Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

And how the hell does Kouandijo get a false start on a hard count? Not even a false start, that guy honestly thought that we were running a play. I swear he has anxiety problems or something. I saw it in the draft room on draft day and it explains how someone with his talent doesn't do anything last year. He look scared as hell when Glenn went down. Scared like how I'd be scared if I was thrown out there to block.

Someone needs to teach him some deep breathing exercises or something.

Because he's a bad player. That's what bad players do.

The GM's job is to assemble a winning team, and he has to be accountable for the failure to achieve that goal. So far, this is not a winning team.

If they finish 8-8, how will you feel about Whaley?

And I'm not impressed with Dareus. For that much money he needs to bring it every game and shut down the run the way 10 Washington used to.

If the team is lousy every year, am I not supposed to post that they are lousy?

There are way too many straw man arguments here.

1) The GM is too blame if they don't win, period.

2) How will I feel if the bills miss the playoffs for a 16th straight year

3) You aren't impressed with dareous this year

4) You aren't allowed to post that they are lousy.

How could anyone argue with any of that?  Basically, if the team doesn't win or a player isn't performing, it is the GM's fault.  Got it.  

How could anyone argue with any of that?  Basically, if the team doesn't win or a player isn't performing, it is the GM's fault.  Got it.  

Yeah, this game isn't on Whaley. Maybe for the O-line but that's not why we lost. 

He's always had an anti-Dareus bias. It's really quite sad at this point.

Are you happy with Dareus so far this season? 2/3 games he made little to no impact.

Yeah, this game isn't on Whaley. Maybe for the O-line but that's not why we lost.

O-line actually did a decent job pass blocking today. Too bad Roman thinks he can run downhill with them.

Are you happy with Dareus so far this season? 2/3 games he made little to no impact.

Of course not, but does the word whaley enter my brain?  No, that is ridiculous.  Instead I realize he has had two low-impact games, when the rest of the d-line had low-impact games.  And thats uh where the thought process stops, as it should.  Dareus has shown to be an impact player, 2 games doesn't change that.  And I certainly don't blame whaley....

IMHO, the talent is there. The coaching and discipline is not. Is Rex Ryan and his new staff really an upgrade over what we had?

Offensively it's not close. I thought Roman had a clunker today but his QB, OL, and TE didn't do him any favors. Taylor looked like a back up, Clay caught about half the balls thrown to him and the run blocking was abysmal. Roman should have known running would have been a tough go as the Giants are stout up front. Their weakness is their secondary but it was only tested when the Bills were down big. I don't care how many times that stupid fade pass works, it misses far more often. Calling it on 3rd and 4 is moronic.

How could anyone argue with any of that? Basically, if the team doesn't win or a player isn't performing, it is the GM's fault. Got it.

I think we may have different definitions of "straw man argument." Generally, when someone says X, and someone else disagrees with X and argues that X is incorrect, that is not a straw man argument.

A straw man argument is when someone says "I don't care if you think that I should eat babies for breakfast, I'm not going to do it." In other words, it's arguing against something no one would ever say.

In this case, the Whaley defenders had plenty to say this past week. They seemed to regard a 2-1 record as proof that he's done a good job. I do not agree. I think he has found some talented players in the draft, but overall he has not built an especially good team. I think he should've been fired this past summer. I hope to be proven wrong, but displays like today's don't make me optimistic that that is going to happen.

I think my question to you about how you would feel about Whaley if the bills were to miss the playoffs this year was a reasonable question, given that you dismissed my criticism of him as ridiculous. I think the proposition that at some point he needs to be held accountable for the results of the team is reasonable. Either way, it was far from a straw man argument.

I have also felt for quite some time that Dareus is well overrated. Now, to be fair, I think the bills pretty much had to keep him and had to pay him what they paid him -- but I can see this contract extension turning into a debacle. In any case, Dareus is also someone that I have disagreed with many others on this board about, so I don't see how bringing him up could be a straw man argument.

The Bills seem to be a team full of selfish players.

Not sure yet how much of that is on the coach.

Can't wait for the Sabres to start playing. 

At least there might be some fun in the game day thread.

This has been painful to read.

I agree with this 100%, Selfish and not prepared. 

Is Jerry Hughes looking to set the career mark for 15 yard unsportsman like conduct players. He doesn't make enough plays to over look this level of stupidity. 

1-2 at home with the two home losses being quite embarrassing.

Overall, the 2015 Buffalo Bills are not a likable team. They have an unearned bravado and just play stupid football.

How many points did the Giants have taken off the scoreboard?

We had 14.

Just sayin'.

Which penalty was not deserved? The Bills were holding on the Taylor TD run and Incognito engaged a defender low who was already engaged, again stupid since there was no reason to. 

Let's talk about the penalty that gave the Giants a chance to turn a field goal into a touchdown? Is it the officials fault the Bills forgot you can't can't cover the center on field goals? Blaming the officials is just a way to ignore the bigger problem. This is just not a very smart football team? 

I think we may have different definitions of "straw man argument." Generally, when someone says X, and someone else disagrees with X and argues that X is incorrect, that is not a straw man argument.

A straw man argument is when someone says "I don't care if you think that I should eat babies for breakfast, I'm not going to do it." In other words, it's arguing against something no one would ever say.

In this case, the Whaley defenders had plenty to say this past week. They seemed to regard a 2-1 record as proof that he's done a good job. I do not agree. I think he has found some talented players in the draft, but overall he has not built an especially good team. I think he should've been fired this past summer. I hope to be proven wrong, but displays like today's don't make me optimistic that that is going to happen.

I think my question to you about how you would feel about Whaley if the bills were to miss the playoffs this year was a reasonable question, given that you dismissed my criticism of him as ridiculous. I think the proposition that at some point he needs to be held accountable for the results of the team is reasonable. Either way, it was far from a straw man argument.

I have also felt for quite some time that Dareus is well overrated. Now, to be fair, I think the bills pretty much had to keep him and had to pay him what they paid him -- but I can see this contract extension turning into a debacle. In any case, Dareus is also someone that I have disagreed with many others on this board about, so I don't see how bringing him up could be a straw man argument.

I guess we do.  If you fail to see how hundreds of factors go into if a team wins or not, and then to sum it up as "that's the GM's responsibility" then how can anyone argue with that.  Players threw 5 interceptions today, we lose, GM's fault because he picked the players.  It's not an argument I'm interested in getting in.  If you feel you can grade a GM solely by wins-loss record then that is fair, but I just strongly disagree with that. 

My mom would always blame play calling anytime we lost.  No matter what.  And its impossible to argue with, because if we scored more, we would have won.  It reminds me of that.  You always blame the GM it seems, some always blame penalties, some always blame the line, etc.  Today there was ###### execution, bad tackling, horrible play calling, penalties galore, and costly mistakes.  I don't know who to blame, some it is on the players and coaches for sure.  Maybe on whaley some too for having duke williams on the roster.  

And how can you after 3 games say is anyone starting doubt the "wisdom" of the dareous extension and at the same time admit we had not choice but to keep him.  I don't care if dareous flops and and never gets a sack, that isn't the GMs fault.  It was a no brainer football decision to keep him.   If Eichel is the worst hockey player ever, I don't blame GMTM for drafting him.  

I'm angry at the game today so sorry if any is coming out at you, not intended.   :beer:

What an absolute crappy game today.  

The defense extending a TD-drive with awful penalties.  

The offense driving down the field and then back to back penalties for a 1st and 25.  

Us driving with enough time and woods fumbling.  

The insistence on short passes when it wasn't working.  

Moving down the field with long passes, and then not throwing one time into the endzone once we reached the 10 yard line.  

Down by 6 with in the 4th quarter and the defense gives up a 50 yard TD pass with tho horrible miss tackles and darby not going for a tackle because he though rambo had him.  

carpenter missing a short field goal.  

No pass rush.  

Yea there were some bad calls on the bills today but thats what you get when you commit 10+ legitimate penalties.  Can't blame the refs at all.  

Hughes is an absolute idiot

Duke williams is complete trash, sign anyone else whaley.

Robert Woods today sucked.  Not only the fumble, but the failure to catch a long pass in the 2nd i think

Taylor won't run even when there is a ton of field ripe for the picking.  

Harvin whiffing on the deep ball

Short yardage play calling is the worst

Designed short yard pass plays when you need 8+ yards are beyond dumb.  

Why does Thigpin not only fair catch every ball inside the 10, he even did one near the 5.  Why is this okay?

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

I agree with this 100%, Selfish and not prepared. 

Is Jerry Hughes looking to set the career mark for 15 yard unsportsman like conduct players. He doesn't make enough plays to over look this level of stupidity. 

1-2 at home with the two home losses being quite embarrassing.

Overall, the 2015 Buffalo Bills are not a likable team. They have an unearned bravado and just play stupid football.

Which penalty was not deserved? The Bills were holding on the Taylor TD run and Incognito engaged a defender low who was already engaged, again stupid since there was no reason to. 

Let's talk about the penalty that gave the Giants a chance to turn a field goal into a touchdown? Is it the officials fault the Bills forgot you can't can't cover the center on field goals? Blaming the officials is just a way to ignore the bigger problem. This is just not a very smart football team?

The penalty on the kick was a penalty. That was a good call.

That was NOT holding on the trod TD. I just wasn't.

The difference in how they called PI between the two teams in the 1st half was astounding. If you think it didn't have an effect on the outcome on the game then God bless you. I'm done with the NFL and they will get none of my money going forward.

The penalty on the kick was a penalty. That was a good call.

That was NOT holding on the trod TD. I just wasn't.

The difference in how they called PI between the two teams in the 1st half was astounding. If you think it didn't have an effect on the outcome on the game then God bless you. I'm done with the NFL and they will get none of my money going forward.

The holding call was "iffy."  As was the offensive pass interference call on Clay.  He pushed off a little, but every guy on every route does that.  When it gets called versus when it doesn't get called seems arbitrary (I think there are some parallels to certain hockey calls in that regard).  I thought there were some bad calls both ways.  The lineman downfield call against the Giants was pretty questionable.

I just want to see quiet, confident, professionals come to work on Sunday and execute. The talent's there to win often enough to be a playoff team.

The most disappointing aspect of today's game was Ryan's press conference. Asked about the out of control play, he said he was proud of his boys for fighting, competing, etc. To me, fighting and competing means making plays and executing even when you're down. It doesn't mean getting flagged, being in the face of opponents, and talking. That kind of fight gets you giggled at.

Professional football. It's a job. Prepare and execute. That would be a bully.

I'm getting sick and tired of wanting to get the hell out of that stadium before the 4th quarter even begins. The Bills beat two crappy teams and lost to two playoff teams.......same old crappy, over hyped team that I'm used to....

This sure isn't going to make you feel better, but the Giants have missed the playoffs for 3 straight years  :ph34r:

If the Bills are a bunch of dummies getting penalties, so is the rest of the league: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25321546/nfl-sets-record-for-most-penalties-in-league-history-through-week-3

To this point, the NFL season has featured 730 accepted penalties, which is the highest total through Week 3 in the history of the league, according to ESPN and Elias. The previous record was set back in 2005, when NFL teams accepted 716 penalties through Week 3.

If the Bills are a bunch of dummies getting penalties, so is the rest of the league: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25321546/nfl-sets-record-for-most-penalties-in-league-history-through-week-3

Thanks but I didn't need that to tell me other teams get hosed too. I'm just not willing to accept that the NFL is rigging games through officiating...yet. That is a big fundamental leap. One I just can't take.

Thanks but I didn't need that to tell me other teams get hosed too. I'm just not willing to accept that the NFL is rigging games through officiating...yet. That is a big fundamental leap. One I just can't take.

Oh I'm with you on that. I was directing it at that who make posts ripping the Bills for lack of discipline. The personal fouls, sure absolutely they should just shut up after the play...but the rest? Flags are an epidemic so far this season--so much ticky tack stuff being called all over the place.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.