1st Round pick #2 Sam Reinhart

spndnchz

But, back on topic - do you think SR is genuine in his answers or do you think he is overly scripted?

I think he's well prepared. Like he will be at the start of the season.

I don't get this. Not to hate on my own team, but I've rarely actually seen a player excited to become a Buffalo Bills/Sabres player, let alone a prominent one coming to the worst NHL team in years. I thought he'd have the nice, polite answer, but be secretly be upset his home team didn't snag him, but he seems genuinely thrilled to be here. Does he have ties here other than a few players that makes him so excited? Or is he just smart enough to realize the position we're in as well as the owner he's going to be playing for?

Yes, he's that smart.

I trusted you kids with the house for just one night and you buy a keg of beer and trash the place.

If Rip gives our Sam some stupid number like #45 or #60 because of this thread, you are all grounded. Now I don't know who started this, and I don't care if this keg is warm, in this family we don't waste beer, so finish this thing off and tidy this place up before your mother sees this and threatens to leave me and move in with your Aunt Ida again because we don't appreciate all the things she does around here.

Edited by X. Benedict

Can only go up to $4 mill after bonuses and salary are factored in which is what every second overall pick gets anyways.

Am I reading cap geek wrong? I'm using Nathan MacKinnon as a reference here. It says his cap hit is only 925k. I see the bonus icon paying him 2.85 mil, but I can't see where that counts towards the cap. What's up?

Am I reading cap geek wrong? I'm using Nathan MacKinnon as a reference here. It says his cap hit is only 925k. I see the bonus icon paying him 2.85 mil, but I can't see where that counts towards the cap. What's up?

Capgeek doesn't register the cap but because you're allowed a bonus cushion above the cap. Performance bonuses do count, tho.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.