Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Tonight should be a big one...

Tampa Bay at WINNIPEG

And...

CAROLINA AT EDMONTON.

Plus Vancouver at Colorado. We'll see if Colorado really wants in.

If I were Teddy, I'd TiVo this one and later sit down with our team captains tomorrow to review how big games are won.

I have the CAR-EDMgame on. Early in the 3rd, 2-2. Edmonton scores on a blown slashing non-call (and Carolina takes a 2-min unsportsmanlike when the coach refuses to put players out afterwards), but the carrion gods set it right and it's 3-3 now, 11:30 left in regulation.

Edited by MattPie

Edmonton's jerseys are pretty.

Leon Draisaitl with his first NHL goal to make a 4-3. The Canes defense left him all alone right in front of the net. I think Khudobin thought he had the puck covered up.

5-3 Edmonton. Carolina isn't ###### around. This league is theirs.

Edmonton's jerseys are pretty.

Leon Draisaitl with his first NHL goal to make a 4-3. The Canes defense left him all alone right in front of the net. I think Khudobin thought he had the puck covered up.

5-3 Edmonton. Carolina isn't ###### around. This league is theirs.

They're making it look good, pulling the goalie with 2 minutes left to give up an ENG and make sure the differential is good too.

Carolina loses 6-3 and moves to 4-0-2 in the Carrion league...

Two losses to the Islanders, a loss to the Sabres, Jets, Flames and Oilers. They're playing the worst of the worst (I know Calgary has been good, but I'm skeptical) and still getting blown out.

Carolina loses 6-3 and moves to 4-0-2 in the Carrion league...

Two losses to the Islanders, a loss to the Sabres, Jets, Flames and Oilers. They're playing the worst of the worst (I know Calgary has been good, but I'm skeptical) and still getting blown out.

Ugh. :(

Edited by Robviously

For some reason everytime there is a post here I'm getting an email and its no fun, the link won't let me ubsuscribe, any help?

F the canes

Can't unsubscribe from mobile unless you go to the bottom and hit 'use full version.' Otherwise you'll have to do it from a computer.

Giving up eleven goals in two games to fellow CHL Teams ? I don't think the return of the Staal's is going to help this.

This going to be a marketing disaster for the NHL when one of two of their next generational talents is playing in the Hockey Abyss known as Carolina.

Current standings through games played 10/24.

Team ----- GP - L - W - OT - PTS

Buffalo 8 7 1 0 14

Carolina 7 5 0 2 12

Winnipeg 7 5 2 0 10

Edmonton 8 4 3 1 9

Calgary 9 3 5 1 7

Arizona 6 3 2 1 7

Florida 6 2 2 2 6

NY I 7 2 5 0 4

5 teams playing tonight; just 1 all CHL matchup - the Swamp Cats at the Desert Dogs. Though usually when cats and dogs battle it is epic, this is only a 2-1/2 bag matchup.

Should be another night the Sabres get a little space from the competition.

Giving up eleven goals in two games to fellow CHL Teams ? I don't think the return of the Staal's is going to help this.

This going to be a marketing disaster for the NHL when one of two of their next generational talents is playing in the Hockey Abyss known as Carolina.

If we finish 1st and them 2nd,I'd almost rather have some other team win the lottery just so neither of them go to Carolina.

That makes absolutely no sense. Then again this is the NHL we are talking about so you are exactly right.

You think the league doesn't want McDavid in some non-hockey market to sell the game to the unwashed masses?

Edited by PASabreFan

You think the league doesn't want McDavid in some non-hockey market to sell the game to the unwashed masses?

You think Terry can't buy the lottery? Come on PA, step your game up. You're better than that.

It would not surprise me if that was their goal. But from a long term prespective it makes little sense. Having the next superstar in Carolina would result in an increase in attendance and fan interest, but would not have the same effect as if LeBron James decided to sign with Charlotte Bobcats in terms of sponsorship revenue. If McDavid is in a Canadian Market or playing for a team close to Canada, the values of those sponsorship deals increase immensely in terms of overall dollars to the NHL.

Edited by BRAWNDO