Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I actively participate in a sports message board, spend way too much time reading about and watching sports, and use sports analogies while teaching...and even I think the guy who started this needs to re-evaluate his perspective on life.

I have no problem using sports as an interest/hobby to pass the time. It's Vlad's take below that I think is the crux of the stupidity.

Something is beautiful about fans trying to raise money for their billionaire owner haha.

Ignorance is bliss

All the articles from the pizza place are no longer available.

To Lindy's credit and a bunch of posters....they said send it to charity. But yeah, both cases are a bit over the top.

It was refreshing to see Mr. Poopy Pants, I mean Ink, being Ink even back then.

Many other posters in that thread I don't recognize.

Boyes is in there and he was professing his liking of Cy Hgns back in 2007.

Your point is taken, but I hate Boston fans enough to make an argument that what they're doing is much worse. Ruff made a few million dollars per year, and his net worth is measured by millions. The Patriots make hundreds of millions per year (in revenue...who knows what their actual profit is) and their net worth is measured in billions. The Boston gofundme is an order of magnitude dumber.

Your point is taken, but I hate Boston fans enough to make an argument that what they're doing is much worse. Ruff made a few million dollars per year, and his net worth is measured by millions. The Patriots make hundreds of millions per year (in revenue...who knows what their actual profit is) and their net worth is measured in billions. The Boston gofundme is an order of magnitude dumber.

Sabres season ticket holders just spent $80 million the past 2 seasons on a team who openly marketed the fact that they wanted to finish in last place, while not being able to give their tickets away for free many nights.

I think thanking ol' Bobby with an obvious social media attempt at fame that probably won't come anywhere close to the total, in thanks for a decade of championship sports, isn't the worst thing in the world.

Sabres season ticket holders just spent $80 million the past 2 seasons on a team who openly marketed the fact that they wanted to finish in last place, while not being able to give their tickets away for free many nights.

I think thanking ol' Bobby with an obvious social media attempt at fame that probably won't come anywhere close to the total, in thanks for a decade of championship sports, isn't the worst thing in the world.

That is squarely on the fans and the fans only. Perhaps the Sabres gambled on the loyalty and intelligence of their fan base to understand that rebuilding from scratch and securing top picks in consecutive drafts was a strategy they could get behind. Given the number of tickets sold, I'd say they were right. Given the number of renewals at increased ticket prices, I'd say that fan base has voted solidly in their favor. 

GO SABRES!!!

That is squarely on the fans and the fans only. Perhaps the Sabres gambled on the loyalty and intelligence of their fan base to understand that rebuilding from scratch and securing top picks in consecutive drafts was a strategy they could get behind. Given the number of tickets sold, I'd say they were right. Given the number of renewals at increased ticket prices, I'd say that fan base has voted solidly in their favor.

GO SABRES!!!

Yes they have....yes they have......

And it's squarely on the fans of the Patriots to contribute money to an owner that has brought them rings, trophies, and a reason to order 2 buckets of wings and a pony keg for pretty much every weekend in January and into February since he got there.

I agree the idea is cheeseball.....but Buffalo fans calling them out for it is like Marcel Dareus looking at Vince Wilfork and going, "pffft....look how fat that guy is"......

Yes they have....yes they have......

And it's squarely on the fans of the Patriots to contribute money to an owner that has brought them rings, trophies, and a reason to order 2 buckets of wings and a pony keg for pretty much every weekend in January and into February since he got there.

I agree the idea is cheeseball.....but Buffalo fans calling them out for it is like Marcel Dareus looking at Vince Wilfork and going, "pffft....look how fat that guy is"......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.