Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

So I'll be at the game Sunday. Getting flown in, game ticket and hotel paid for with pre game sideline pass and suite tickets. Is it wrong that I'm more excited about all that and going out for some live music and good food on Saturday night than I am for the game itself?

Nope.  Where's the music?

Though I posted it, but don't see it now.

Anyone see Carruci's article about how the D-Line is still struggling with Rex's scheme? Seems that Dareus's gripe during camp was far from nothing.

I'll say it: The fact that Rex doesn't have those guys wreaking havoc reflects poorly on him. Schwartz had the same issues with having new personnel - he made it work (man, did he).

Also, on the matter of Tannehill's p-squad smack talk being more normal than we know.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2576553-donte-stallworth-says-tom-brady-used-to-pay-practice-squad-players-for-ints?iid=ob_homepage_NewsAndBuzz_pool

Edited by That Aud Smell

Do the four game comparison of statistics between last year and this year and you will see our defense was not the dominating defense they ended up being and last year's D didn't suffer a record breaking performance by Brady that really jacked up the numbers. We are actually statistically better in a couple metrics that matter far more than gross yards allowed, too.

Carucci manages to miss the boat entirely by pointing to sacks to make his case.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Appreciate the perspective, K9.

The fact that the players feel constrained is concerning, though.

Contrast those remarks to those made by the players in camp. Night and day to when they were saying the defense was anything BUT constraining and how the scheme allowed so much flexibility for creating havoc.

There was huge expectation that the D would simply pick up where it left off from last season. But new scheme implementation seldom works that way. What's amazing to me is how our front four doesn't get the credit for forcing teams to drastically alter their passing schemes when they face us.

When our safeties and LBs get in the same page and we start jumping on all this short stuff, I think we will see the resemblance to Ryan's previous dominating defenses. I look forward to Carucci's revision down the road.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Just because our D isn't geting sacks does not mean they are worse than last year.  Our pass and rush defense overall (yards per play, not total yards) are an improvement.  And like Blue said, we shut down ODB, which had not happened yet in the 16 games he had played as a professional.  just saying. 

And we shut down Beckham, which is no small thing.

I wasn't surprised at all. There are well documented flaws in his game going back to LSU. Especially route running.

But make a spectacular one hand grab on national TV in the media cradle of the world and you can do no wrong.

GO BILLS!!!

Contrast those remarks to those made by the players in camp. Night and day to when they were saying the defense was anything BUT constraining and how the scheme allowed so much flexibility for creating havoc.

I don't recall those quotes. I recall Dareus saying he was having a tough time adapting to what was being asked of him.

Didn't Dareus say something to that effect last offseason?  My offseasons are getting all mixed up here

Early August 2015.

Not that it has always been smooth as he transitions to a new scheme and another new coaching staff. Although Dareus calls playing for Ryan “a dream come true,” he admitted he is struggling a bit with how he is being guided by new defensive line coach Karl Dunbar.

“It’s just kind of a clash” between “the way I play and the way he coaches,” Dareus said. “And I’m just trying to incorporate what he wants into what I do to kind of just make it work so I can do what I know he wants and make it work for me as well. We’re just trying to fit the puzzle pieces right now.

“I still feel like he doesn’t understand me and is just trying to figure me out. But we’re trying to work together. We’re working closer. I’m a free player. I like to mess plays up. I like to just be all-out with it. If I can knock down three” blockers, “I can knock down three. I’m going to do whatever it takes to get to the ball. He kind of wants me to be more of a technical player, stay in your gap, fundamentals.”

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/01/bills-dareus-on-verge-of-big-payday/

And, in fairness, Dareus seems to be saying the scheme is a good fit, but that there are specific techniques that D-Line coach demands that were a problem for him.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I wasn't surprised at all. There are well documented flaws in his game going back to LSU. Especially route running.

But make a spectacular one hand grab on national TV in the media cradle of the world and you can do no wrong.

GO BILLS!!!

My Facebook feed was literally full of him...for making that one handed catch where he landed four feet out of bounds. It was so stupid how everyone fawned over that.

My viewpoint is pretty simple: Rex's defensive track record is superb and because of it he deserves more than 4 games before people start pining for Schwartz. The impatience of fans is no better illustrated than with this. Sorry if that comes off poorly, this whole thing is just beginning to irk the crap outta me.

Early August 2015.

Not that it has always been smooth as he transitions to a new scheme and another new coaching staff. Although Dareus calls playing for Ryan “a dream come true,” he admitted he is struggling a bit with how he is being guided by new defensive line coach Karl Dunbar.

“It’s just kind of a clash” between “the way I play and the way he coaches,” Dareus said. “And I’m just trying to incorporate what he wants into what I do to kind of just make it work so I can do what I know he wants and make it work for me as well. We’re just trying to fit the puzzle pieces right now.

“I still feel like he doesn’t understand me and is just trying to figure me out. But we’re trying to work together. We’re working closer. I’m a free player. I like to mess plays up. I like to just be all-out with it. If I can knock down three” blockers, “I can knock down three. I’m going to do whatever it takes to get to the ball. He kind of wants me to be more of a technical player, stay in your gap, fundamentals.”

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/01/bills-dareus-on-verge-of-big-payday/

And, in fairness, Dareus seems to be saying the scheme is a good fit, but that there are specific techniques that D-Line coach demands that were a problem for him.

thanks for the clarification.  Got mixed up in which offseason was which lol

My viewpoint is pretty simple: Rex's defensive track record is superb and because of it he deserves more than 4 games before people start pining for Schwartz. The impatience of fans is no better illustrated than with this. Sorry if that comes off poorly, this whole thing is just beginning to irk the crap outta me.

Fair. I think I gotstachill.

Nope.  Where's the music?

No band in particular, the last time I did this trip our hosts took us out for a nice steak dinner and then out on the town to sample the vibrant Nashville music scene.  You get to see and hear some real talent before the corporate suits sign them, over produce their sound and strip the music of any soul it once had. 

No band in particular, the last time I did this trip our hosts took us out for a nice steak dinner and then out on the town to sample the vibrant Nashville music scene.  You get to see and hear some real talent before the corporate suits sign them, over produce their sound and strip the music of any soul it once had. 

LOL My brain went numb and I assumed you were getting flown into Buffalo and having a night on the town.

GO BILLS!!!

Wide receiver gloves are the new performance enhancing drugs.

I'm not worried, while still being angry about how the defense has played so far. End of last season spoiled me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.