Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

No, our greatest hope is that Good Guy Tavares visits some sick people at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital on their next trip to Dallas.

(Am I going to Hell? I'm pretty sure I am. At least Ghost will also be there to keep me company.)

I'm reasonably certain the the version of this board available to the resident's of Hell a century from now will be virtually indistinguishable from it's current incarnation.

Current standings through games played 10/21.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Buffalo 6 5 1 0 10

Edmonton 6 4 1 1 9

Winnipeg 6 4 2 0 8

Carolina 5 3 0 2 8

Calgary 8 3 4 1 7

Florida 6 2 2 2 6

Arizona 5 2 2 1 5

NY I 6 2 4 0 4

Woo hoo! Just about all teams not wearing b&g were active tonight but nobody moved up/down in the standings. Gotta love it when they make it easy. ;)

Only 6 games in and TSN is already featuring an article about the Sabres tanking :lol:

With those expectations [McDavid's], it's no wonder Sabres fans have their focus on McDavid instead of the likes of Cody Hodgson, Chris Stewart and off-season additions like Matt Moulson, Josh Gorges and Brian Gionta.

"Do you want to win? Do you want to have a draft pick? If you want to get a chance to get Connor McDavid, you're going to have to finish real low in the standings," [Jay] McKee said. "I understand the fans and their desire and for having Connor — they should have that desire. It's just a tough situation. You don't want your home team to lose, but you do want a good draft pick."

"Whenever the Sabres lose, my Twitter just kind of blows up with fans kind of talking about me and stuff like that," McDavid said

http://www.tsn.ca/sa...cdavid-1.113118

Separate article on how bad we are:

"Statistically Speaking: Sabres are getting crushed"

How bad are the Sabres? Through three games, they are sitting at a league-worst 34.0% Corsi (31.7% in close game situations). Last season, when the Sabres were clearly the worst team in the league, they had possession numbers in the 41.0% range during 5-on-5 close situations

It's a little old, but either way here it is.

http://www.tsn.ca/statistically-speaking-sabres-are-getting-crushed-1.106523

Edited by WildCard

Eulers score 2 in 2nd to go up 3-2 at the end of 2.

Sabres look like a hockey team for ~14 minutes in the 1st but come out of it down 0-1.

+ the Phlyers reconsider whether to submit their CHL application tonight; 5-3 final over Pens.

If these all hold, it's a good night for CHL dominance.

Eulers score 2 in 2nd to go up 3-2 at the end of 2.

Sabres look like a hockey team for ~14 minutes in the 1st but come out of it down 0-1.

+ the Phlyers reconsider whether to submit their CHL application tonight; 5-3 final over Pens.

If these all hold, it's a good night for CHL dominance.

Good night in the Carrion for Buffalo, starting to get some separation.

Good night in the Carrion for Buffalo, starting to get some separation.

Awesome to see that Buffalo is finally putting some space between them and everyone else. I think they will have a pretty commanding lead here after their next couple games.

Current standings through games played 10/22.

Buffalo 7 6 1 0 12

Edmonton 7 4 2 1 9

Winnipeg 6 4 2 0 8

Carolina 5 3 0 2 8

Calgary 8 3 4 1 7

Florida 6 2 2 2 6

Arizona 5 2 2 1 5

NY I 6 2 4 0 4

5 teams active tonight including Carolina at Calgary.

Edited by Taro T

Current standings through games played 10/22.

Buffalo 7 6 1 0 12

Edmonton 7 4 2 1 9

Winnipeg 6 4 2 0 8

Carolina 5 3 0 2 8

Calgary 8 3 4 1 7

Florida 6 2 2 2 6

Arizona 5 2 2 1 5

NY I 6 2 4 0 4

5 teams active tonight including Carolina at Calgary.

This would be a fantastic time for a Carrion League Classic 1-point game.

Canadian mainstream / national news has picked up the Sabres tank story from TSN and has run with it ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...david-1.2809231

-----

Shout out to Wildcard for the first link to the story.

----

Sabres are starting to pull away in the CHL.

Only downside of last night's game was that they scored a goal.

I am enjoying this thread. It's fun, but I hate that the Sabres stink.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

Canadian mainstream / national news has picked up the Sabres tank story from TSN and has run with it ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...david-1.2809231

-----

Shout out to Wildcard for the first link to the story.

----

Sabres are starting to pull away in the CHL.

Only downside of last night's game was that they scored a goal.

I am enjoying this thread. It's fun, but I hate that the Sabres stink.

:thumbsup:

No plans to resurect this thread next year. The Sabres won't be this horrifically bad and I want to see them at least in the hunt for the playoffs. No McEichel on the horizon either to be awarded along w/ the trophy. But until then, tank on Ted, tank on Tim.

:thumbsup:

No plans to resurect this thread next year. The Sabres won't be this horrifically bad and I want to see them at least in the hunt for the playoffs. No McEichel on the horizon either to be awarded along w/ the trophy. But until then, tank on Ted, tank on Tim.

What about Austin Matthews, top pick in the 2016 Draft? Just kidding of course. The tank officially retires on June 26th, 2015.

The next five years should be fun to watch, with Tampa Bay, Florida(Quebec), NYI and the Sabres as the up and coming teams in the Eastern Conference.

What about Austin Matthews, top pick in the 2016 Draft? Just kidding of course. The tank officially retires on June 26th, 2015.

The next five years should be fun to watch, with Tampa Bay, Florida(Quebec), NYI and the Sabres as the up and coming teams in the Eastern Conference.

He did match Eichel point for point in their matchup this past weekend. The future of USA hockey is bright.