GDT:Islanders at Sabres 12-27-2014 7PM

Brawndo

He speaks like a man who has seen some things. That interview just now really caught my attention. There's an interesting relief in his voice, like he's happy to be playing with teammates who care.

I think Drew is a looking glass. How Drew feels is how the team feels. Maybe I've been looking at him wrong all these years.

Yeah, that interview, initially struck me as odd, but not in a bad way. Not that I want Stafford re-signed, but his demeanor was not what I have come to expect from Drew. His voice was different, he was really, genuinely happy, and upbeat, but candid all the same. I don't know what to make of it and this interpretation is as good as any.

I've enjoyed watching Brad May come around on this team. He didn't seem to happy to be watching the Sabres lose and it seemed to hurt him. He's excited. That's exciting. I value the opinions of a guy like May because he doesn't strike me as someone who is easily pleased.

Again, you're picking up on the same things I am. I like May, he's different, and clearly a guy with a lot of "compete" left in him, even if it's vicariously through the Sabres. The transition from the beginning of the season to now is noticeable in his commentary and attitude. Between him and Stafford, there has to be something going on inside the organization and these guys are giving us the vibe of it.

Frankly, I'm glad the guys we've got are developing. If they weren't, and we were bad enough to have the worst record in the league, adding the #1 pick wouldn't make that bunch much better. You guys might be worried about the "Ninth Place Treadmill" but I'd be much more worried about the "Edmonton Treadmill."

Down 3-0 and they fight back and get two points out of it? Against a team having a really good year thus far? That's some encouraging ###### right there.

Edited by TheMatrix31

Frankly, I'm glad the guys we've got are developing. If they weren't, and we were bad enough to have the worst record in the league, adding the #1 pick wouldn't make that bunch much better. You guys might be worried about the "Ninth Place Treadmill" but I'd be much more worried about the "Edmonton Treadmill."

Down 3-0 and they fight back and get two points out of it? Against a team having a really good year thus far? That's some encouraging ###### right there.

I agree.

He plays the Chris Stewart game well and perhaps more consistently. He's the kind of player this team needs for its soul.

The goal was a nice play but he will get those every ten games or so. The pass that sent away Girgs on a breakaway was a skill play. That was very good. I think he's always a 4th line guy, but I love his game.

The goal was a nice play but he will get those every ten games or so. The pass that sent away Girgs on a breakaway was a skill play. That was very good. I think he's always a 4th line guy, but I love his game.

You're on the wrong board dude. If you're talking about Girgs and saying he's a 4th line guy you are way, way off.

I bet Drew Stafford gets signed again

was thinking the same thing. He's kind of found a niche as a playmaker vice scorer

Worst case is the proverbial 9th place in the conference, not being in the middle seeing as we still get a top 10 pick. In some ways we have pulled off in 1 year what Edmonton has been trying to accomplish in 7; a hard working team that facilitates the entry of young skilled players. We may have bottomed out a year early, but it is a good sign we aren't still as bad in regards to player development.

I don't get how Edm gets four consecutive first overall picks but still socks so bad. Maybe they get number one again next year.

Bottom ten teams have always, and will always, get the backup goalies. Just like we will give our backup goalies to the bottom teams when we're a good team. And even now, if we had a clear starter/backup. That's how it goes. Of course we do better against them, they're worse. It's not as if it's an unexpected, overlooked part of a tank. You can't be in competition for last and not face a big amount of backup goalies. Don't see the issue one way or another.

true he is a back-up but most nights you need to beat a team not just a goalie. Sabres beat the Isles with determination. Isles gave up after that momentum shift. What tank.

That game was awesomely awful. I don't know what our Corsi or GlennClose numbers were, but they had to be terrible. I'm pretty sure that they only time the Sabres had possession were on the three plays they scored a goal.

Don't worry, I'm sure someone out there is going to confuse the result with the actual product.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.