Rochester Americans 2014-2015

spndnchz

A number of these proposals are interesting, but I'd like to see some offensive-minded reforms for 5x5 play, as opposed to reforms designed to facilitate PP scoring. I really think the biggest problem with the game today is that most offensive possessions result in scrums in front of the net, with 4 or 5 defenders trying to block shots. I'm not sure what the solution is, but I'd like to see some creative thinking and experimentation.

Separately: can any regular watcher of the Amerks provide an update on Larsson? I'm starting to think that Darcy traded Pommer for no good reason and came away with 3 prospects, 2 of whom are already washouts.

Sounds like he's doing well thus far:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/sabres-notebook-larsson-rolling-as-amerks-hit-first-niagara-20141029

Larsson will lead the Rochester Americans into First Niagara Center for an American Hockey League game against Hamilton. The 22-year-old is tied at the top of the Amerks’ scoring list with three goals and eight points in eight games.

The delay of game penalty for clearing the puck is the most frustrating rule their is to me. The Trapezoid rule is stupid and I agree with you that should be gone also. The instigator rule has caused all kinds of crap that shouldn't go on but I doubt they ever take it out.

C'mon. Where the hell are the spelling police here? Their in place of there? Really? That was not a fat finger drunken stupor typo. That was just stupid? Don't we have people that can correct that type of activity? I know there is someone who objects. Stand up. I know they are :-) here!

And this is tragic on it's own. I'm asking about the spelling police. Obviously I'm referring to the grammar police.

But then, you already knew that didn't you?

C'mon. Where the hell are the spelling police here? Their in place of there? Really? That was not a fat finger drunken stupor typo. That was just stupid? Don't we have people that can correct that type of activity? I know there is someone who objects. Stand up. I know they are :-) here!

And this is tragic on it's own. I'm asking about the spelling police. Obviously I'm referring to the grammar police.

I'm with you on that Beerme1. That was atroshus.

I've mostly given up on it with the exception of player names (although it still bothers me)... there are a few serial homonym offenders (not you) who do it so often that it would become a thread derailment if I said something every time.

I've mostly given up on it with the exception of player names (although it still bothers me)... there are a few serial homonym offenders (not you) who do it so often that it would become a thread derailment if I said something every time.

Yeah, me too. The Internet spelling battlefield is too vast. beerme, it's ok.

A buddy (former hockeyplayer who has connections too Larsson) of mine told me about a month ago that Larsson wasn't very happy with his situation in NA and that he was contemplating going back home to Sweden, I didn't take it so serious back then because I thought Larsson would be finding himself in buffalo at the season opener.

Fast forward to today when a Swedish newspaper reported that some swedish teams are now very intrested in him and have apparently been scouting him, and they have been surprised about his shown interest.

Source in Swedish: www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/shl/djurgarden/article19790791.ab

I translated the most noteworthy -"We're searching for center, and he is an interesting name. Definitely a player that we're looking at. But that he would be this intrested is more than I knew, says Stoppel (Vice GM for Djurgården in the SHL). Stoppel- There are players who ended up in a role in the back yard, which is not the role they wish to find themselves in, even in the AHL, he continues."

Edited by Dannepanne

A buddy (former hockeyplayer who has connections too Larsson) of mine told me about a month ago that Larsson wasn't very happy with his situation in NA and that he was contemplating going back home to Sweden, I didn't take it so serious back then because I thought Larsson would be finding himself in buffalo at the season opener.

Fast forward to today when a Swedish newspaper reported that some swedish teams are now very intrested in him and have apparently been scoutning him, and they have been surprised about his shown interest.

Source in Swedish: www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/shl/djurgarden/article19790791.ab

I translated the most noteworthy -"We're searching for center, and he is an interesting name. Definitely a player that we're looking at. But that he would be this intrested is more than I knew, says Stoppel (Vice GM for Djurgården in the SHL). Stoppel- There are players who ended up in a role in the back yard, which is not the role they wish to find themselves in, even in the AHL, he continues."

Interesting stuff. I think Larsson is paying his AHL dues and should make his way to the team this year, or next year out of camp. He can fill a bottom six role so he makes sense as a callup (as does schaller). But yea, if larsson is assigned to rochester next year, we may see some drama

Interesting stuff. I think Larsson is paying his AHL dues and should make his way to the team this year, or next year out of camp. He can fill a bottom six role so he makes sense as a callup (as does schaller). But yea, if larsson is assigned to rochester next year, we may see some drama

Perhaps the most important thing to take from that article is that Djurgården is a playoff contender searching for a center to solidify their middle before playoff time, and Larsson was apparantly intrested in that opportunity. So drama may come earlier!

Perhaps the most important thing to take from that article is that Djurgården is a playoff contender searching for a center to solidify their middle before playoff time, and Larsson was apparantly intrested in that opportunity. So drama may come earlier!

I thought all this BS was debunked already. He's ain't going nowheres.

I thought all this BS was debunked already. He's ain't going nowheres.

Had to look it up.

Kid isn't going to the SHL. No way and no how. The KHL might be a worry; the SHL is not.

They blew pretty hard tonight. Grigorenko made a few good plays but Armia looked like a spoiled brat at times. I wasn't impressed. He is still trying to force his way through players and losing the puck. He had his moments I suppose.

McCabe did not impress me. He had a few moments but I saw some bad reads on his part tonight.

Pysyk just plays his game. You don't even notice him on the ice.

Overall, the Amerks looked pretty crappy. Albeit the Comets are the top team in the AHL but I expected more from the Amerks. All in all it was a pretty boring game tonight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.