Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Matthew Fairburn @MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan says he is proud of how his team played.

Rex Ryan knows the Bills took too many penalties but he wants a team that will fight "right, wrong or indifferent."

Rex Ryan says reporters don't understand the game the way he does. He's pretty animated here in his post game presser.

:wallbash:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

Edited by Hoss

Matthew Fairburn @MatthewFairburn

Rex Ryan says he is proud of how his team played.

Rex Ryan knows the Bills took too many penalties but he wants a team that will fight "right, wrong or indifferent."

Rex Ryan says reporters don't understand the game the way he does. He's pretty animated here in his post game presser.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Hey, you're back! Do me a favor and go read my Tannehill related trolling from last week. Thanks in advance :p

Also, while I think the coach is to blame for penalties overall.  You can't blame rex for hughes (or aaron williams).  Those two ###### are grown men who do it every week.  

Make no mistake, if aaron williams played today, he would have stopped that long TD pass (unlike rambo).  He would then have extended that drive by punching someone

Hey, you're back! Do me a favor and go read my Tannehill related trolling from last week. Thanks in advance :P

he was so bad today again

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

Hahaha pretty good profile on AW, Danger.

And smh at Rexy. I'm sure this is just him standing with his team to keep their heads in the right place, but you can admit a lack of execution and stand with your guys at the same time.

Yea, I feel week 4 is a little too early for bunker mentality. That said, it also a little too early to cut and fire everybody.

Serenity now, people!

The players lost this game with their undisciplined play.

Then the next big goat is Roman.  He steadfastly refused to admit that Williams up the middle wasn't working and yet he called it all the first half.  What ever you thought you saw in game film simply wasn't there.  That bone headed play calling kept the defense on the field (when they weren't keeping themselves on the field with mindless personal fouls, etc) and wore them down in the first half.

Edited by wjag

If when a player is touching the sideline and the ball, then the ball is also considered to be out of bounds, then why was the INT allowed to stand?

While the Gint was in the process of making the catch, Clay was still touching the ball and his leg was on the sideline. Guy never 'made a football move' other than holding onto the ball when he hit the turf. But by then, the ball was already out of bounds. Extremely ticky-tack, but that is what the NFL is working towards - extreme ticky-tackiness.

Can't continue to average 4 personal fouls per game & expect to win more than 8-9. Luckily they play some very bad teams the next 3. Can't continue to let penalties take 14 points off the board and add 4 to the other guy's score. Rexy's got his bully; but as mentioned upthread, it can't be a STUPID bully.

Not Gronk by themselves, nope.

His matchups are just so wonky and it's not working.

Gronk, sure. But that's not what you said ;)

I just view the defense much differently. It started slow, but it was good today overall. How about we give some credit to neutralizing Beckham the entire game? He was a total non-factor. It's not the scheme that causes Bradham to miss a tackle, nor the special teams to line up over the top of the center, nor Tyrod to give them the ball on our 30.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Doesn't say much for the Giants for the Bills to have two TD's called back, for the Bills to have 17 penalties, for the Bills to be missing their #1 RB and #1 WR......... and only win by 2 TD's. They've got a long way to go if they want to make the playoffs.

Gronk, sure. But that's not what you said ;)

I just view the defense much differently. It started slow, but it was good today overall. How about we give some credit to neutralizing Beckham the entire game? He was a total non-factor. It's not the scheme that causes Bradham to miss a tackle, nor the special teams to line up over the top of the center, nor Tyrod to give them the ball on our 30.

Yeah, that was a half-formed thought. I think our players are fine. I think Darby is ridiculous. I'm not sold that Rex is any better than Schwartz yet is all. And I still can't get over seeing KW drop into coverage after lining up on the end.

1. 17 penalties?!?!  Yes, 17 penalties...

2. Where is our D-line?  Hughes and Dareus should be issuing refunds at this point.  They are not earning their new deals at all.

3. God, that was a waste of one of last few beautiful Sundays Columbus will see this year :sick:

Yeah, that was a half-formed thought. I think our players are fine. I think Darby is ridiculous. I'm not sold that Rex is any better than Schwartz yet is all. And I still can't get over seeing KW drop into coverage after lining up on the end.

He might not be better than Schwartz (I think he is, but time will tell), but I'm virtually positive he's not worse.

You gotta admit true blue, when we needed the defense the most, they were embarrassingly bad. And I don't know how much it was the defense stepping up in the second half, or the Giants getting way too conservative and bad starting field possession.

I thought the defense was okay today and not the reason for the loss. But also have no confidence in them getting a stop when we need it the most

1. 17 penalties?!?! Yes, 17 penalties...

2. Where is our D-line? Hughes and Dareus should be issuing refunds at this point. They are not earning their new deals at all.

3. God, that was a waste of one of last few beautiful Sundays Columbus will see this year :sick:

Regarding Dareus, despite my vehement defense of Rex (which is likely to continue), I am reminded of Dareus' quote in training camp about the DL coach changing the way he played some, focusing more on gap control than pushing up field. 3 games in, maybe there's something to that. But I am both willing to give it more time to play out and willing to give Ryan the benefit of the doubt that he can adjust if things are amiss. His defensive track record earns him that IMO.

You gotta admit true blue, when we needed the defense the most, they were embarrassingly bad. And I don't know how much it was the defense stepping up in the second half, or the Giants getting way too conservative and bad starting field possession.

I thought the defense was okay today and not the reason for the loss. But also have no confidence in them getting a stop when we need it the most

It was bad when they needed it, but it wasn't a scheme thing, which is what the original critique was. Bradham needs to make a tackle on Rashad freaking Jennings.

Fair point on the score effects, but the way they got that lead I really don't put on the defense.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.