Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

IF they lose out it's more likely they'd move up to somewhere between 9-11. But I doubt they lose all three.

I see no benefit to winning games from here on out. They've played 13 games so there's not much left to learn about this group. I don't care about a team that "rallies" after they already screwed the pooch on their playoff chances, and I don't believe much in "momentum," let alone momentum translating from one playoff-less season to the start of the next.

I agree 100% with the last few lines but I want them to win out for the following reasons;

1) The fans like me who enjoy winning and can't root for a loss

2) Potential free agents who may be more inclined to sign with a team that just missed out rather then a 6-10 team.

3) I hate the Jets with a passion. Anyone that attends UB, is a football fan and has had to endure NY fans can relate.

The only qualifier, I would vote lose all three if it meant a complete housecleaning and a guarantee that the second coming of Bill Belichek and Tom Brady would be taking over. Since I would have a better chance of winning the lottery twice, I will go with 9-7.

IF they lose out it's more likely they'd move up to somewhere between 9-11. But I doubt they lose all three.

I see no benefit to winning games from here on out. They've played 13 games so there's not much left to learn about this group. I don't care about a team that "rallies" after they already screwed the pooch on their playoff chances, and I don't believe much in "momentum," let alone momentum translating from one playoff-less season to the start of the next.

We've seen the bolded many times.  They could lose all three, but historical precedent calls for a "rally" that we can use as part of whatever next year's marketing blitz will be after yet another (16 and counting) failure.  I wasn't advocating that they lose all 3, I'm just saying they could with the way they're playing vs how their upcoming opponents have been playing.

I agree 100% with the last few lines but I want them to win out for the following reasons;

2) Potential free agents who may be more inclined to sign with a team that just missed out rather then a 6-10 team.

3) I hate the Jets with a passion. Anyone that attends UB, is a football fan and has had to endure NY fans can relate.

The only qualifier, I would vote lose all three if it meant a complete housecleaning and a guarantee that the second coming of Bill Belichek and Tom Brady would be taking over. Since I would have a better chance of winning the lottery twice, I will go with 9-7.

Can't disagree with any of what you're saying. I nearly don't care about where they draft because I think the difference will be marginal and they may not have an impact anyways. Although, to Whaley's credit, the draft hasn't been much of an issue for him.

I don't think much is going to change for this team over the next few years. I don't believe, if it ever happens, a winning Bills team will have many (if any) of the current players playing key roles. We're a ways off with the needle pointing down while riding on the small chance Tyrod becomes a real star.

Can't disagree with any of what you're saying. I nearly don't care about where they draft because I think the difference will be marginal and they may not have an impact anyways. Although, to Whaley's credit, the draft hasn't been much of an issue for him.

I don't think much is going to change for this team over the next few years. I don't believe, if it ever happens, a winning Bills team will have many (if any) of the current players playing key roles. We're a ways off with the needle pointing down while riding on the small chance Tyrod becomes a real star.

Disagree on the way off part if, and we both agree its a long shot, TT develops into Russell Wilson. Problem is there is really no real way of knowing. For every Big Ben that continues to progress there are 100 Dennis Shaw/ RG III/ Kapernick et al that can't make that next progression. It is why I'm all for exploring all options while hoping that TT is one of those few,

As an aside, I'd like you to revisit your QB evaluation for all 30 teams with only 4 grades;

1) No question we are set

2) Questions but we feel good

3) Too early to tell

4) We are in trouble

I feel like there's a legitimate question on whether Tyrod fits in 3 or 4, but since I can't say defintively I think it's obvious he fits in 3.

Category 1:

Patriots (Brady)

Steelers (Big Ben)

Seahawks (Wilson)

Chargers (Rivers)

Packers (Rodgers)

Cardinals (Palmer)

Falcons (Ryan) - this year is an exception but I think they're fine long-term

Giants (Eli)

Panthers (Cam)

Colts (Luck)

Ravens (Flacco)

Lions (Stafford)

Category 2:

Bengals (Dalton)

Jaguars (Bortles)

Raiders (Carr)

Dolphins (Tannehill)

Titans (Mariota)

Buccaneers (Winston)

Cowboys (Romo)

Category 3:

Bills (Tyrod)

Vikings (Bridgewater)

Snyders (Cousins)

Eagles (Bradford)

Category 4:

Saints (Brees' contract) - only because he may be moved

Jets (Fitz)

Browns (Manziel)

Texans (Hoyer)

Broncos (Manning/Oswiler)

Chiefs (Smith)

Beard (Cutler)

Rams (Foles)

49ers (Gabbert)

No particular order.

Disagree on the way off part if, and we both agree its a long shot, TT develops into Russell Wilson. Problem is there is really no real way of knowing. For every Big Ben that continues to progress there are 100 Dennis Shaw/ RG III/ Kapernick et al that can't make that next progression. It is why I'm all for exploring all options while hoping that TT is one of those few,

As an aside, I'd like you to revisit your QB evaluation for all 30 teams with only 4 grades;

3) Too early to tell

4) We are in trouble

I had a thought the other day: the college football system where teams essentially play a bunch of warm-up games before getting to a last few games against competitive opponents is detrimental to QB development. I'll hang up and listen (mostly because I really don't follow college football and I'd like to know if I'm off base).

I was thinking about this earlier and I think the Bills have a good chance to lose all 3.  Two of the teams are clearly playing better than them and Dallas is playing about the same.  I also think the Bills have entered the stretch of the season when reality sets in and many guys that are injured will just pack it in and try to be healthy for next year (Gilmore, Clay, A. Williams, Karlos Williams, etc.)  

(Side note: You know you have too many Williams' on the team when K. Williams doesn't even narrow it down to one player  :w00t: )

I forget who, but there's a quote from some famous coach about teams with lots of injuries.... something along the lines of... the better players are athletic enough to avoid injuries.   If you get injured alot, you're just not good enough to play at the NFL level.   Yeah some of those guys look like studs when they're healthy, but what's the point if they get injured on a routine play (tackling, running, etc..).    The play by Gilmore was a shoulder tackle.   If he gets hurt doing that, why is he playing the game?  He'll never play a full season.   Kinda like Goodwin.    These guys are just brittle. 

Edited by pi2000

3) Too early to tell

4(a)) Meh. We could probably do better.

4(b)) We are in trouble

Category 1:

Lions (Stafford)

Bengals (Dalton)

Category 2:

Bengals (Dalton)

Lions (Stafford)

Dolphins (Tannehill)

Category 4a: 

Chiefs (Smith)

Dolphins (Tannehill)

Category 4b:

Chiefs (Smith)

Sorry to monkey around with 4 distinct groups. I feel like there's a difference between a serviceable placeholder guy (Cousins probably goes here next year) and a guy who is clearly not an answer. Or maybe there is not?

Edited by That Aud Smell

Sorry to monkey around with 4 distinct groups. I feel like there's a difference between a serviceable placeholder guy (Cousins probably goes here next year) and a guy who is clearly not an answer. Or maybe there is not?

Putting Tannehill in Hoss' 4th group, you're just trying to stir some now, aren't you?  :lol:

I want them to win out. I want to find out if it's possible for someone to coach the Bills to 9-7 and actually be around the following season.

Because there's only four groups I had to put Tannehill in 2. I considered 3 and 4. But it's not too early anymore and I take "we're in trouble" as "there's a small chance we've got out guy but smart money is on making a move immediately." He doesn't fit in 2 but that's the closest category for him.

Putting Tannehill in Hoss' 4th group, you're just trying to stir some ###### now, aren't you?  :lol:

I thought about that after the fact. But, really. It was my honest take. 

Because there's only four groups I had to put Tannehill in 2. I considered 3 and 4. But it's not too early anymore and I take "we're in trouble" as "there's a small chance we've got out guy but smart money is on making a move immediately." He doesn't fit in 2 but that's the closest category for him.

This is fair. Exercises like this are tough ones. It's fine to say there are "questions" with Tannehill and say he's low in the cohort and may be verging into Group 4. 

This is fair. Exercises like this are tough ones. It's fine to say there are "questions" with Tannehill and say he's low in the cohort and may be verging into Group 4.

He's got one foot in two and one in four, holding Stephen Ross' hand. Ross looks over to catch Tannehill's eye only to see a reflection of the beautiful quarterbacks in category one having all the fun. A single tear shed from Ross' eye. Bills fans rejoice while not even pondering what it's like to have any type of quarterback in any category.

Edited by Hoss

You know how this is going to go.  Buffalo rolls off two straight, those ahead falter a bit to crack the playoff door open.  Then Buffalo loses to the Jets at home.

Book it..  I've seen it...

I'm going with the alternate ending, where Buffalo wins big this week, loses in heartbreaking fashion to the Cowboys eliminating the Bills from the playoffs. They then steam roll the Jets, who still manage to make the play-offs and go to the conference championship. At this point everyone in Buffalo screams how it could have been our year if not for Jacksonville.

Edited by MattPie

He's got one foot in two and one in four, holding Stephen Ross' hand. Ross looks over to catch Tannehill's eye only to see a reflection of the beautiful quarterbacks in category one having all the fun. A single tear shed from Ross' eye. Bills fans rejoice while not even pondering what it's like to have any type of quarterback in any category.

poetry.

You know how this is going to go.  Buffalo rolls off two straight, those ahead falter a bit to crack the playoff door open.  Then Buffalo loses to the Jets at home.

Book it..  I've seen it...  

Oh, man. Awful.

I'm going with the alternate ending, where Buffalo wins big this week, loses in heartbreaking fashion to the Cowboys eliminating the Bills from the playoffs. They then steam roll the Jets, who still manage to make the play-offs and go to the conference championship. At this point everyone in Buffalo screams how it could have been our year if not for Jacksonville.

Oh, man. Awfuler.

Yeah that works equally well

You know how this is going to go. Buffalo rolls off two straight, those ahead falter a bit to crack the playoff door open. Then Buffalo loses to the Jets at home.

Book it.. I've seen it...

Seems like yesterday the Bills blew the chance to make the playoffs against the Steelers. It was a meaningless game for Pitt. Limited play time for their starters. All Buffalo had to do was win. And the game was at home! And what does Bledsoe do? Choke. History tends to repeat itself....

You guys are giving this team too much credit.  Washington is playing well and is 5-2 at home.  Bills lose fairly big this week as the "give up factor" further kicks in for your 2015 Buffalo Bills.

Sounds right.  This is a "run for the bus" kinda team.

This could happen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.