Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

It would be nice to see Arizona and Carolina create some separation between us. But Carolina when both Staal's are back will be a much better team. Arizona if they don't play hard as a team every night they don't stand a chance. I would be totally upset if McDavid went to Carolina. It would be a total waste of a great player in a place where they don't know and care a lot about hockey.

Current standings through games played 10/23.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Buffalo 8 7 1 0 14

Carolina 6 4 0 2 10

Edmonton 7 4 2 1 9

Winnipeg 6 4 2 0 8

Calgary 9 3 5 1 7

Arizona 6 3 2 1 7

Florida 6 2 2 2 6

NY I 7 2 5 0 4

A true 5 bag don't miss (but don't let the kids watch, some things are too nasty for impressionable eyes to witness) game is on the schedule tonight as the Candy Canes head out to face the Eulers. Sabres fans everywhere should be pulling for a shootout in this one. Judging by last night's action, that could be the only way the injury-depleted Canes get forced off the schneid.

Losipeg hosts the Bolts in the only other contest featuring a CHL squad. The Jest will need a little game to try to keep pace w/ the CHL leaders.

I really really really want to take that logo and build a dedicated page to the CHL linked up to the SODA feed from xml team with the standings and stats and stuff.

I need to catch the flu so I can have time. It wouldn't be hard to build and it would be super fun. Maybe some way to integrate it in here.

http://www.carrionhockeyleague.com/ is unregistered. so there's that...

It would be nice to see Arizona and Carolina create some separation between us. But Carolina when both Staal's are back will be a much better team. Arizona if they don't play hard as a team every night they don't stand a chance. I would be totally upset if McDavid went to Carolina. It would be a total waste of a great player in a place where they don't know and care a lot about hockey.

Arizona has already created some separation...

Tonight should be a big one...

Tampa Bay at WINNIPEG

And...

CAROLINA AT EDMONTON.

Plus Vancouver at Colorado. We'll see if Colorado really wants in.

Carolina needs an OT/SO Loss tonight

The team that's really surprising to me right now is Calgary--they're simply nowhere near as competitive as I thought they'd be. Maybe they'll pick up the pace, but they could be a classic example of "too little too late" a la the Sabres of a couple years ago.

Not every team can with stand the rigors of the CHL

The team that's really surprising to me right now is Calgary--they're simply nowhere near as competitive as I thought they'd be. Maybe they'll pick up the pace, but they could be a classic example of "too little too late" a la the Sabres of a couple years ago.

That's true. They have a much better goaltender this year so therefore the shoddy goaltending has greatly added to their demise.