Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Another thing to consider - Sydney Crosby is a "generational talent." How many Cups has he brought to Pittsburgh? One (plus another Finals appearance). Over that same 9 year period, 5 Cups were won by two teams - Chicago and L.A., both of which are built more on the ensemble cast model. Ovechkin is the other player that is in the generational talent conversation; he has zero Cups.

Of course we want McEichel but that doesn't guarantee a Cup.

Pittsburgh's lack of cups probably has more to do with Fluery than anything else.

Though it hurt the championship chances picking up 3 of the last 4 available points, if the pp is as bad as it had been through the 1st 68 games, they're sitting 6 up on the Desert Dogs rather than just 3.

Simply having the powerplay regress, not even having Lindback fall back to a 0.91-0.92 range, would get this cart back on track. Have to stop getting deflected goals on the pp.

And though Lindback playing back to back looks like playing the hot hand, and it in all probability was; a contrarian could suggest that he played against a previously hot Baah-stan squad to get lit up and knocked off his confidence a bit. Maybe Teddy really is on board with the McEichel charge. ;)

Who even cares? They get to watch Crosby and Malkin all the time!

I agree that getting a superstar to watch for a decade is extremely desirable for me. We'd have to make sure not to be as spoiled as Pit though, because a good chunk of the fans (at least on HF boards and the like) are ready to trade Sid and blow up the whole team :P 

I agree that getting a superstar to watch for a decade is extremely desirable for me. We'd have to make sure not to be as spoiled as Pit though, because a good chunk of the fans (at least on HF boards and the like) are ready to trade Sid and blow up the whole team :P

If I were Pittsburgh, a couple years ago I would have traded Malkin and freed up cap space and acquired some young valuable assets to help keep Crosby going.  

That's because fans are knee-jerky, panicky, and stupid. 

Aside from us, of course :p

I would rather have either as well. My point is that we want a Cup. Murry's job is to build a team that gets us a Cup. The only thing that getting one of those two does, is make his job a tinier bit easier after he gets them, maybe. Either way his job is to get a Cup and I don't think we're doomed if we end up 29th.

This is the CHL thread so I'll lay it out why you're wrong, again.

Of course the goal this season is to finish DFL/McEichel. So what? The goal for every other season was a Stanley Cup and nobody ever promised us that either. In other words 2006 was a huge disappointment, but it can hardly be characterized as a complete failure or waste of a season.

A true and complete failure when setting out to tank would be ending up with the tenth pick with a team that had zero chance of going to the playoffs regardless. You know like the movie we've seen all too often already as Sabres fans.

We may not end up adding a generational talent in the draft this year, which would be disappointing, but we are in position to add another elite talent to the one we acquired last year due to tanking.

So, you tell me I'm wrong and then agree with me? 

It may not pertain you, but there are plenty of people who are going to have complete meltdowns, give up on the Sabres, beat their dogs,... if the Sabres don't finish last.

So, you tell me I'm wrong and then agree with me?

It may not pertain you, but there are plenty of people who are going to have complete meltdowns, give up on the Sabres, beat their dogs,... if the Sabres don't finish last.

There undoubtedly will be, and they're wrong too. When I read your post I took it to mean you too think that its always been about McEichel or bust even though I know you don't agree with the concept.

Though it hurt the championship chances picking up 3 of the last 4 available points, if the pp is as bad as it had been through the 1st 68 games, they're sitting 6 up on the Desert Dogs rather than just 3.

I blame Nolan for not sticking with the plan and keeping Larsson of the ice.  :P

I thought the CHL was a start up league this year.

:flirt:

There's always a CHL. And for the most part, there's usually a team that's nearly as bad as Buffalo is this year. The Sabres haven't really been in it since the early 2000s, though save for the last two seasons.

A fair point.

It's good to see reasonable minds getting together to brace themselves for a 29th place finish and 3rd overall pick.

One thing I keep laughing about, just the idea of it (as unlikely as it may be): A 29th place finish followed by a lottery victory.

I hate to have to ask: Would he qualify for that assignment?

Reinhart will likely be assigned to Rochester this season.... or maybe even the Sabres bring him up after Kootenay's season is over which could be by the end of the month.

Edited by pi2000

Reinhart will likely be assigned to Rochester this season.... or maybe even the Sabres bring him up after Kootenay's season is over which could be by the end of the month.

Isn't there a 9 or 10 game rule for players, and he did that at the beginning of the year?

Isn't there a 9 or 10 game rule for players, and he did that at the beginning of the year?

He played 9 earlier this season. I'm not sure if that counts for the AHL or not though.

Edited by Met'yuPirog

I'm told Howard Simon on WGR had a fairly entertaining rant -- today or yesterday -- about the Sabres' chances of finishing 29th (or worse (better)).

Anyone know where I'd find it?

Here ya go..it is epic, funny, and will have you in tears.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/103418239/3-18-howard-officially-loses-it-over-the-sabres-win-against-boston.htm?

BTW, Jeremy texted out this fool is starting for the Yotes tonight

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122607

Yep, last team was ECHL.

As Howard would say...###### Nolan, this is serious now, No more Lindbach , no more Hackett, i want the worst Elmira goalie up for the the remainder of the season..looks like some dude named TRavis Fullerton. If he gives any pushback, fired on the spot. I dont hear any noise coming from Tippet, and he has more coaching credentials than Nolan.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=82983

Edited by plenzmd1

Go to the GR website and look in on demand audio...it is epic, funny, and will have you in tears.

BTW, Jeremy texted out this fool is starting for the Yotes tonight

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=122607

Yep, last team was ECHL.

As Howard would say...###### Nolan, this is serious now, No more Lindbach , no more Hackett, i want the worst Elmira goalie up for the the remainder of the season..looks like some dude named TRavis Fullerton. If he gives any pushback, fired on the spot. I dont hear any noise coming from Tippet, and he has more coaching credentials than Nolan.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=82983

I agree 100%. We are getting gamed by the 'Yotes and I can't believe Murray is OK with that. Sit the whole team down, let them know what the deal is, and go about the business of finishing last. And if Nolan doesn't like, who cares? I mean, except for the holier than thou purists who actually believe their own crap?

GO SABRES!!!

Hey guys, been reading your thoughts for the last year or so. I have to say the win against Boston was a huge mistake. Thankfully, the oilers bailed us out a little. I was just hoping that I wouldn't have to be as invested in every game as I am at this point.

After watching the game against the caps on Monday, I'm starting to see a lot of Backstrom' s style in Samson' s game. What do you guys think? Also I have been keeping up with their box scores online and Samson's point totals seem to be off. Averaging an assist a game, with most of his goals coming on the power play. Is something up or has he just lost interest in playing in the whl?

Well thanks guys for all the info. TANK ON!!!