Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Well, it seems likely that McCoy realized that he said something stupid and simply doesn't want to repeat it -- but also doesn't want to retract it or apologize to Kelly b/c he's still PO'd about being dumped by Philly. Not the best reaction, but kinda understandable and definitely better than continuing the race-baiting BS.

I do think this platform would've been poor to continue beating that drum, but I do think McCoy needs to answer questions about it. What a job ESPN did on that. When somebody says something like that you've got to dig deeper...

That's what she said?

I surely hope not  :P

I read the ESPN article that was floating around Twitter.  Apparently Mass State Troopers found his car abandoned on or near the 495, and the nav-system reported a collision (driver reported htting a deer).  Another car reported that they were rear-ended and never saw the other car (either they didn't stop or he didn't).  No further news yet. 

Take it FWIW, but early OTA reports have Manual looking the best, and Cassel the worst; Carucci is the other guy who says this, can't find the link though

http://buffalo.suntimes.com/buffalo-bills/7/116/142765/bills-ej-manuel-beating-cassel-taylor-otas

It's funny, I have a very bad feeling about the Bills this season -- like a 6-win-premonition sort of feeling. And it's tied largely** to the fear that we won't get competent QB play. For whatever reason, the idea of EJ winning the job is the scenario with which I feel most comfortable.

**Other factors: New key personnel, and new systems to learn for the returning guys. Since when did those things tend to yield a 10-win season?

It's funny, I have a very bad feeling about the Bills this season -- like a 6-win-premonition sort of feeling. And it's tied largely** to the fear that we won't get competent QB play. For whatever reason, the idea of EJ winning the job is the scenario with which I feel most comfortable.

**Other factors: New key personnel, and new systems to learn for the returning guys. Since when did those things tend to yield a 10-win season?

The defense is similar to that of Pettine's, so most of the D has a feeling for the system already. Roman's offense is definitely tricky to learn, as is any new system, but there's just so much talent on this team that a 6 win season would be the worst, absolute worst case scenario. Plus, Roman's offense isn't exactly like Kelly's. There are pre-snap looks but it's still sweeping runs and a different blocking scheme.

God I hope EJ just proves me terribly wrong this season.  

I hope he proves everyone wrong. I've been in the pro-EJ camp, I like the kid as a person and I think he's been given a rough deal of it so far.

This is not surprising. Matt Cassel is awful.

He's gotta be better than Tyrod F'n Taylor

The defense is similar to that of Pettine's, so most of the D has a feeling for the system already. Roman's offense is definitely tricky to learn, as is any new system, but there's just so much talent on this team that a 6 win season would be the worst, absolute worst case scenario. Plus, Roman's offense isn't exactly like Kelly's. There are pre-snap looks but it's still sweeping runs and a different blocking scheme.

I hope he proves everyone wrong. I've been in the pro-EJ camp, I like the kid as a person and I think he's been given a rough deal of it so far.

He's gotta be better than Tyrod F'n Taylor

No, no he does not :p

We got 9 wins with QB play just as bad as we're likely to see this season. I think the only way we have a disastrous 6 win season is significant defensive players miss extended time.

@john_wawrow: Might be disappointing news to some, but hearing #Bills have no intention of taking a run at signing free-agent OG Evan Mathis.

I wondered about that when I saw he was available.  

He's the Bills version of Grigorenko. Pushed into the big time too early, development hampered, hope that he can contribute....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.