Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Oh I'm with you on that. I was directing it at that who make posts ripping the Bills for lack of discipline. The personal fouls, sure absolutely they should just shut up after the play...but the rest? Flags are an epidemic so far this season--so much ticky tack stuff being called all over the place.

They're calling more, yeah, but we have nine more this year than the next-highest team, so, relative to the rest of the league, we are the most undisciplined, no?

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html

Edited by Randall Flagg

They're calling more, yeah, but we have nine more this year than the next-highest team, so, relative to the rest of the league, we are the most undisciplined, no?

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html

Those would be the personal fouls. Take them out and we're just like everyone else getting flagged for seemingly every borderline call. I don't believe the outrage over discipline is limited to the personal fouls.

1.  I'm not sure whether Ryan, Roman, or someone else calls the offensive plays, but whoever it is should be removed from football forever.

2.  Swamp and freeman are going to go at it again today about the refs, and Swamp will be correct.

My criticism is limited to the lack of discipline and preparation (personal fouls, lining up over center). I don't believe in conspiracies against the Bills. My comment on the overall penalty number applies only to the unwatchable nature of the game. I don't think Rex nor Buffalo are handled differently.

I now watch a game, see a play, and hold my reaction until I see the adjudication. I find myself not feeling good or bad about a play UNTIL the teams line up for the next one. Truly, my eyes go to the time/score box on the screen, awaiting the yellow flag indicator.

PASS, complete or not, yay or boo, pause pause pause .... YAY!

Edited by N'eo

My criticism is limited to the lack of discipline and preparation (personal fouls, lining up over center). I don't believe in conspiracies against the Bills. My comment on the overall penalty number applies only to the unwatchable nature of the game. I don't think Rex nor Buffalo are handled differently.

All those personal fouls don't help with the rest of the calls.  At this point, these guys have a reputation with the refs.  If they see some borderline play, they're more likely to throw that flag because of it.  That's what happened with the Clay PI (Clay was blocking the ref's line of site to the defender) and also that horrible Watkins one against New England.  They see the defender fall and just assume we did something wrong because all this team does is take penalties.

1.  I'm not sure whether Ryan, Roman, or someone else calls the offensive plays, but whoever it is should be removed from football forever.

2.  Swamp and freeman are going to go at it again today about the refs, and Swamp will be correct.

The NFL is a joke. I was going to go to a game in November, but I'm selling the tickets.

Interesting thought I'll borrow from TBD. The Incognito chop block may not have been a "letter of the rule" call, but it was consistent with how it's called. That is, if you block someone already engaged, you can't hit below the waist (letter) but you'd better not have a parallel or downward trajectory if you hit anywhere NEAR the waist or below (how it's called). No doubt we know and coach this. Brain fart, good call, immaterial to the play and not dangerous, frustration.

All those personal fouls don't help with the rest of the calls. At this point, these guys have a reputation with the refs. If they see some borderline play, they're more likely to throw that flag because of it. That's what happened with the Clay PI (Clay was blocking the ref's line of site to the defender) and also that horrible Watkins one against New England. They see the defender fall and just assume we did something wrong because all this team does is take penalties.

Your nuance is correct, I think. Edited by N'eo

All those personal fouls don't help with the rest of the calls.  At this point, these guys have a reputation with the refs.  If they see some borderline play, they're more likely to throw that flag because of it.  That's what happened with the Clay PI (Clay was blocking the ref's line of site to the defender) and also that horrible Watkins one against New England.  They see the defender fall and just assume we did something wrong because all this team does is take penalties.

Nothing gets me angrier than this sentiment. A rule is a rule no matter how big of an or how sweet the guy or how big of a star or how young (Cam Newton).

Nothing gets me angrier than this sentiment. A rule is a rule no matter how big of an ###### or how sweet the guy or how big of a star or how young (Cam Newton).

It sucks, but it's real.  Until we get to the point where Jerry Hughes sits down at the end of every single play, they're going to be watching him.

It sucks, but it's real.  Until we get to the point where Jerry Hughes sits down at the end of every single play, they're going to be watching him.

It's why the NFL is a joke.

There is more emotion in some BattleBots than what the NFL allows in their players.

I still get a kick out of knowing that coaches are "allowed" to wear a suit up to two times a season.

I think I may have cracked. I might just be done with the NFL.

It's why the NFL is a joke.

There is more emotion in some BattleBots than what the NFL allows in their players.

I still get a kick out of knowing that coaches are "allowed" to wear a suit up to two times a season.

I think I may have cracked. I might just be done with the NFL.

I'm not there yet. But I am getting there.

This is absolutely true, and the reason for a few (a lot) of the calls yesterday, it seemed.  Kyle Williams even said something to the sort in his post game interview.  The Bills need to shut their mouths and move on to the next play from here on out, otherwise, they're going to keep beating themselves.  

...and replaced him with their tight ends coach. How bad does your team have to be to think the best option for head coach is a (relatively) minor position coach? 

Well I just realized that I don't know who our tight ends coach is without Google, so that seems pretty bad.  They are only a game and tiebreaker worse than us at this point though  :ph34r:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.