1st Round pick #2 Sam Reinhart

spndnchz

I think Reinhart was the right pick for this team. I would have been okay with Bennett, but was concerned with what I read about his reckless play which could lead to a shorter career for a guy drafted #2 overall. Thankfully they passed on the German Gretzky.

Very excited to see him at development camp!

Guest Sloth

I was ecstatic when Florida did not take Reinhart. When the panthers chose Ekblad, Reinhart was a lock for Buffalo. That is who Murray wanted. No doubt about it. Very happy w/ how things went this evening.

GMTM awkwardly leaning in and just saying "The Buffalo Sabres select Sam Reinhart" was my favorite thing. Next year, first overall: walks up to the mic, then just points at McDavid.

Yeah, w/ his right hand. Then uses his left hand to flip the bird at the rest of the NHL.

For all those times I read about nobody wanting to come to Buffalo, I got a real kick out of Sam's session with James Duthie.

He was almost giddy, genuinely happy to be in the blue and gold.

He actually said he knew the organization well and had been picturing himself in the lineup.

Hell yeah!

Sam Reinhart audio post draft media interview:

http://downloads.sabres.nhl.com/audio/20140627-reinhart.mp3

Reinhart has practiced with Hodgson and Myers and is familiar with both players.

Holy crap. I know he's our shiny, new toy, but, if this is how he presents himself to the media now, his post-game interviews in three years will be brilliant (for an athlete interview).

26CornerBlitz, thanks for posting those summaries. I'm happy to see there's some agreement among them that Reinhart can influence the game tempo. The Sabres haven't had a player who can do that, on their own, in I don't know how long.

Worth a watch. Got me even more excited.

Great find. I have wanted this kid since the end of last year and really wanted him since the World Juniors.

I just love the way he plays the game and that piece captured it perfectly.

26CornerBlitz, thanks for posting those summaries. I'm happy to see there's some agreement among them that Reinhart can influence the game tempo. The Sabres haven't had a player who can do that, on their own, in I don't know how long.

The last time, #23, Chris Drury.

Tim Murray == Honey Badger.

Exactly

18minutes of the SMARTEST player you will watch. This kid knows things 5 seconds before they happened.

He is better than every forward on the team, bar none.

What i get from hearing him speak, and what probably has been a big part of him getting picked as well.

He wants to be in buffalo, hell he even has been training with hodgson already.

That being said i would send him back to Kootenay, let him fill out his body a bit more.

GMTM awkwardly leaning in and just saying "The Buffalo Sabres select Sam Reinhart" was my favorite thing. Next year, first overall: walks up to the mic, then just points at McDavid.

Yeah, w/ his right hand. Then uses his left hand to flip the bird at the rest of the NHL.

Edited by carpandean

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.