Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Jeremy White posted a tweet having an idea of a website very similar to the CHL. I responded by telling him about this thread and invited him to check it out. He asked if the standings where updated daily (Yes) and if it was possible to get a direct link to updated standings. A short time later the Sabre Space mentioned on their twitter feed to us "we can do this for you I bet".

I wish I could get automatic updates pushed directly to my iPhone. A dedicated app would be great, with notifications and a widget.

I wish I could get automatic updates pushed directly to my iPhone. A dedicated app would be great, with notifications and a widget.

Can't help you w/ that but around the mid-point of the season I'll add what everybody's maximum potential remaining points are and how many points are required to lockup the title. (Except for the leader, the 2nd column will necessarily be greater than the 1st one.)

Can't help you w/ that but around the mid-point of the season I'll add what everybody's maximum potential remaining points are and how many points are required to lockup the title. (Except for the leader, the 2nd column will necessarily be greater than the 1st one.)

Will we need a CHL word for Magic Number?

No, no, no.

Boyes, you've got it all wrong.

"Oh, Joy. Oh, Bliss Number" is where it's at, man.

Perhaps "the McEichel horizon" - the point at which a team's submediocrity can no longer be overcome. Similar to the event horizon which even light can't escape.

No, no, no.

Boyes, you've got it all wrong.

"Oh, Joy. Oh, Bliss Number" is where it's at, man.

Yes I forgot that this was the CHL thread and not the other ones where we actually root for our team to win (kinda).

The positive spin is much better since that is the ultimate goal. The 'McEichel number' will do just fine. Although I like the event horizon angle.

Perhaps "the McEichel horizon" - the point at which a team's submediocrity can no longer be overcome. Similar to the event horizon which even light can't escape.

So we're about to enter hell?

Edited by WildCard

So we're about to enter hell?

We're there already.

IF (ok, who are we kidding, when) the Sabres cross the McEichel Horizon time and space may no longer follow Newtonian and quantum physics as we currently know. Recovery/rejoining the NHL could be much quicker as the Sabres travel through ac weasel Bettman hole back to respectability.

We're there already.

IF (ok, who are we kidding, when) the Sabres cross the McEichel Horizon time and space may no longer follow Newtonian and quantum physics as we currently know. Recovery/rejoining the NHL could be much quicker as the Sabres travel through ac weasel Bettman hole back to respectability.

That's what we're paying Ted Black for right? Or is the Joe Battista's job?

Well, I could have gone without "Bettman" and "hole" appearing back to back.

You've got a nasty dirty mind. :P

It was more of a comparison of a wormhole to a weaselhole. Think a habitrail for league execs rather than one of your recent summer adventures. ;)

These are awesome.

I am remembering correctly that it was you that did the big breakdown on the current Sabres logo, right?

I don't remember. I have the flu. I remember criticizing the hell out of the current logo.