GDT:Islanders at Sabres 12-27-2014 7PM

Brawndo

They had no choice but to trade Miller, Ott, and Moulson. That was going to happen tank or no tank. My point is more that DR is 100% in on the tank. When he was fired and new blood was brought in trying to sell Murray and Nolan on the idea wasn't so easy.

Murray toes the company line and tries to say the right things but these guys have pride and a competitive nature. Loosing on purpose is easier said than done. Murray told us this past summer that the tank was over. Personally i am fine with it but we have a LONG ways to go before Murray can hang his hat on anything.

I'm ok with everything except your first sentence. Retaining Miller and Ott were options, and weren't frivolous options, either. Moulson, too, very obviously. Murray went for that first or second overall pick.

I'm ok with everything except your first sentence. Retaining Miller and Ott were options, and weren't frivolous options, either. Moulson, too, very obviously. Murray went for that first or second overall pick.

I think Ott was an option but not Miller. He made it more than clear he wanted a fresh start.

I do agree though that when Murray got here they were so deep into the tank that he had no choice but to go for the top pick.

Then going into this year he pretty much had a free pass. If we suck oh well because we wanted McEichle anyhow. If we play better than expected then that is good also. Not a bad way to walk into your first GM gig.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.