly less hard.

Ah, that makes sense.  I just want to see more blitzing (although I get that the Chan/Fitz spread is pretty good against the rush, I still like our CBs)

I do too. I'm starting to think Rex doesn't trust our safeties or linebackers though. Frankly, at the very least, I think ILB is a very real need come draft time.

I do too. I'm starting to think Rex doesn't trust our safeties or linebackers though. Frankly, at the very least, I think ILB is a very real need come draft time.

It's not just that he doesn't blitz, the linebackers are never behind the D-line.  We don't even threaten the possibility of a blitz.  Our pass rushing scheme is so vanilla, it reminds me of the George Edwards defense.

It's not just that he doesn't blitz, the linebackers are never behind the D-line.  We don't even threaten the possibility of a blitz.  Our pass rushing scheme is so vanilla, it reminds me of the George Edwards defense.

Right, I don't think he trusts them to threaten the blitz and still make it back in coverage. Not sure if it's physical speed or mentally grasping what he wants, but the trust isn't there with them. And honestly, they've kinda played like poop more often than not this season.

That Rex Ryan presser was awesome. I love this guy, even if he has his flaws as a coach. 

I said before the game, wouldn't it be great to see it come down to the last drive only to see Fitz get picked off........... for old times' sake? :D

That was one of the most entertaining games I've seen all year. Why? Because the refs kept the flags in their pocket and let them play! They saved the penalties for only the most blatant offenses.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Anyone know why EJ was an inactive for yesterday's game?

I know, I know it's hindsight, but the Jets opted for two 4th down plays deep in Buffalo territory instead of kicking chip shot field goals and lost by 5.

Schmidt was clearly poised to be goat of the game last night.  He owes the entire Defense a dinner and while at it, he should take out to dinner the Jets head coach too.

EJ was scratched in favor of a guy they recently signed when Tyrod was hurt, Johnson. Would appear EJ is done in Buffalo; maybe the league sooner than later.

As for the Jets going for it on 4th: The analytics likely say that was the right move to make (winning %). Also, the Jets were a top 5 TD red zone team going into the game. They played to their strength; it just didn't work out for them. Still a good call from their coaches.

So, did anybody else have Bacardi Rambo as the AFC Defensive Player of the week? ;)

And we got him for nothing!  Thanks to the Washington .  2 Forced Fumbles, 1 Fumble Recovery and the other was run back for a TD, and the game clinching INT.  What a game he had.

It's also nice to remember how glad I am that FitzMagic is somewhere else.  I can't count how many times I thought that while watching the game last night.

It was awful trying to flip between games, and then even when I found a stream of the Bills game having to split focus like that makes it not fun. And we have to do it again next Monday.

Not really.  I don't think Monday's Bills game will be worth watching.

Not really.  I don't think Monday's Bills game will be worth watching.

Bills should really just go for broke.  If they play their "normal" way they're going to lose by a large margin.

Seriously, just blitz the out of Brady, especially up the middle.  Press the WRs and TEs and just see what happens.  Nothing to lose since they have very little chance anyway, so just go all out.  IMHO, of course. 

Prediction:  They won't do this and Brady will throw quick passes all night to receivers that have a 10 yard cushion from the DBs for no logical reason.  :wallbash:

Bills should really just go for broke.  If they play their "normal" way they're going to lose by a large margin.

Seriously, just blitz the ###### out of Brady, especially up the middle.  Press the WRs and TEs and just see what happens.  Nothing to lose since they have very little chance anyway, so just go all out.  IMHO, of course. 

Prediction:  They won't do this and Brady will throw quick passes all night to receivers that have a 10 yard cushion from the DBs for no logical reason.  :wallbash:

All of this

And espn can just off with their headlines anymore, that company is just terrible. Front page is all about how we win, but Rex Ryan is the "biggest loser" because of the captain thing. Who in the hell cares about NFL captains? Nobody but espn. The wildcard race? Nah. The divisional win? Nope. But, surely, we can talk about the close and exciting game? Nope, that and you. Let's talk about the captains, because we're the tmz of sports

All of this

And espn can just ###### off with their headlines anymore, that company is just terrible. Front page is all about how we win, but Rex Ryan is the "biggest loser" because of the captain thing. Who in the hell cares about NFL captains? Nobody but espn. The wildcard race? Nah. The divisional win? Nope. But, surely, we can talk about the close and exciting game? Nope, ###### that and ###### you. Let's talk about the captains, because we're the tmz of sports

I read the article and it reminded me why I never go to ESPN for anything. Oh no! He sent out the guy who punched a guy not even on the field! The horror! Hey ESPN did you see Bacarri Rambo's monster game?

All of this

And espn can just ###### off with their headlines anymore, that company is just terrible. Front page is all about how we win, but Rex Ryan is the "biggest loser" because of the captain thing. Who in the hell cares about NFL captains? Nobody but espn. The wildcard race? Nah. The divisional win? Nope. But, surely, we can talk about the close and exciting game? Nope, ###### that and ###### you. Let's talk about the captains, because we're the tmz of sports

Based on that coverage, I still think Mulligan is the biggest loser.  Poor guy can't buy a second of attention (other than that mic'ed up segment)

All of this

Nobody cares about the Bills playoff hopes outside of Bills fans. 

And even then, that didn't look like a playoff team last night.

Have you seen the AFC lately?  The stars may finally be aligning and if you get the 1st wildcard you're likely playing a team that's worse than you in the 1st round of the playoffs (AFC South).  

But, unfortunately this is the Bills and we can (and likely will) screw this up in the most insane way possible.

I loved the unis

I resisted as much as possible, but I ended up really liking them too.  I want one of the red hoodies everyone on the sideline had.  I liked them even more than the uniforms.

At least we didn't have the Jets' uniforms.  That shade of green....not good imo   

Wasn't that their normal shade?  I think they just looked bad because red and green clash.  That was just.... too much clash.

They seemed much lighter to me, but it could have entirely have been the contrast with the red.

Edited by EastsideOasis

Bills should really just go for broke. If they play their "normal" way they're going to lose by a large margin.

Seriously, just blitz the ###### out of Brady, especially up the middle. Press the WRs and TEs and just see what happens. Nothing to lose since they have very little chance anyway, so just go all out. IMHO, of course.

Prediction: They won't do this and Brady will throw quick passes all night to receivers that have a 10 yard cushion from the DBs for no logical reason. :wallbash:

I disagree with blitzing Brady a lot--he's too good at identifying them pre snap. Mix them in, sure, but the book on him has long been to get pressure up the middle with a 4-man rush while disrupting him timing with WRs by playing press.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.