Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I don't know this; I'd love your opinion. Where the PA abandoned the preliminary injunction below, can they get one from the 2d Cir?

PS I don't care about UNH or anything else outside of the 2d.

I didn't mean to suggest that could happen - that the PA could obtain an injunction from he CTA2. My point was that getting a stay generally involves the same sort of showing a preliminary injunction does. Likelihood of success (or sufficiently serious question #ElevenCLE), irreparable harm, equities.

The UNH guy's take was wicked smaht.

Edited by That Aud Smell

@TBNbucky: Spoke to @Fred22Jackson about release from #Bills. "It was a tough pill to swallow, especially because I felt like I can still contribute."

@TBNbucky: More @Fred22Jackson on Bills: "They gave me a shot. I’ll always be happy about that, but ... they closed the door on me playing there, too."

@TBNbucky: @Fred22Jackson on Bills fans signing petition: “It’s stuff like that that continues to baffle me. It separates Bills’ fans from other fans."

@TBNbucky: More @Fred22Jackson on Bills fans: "They live and die by their football. If you give everything you have to them, they return the favor."

@TBNbucky: @Fred22Jackson on GM Doug Whaley: "There’s only one person in that organization that I haven’t gotten honesty from, and that was him.

That last one was surprising.

Sorry if I missed it Eleven, but what's your prediction here?

I don't have one.  I will say again (it's upthread about a thousand posts ago) that the Federal Arbitration Act states very limited reasons for vacating an arbitrator's award, but one of them is arbitrator bias.  

My thought is, well, if the arbitrator is looking at his own prior decision, there just might be some bias.

@TBNbucky: Spoke to @Fred22Jackson about release from #Bills. "It was a tough pill to swallow, especially because I felt like I can still contribute."

@TBNbucky: More @Fred22Jackson on Bills: "They gave me a shot. I’ll always be happy about that, but ... they closed the door on me playing there, too."

@TBNbucky: @Fred22Jackson on Bills fans signing petition: “It’s stuff like that that continues to baffle me. It separates Bills’ fans from other fans."

@TBNbucky: More @Fred22Jackson on Bills fans: "They live and die by their football. If you give everything you have to them, they return the favor."

@TBNbucky: @Fred22Jackson on GM Doug Whaley: "There’s only one person in that organization that I haven’t gotten honesty from, and that was him.

That last one was surprising.

Wow.  That IS surprising and disturbing, as well.

I don't have one. I will say again (it's upthread about a thousand posts ago) that the Federal Arbitration Act states very limited reasons for vacating an arbitrator's award, but one of them is arbitrator bias.

My thought is, well, if the arbitrator is looking at his own prior decision, there just might be some bias.

Wow. That IS surprising and disturbing, as well.

Don't really think this is a big deal. Player has to blame someone and Whaley is the easy target. Jackson is a lot more shrewd when it comes to PR then he is given credit for.

He could.  That would require a stay of the original ruling, as well.  And that's not exactly over the moon.

It is VERY likely that this is not over at this level.  You're likely to be happy.

I see either losing side appealing the decision, regardless. But man, what a long process. Doty's Peterson decision is still pending appeal and it's been five or six months for crissakes. 

GO BILLS!!!

Don't really think this is a big deal. Player has to blame someone and Whaley is the easy target. Jackson is a lot more shrewd when it comes to PR then he is given credit for.

Agreed. This will pass and it won't be long before Freddy is greeted by a standing O at his Wall of Fame induction ceremony. 

GO BILLS!!!

I don't have one. I will say again (it's upthread about a thousand posts ago) that the Federal Arbitration Act states very limited reasons for vacating an arbitrator's award, but one of them is arbitrator bias.

But is it arbitrator bias if the willingly gave him that power in collective bargaining? If by some chance he makes that ruling does it blow up the CBA?

The Bills better make the playoffs or Whaley will be unemployed soon after Week 17

Yea he's only built an elite defense and the most talented group of WRs/TEs/RBs we've seen here in awhile

And how can a GM go rogue by exercising his job authority...

It's like an OC going rogue and calling a 3rd down play

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

The Bills better make the playoffs or Whaley will be unemployed soon after Week 17

I have a feeling one of those two sources was The Pegulas

Nfw Whaley failed to clear the cut wih Pegula. No way. Right?!

If he did, then he really should be fired. Not because it was a poor football decision, but because it was a decision that required owner approval.

Also, I don't think Graham has an in with the Pegulas. Graham's connections are to the old guard people at One Bills Drive.

Wait, you want the owner having to approve a football decision to cut a backup RB... So now we are pro meddling.

This Freddy thing has people acting nutty. We finally have a GM building a talented physical team, and we are mad the owner didn't meddle in the first wave of cuts

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

Some GMs have unfettered control over their roster.

Whaley is not one of those GMs.

I keep coming back to this: Pegula had to have okay'd this.

Also, there's irony here in how the Pegulas felt Brandon ran a better operation than Black. Time for Russ to mop up this mess, and once and for all fire the old guard people who're the sources for this bullspit.

Wait, you want the owner having to approve a football decision to cut a backup RB... So now we are pro meddling.

Don't be obtuse. Jackson was an institution, and as big a fan favourite as the team has had since its SB days. He was also a key pitchman for corporate partners like M&T. This had real business implications.

Some GMs have unfettered control over their roster.

Whaley is not one of those GMs.

I keep coming back to this: Pegula had to have okay'd this.

Also, there's irony here in how the Pegulas felt Brandon ran a better operation than Black. Time for Russ to mop up this mess, and once and for all fire the old guard people who're the sources for this bullspit.

Don't be obtuse. Jackson was an institution, and as big a fan favourite as the team has had since its SB days. He was also a key pitchman for corporate partners like M&T. This had real business implications.

Calling the GM making a final decision or cutting someone as going rogue is grade A Tim Graham reporting. And it's ruffling the feathers like it was intended to. I may have to ignore bills news for a few days, this is getting too much for my own good...

But again, wanting our GM fired if he made the decision to cut a backup RB is incredible.

I don't have one.  I will say again (it's upthread about a thousand posts ago) that the Federal Arbitration Act states very limited reasons for vacating an arbitrator's award, but one of them is arbitrator bias.  

This is just district court, so there could theoretically be appeals to the second circuit and finally the Supreme Court after that (not that I think the supremes would give this the time of day).

Thanks, boys. 

WTF

@ByTimGraham: Bills organization will remain unified when speaking publicly, but two sources tell me Doug Whaley went rogue in cutting Fred Jackson.

Keep his project Bryce Brown alive?

Yea he's only built an elite defense and the most talented group of WRs/TEs/RBs we've seen here in awhile

And how can a GM go rogue by exercising his job authority...

It's like an OC going rogue and calling a 3rd down play

Agree with all this a 1000%. I also agree with the decision to move on from Fred.

I have strong reason to believe that one of TG Sources is the Pegulas.

If Whaley is going to go against what the Pegulas Wishes are he better be right.

Edited by BRAWNDO

I have strong reason to believe that one of TG Sources is the Pegulas.

If Whaley is going to go against what the Pegulas Wishes are he better be right.

Strong reason, eh? Hmmm.

My only thought is that Pegula could've expressed a soft preference for F Jax to stay -- one that Whaley could override, if he were willing to stick his neck out to do it.

Unbelievable. Either Tim Graham is getting played by someone or something strange is going on in the OneBuffalo nuthouse again. Or both.

I have been advocating for the jettisoning of Whaley for quite a while now. Cutting Jackson has added to that position, but even so -- I have a hard time believing that Rex and TP weren't on board with this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.