Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Lots of press lauding the classiness of the Penguins' singing of the Canadian national anthem before their game. No report I've seen mentions that Buffalo always does this or the moment of silence in Buffalo at the OHL game.

Not a big deal, but sometimes it feels like we're in our own little world.

I can tell you why in two words: Sidney Crosby

That may be, but London still isn't Barcelona.

Oh god, I didn't even look at the dots. But now that you point that out, they actually are taking three flights and that is how it is listed at the bottom:

1. Atlanta to Baltimore

2. Baltimore to London

3. London to Atlanta

So they forgot to put the third line on the map. But where they really screwed up? They should have made it a video Indiana Jones style. Everyone loves those. :lol:

I believe it was, but it happened during commercial break.

@ Brawndo - Although the Canadian national anthem would have been nice before Sabres/Ducks they had a moment of silence which I thought was a class act move.

I had the Ducks feed last night so as Tank said, maybe MSG was at commercial.

The moment of silence was a nice touch and I am glad to hear the anthem was sung to honor the Canadian Players on both teams.

Edited by BRAWNDO

Lone gunman. Not "numerous shooters." Shocker.

I'm sure I'll be out on a limb with this, but maybe when things like this happen the response of a society should be more matter of fact. How many crazies out there are spurred on by the attention that an act of violence can generate? There's also just the slightest whiff of public relations and marketing in the air at times like this.

Edited by PASabreFan

I'm sure I'll be out on a limb with this, but maybe when things like this happen the response of a society should be more matter of fact. How many crazies out there are spurred on by the attention that an act of violence can generate? There's also just the slightest whiff of public relations and marketing in the air at times like this.

PA- Steve Harper has already since this shooting pledged to give more powers of detention and surveillance to security agencies in Canada. So there is that. These incidents always seem to give gov't a free reign to push through new bills that normally might have more opposition from the official opposition as well as regular folk. Brings to mind the adage of those that give up liberty and freedom for security deserve neither.

It's always interesting to go back and read the immediate reaction to things like this once the true details start to leak out. People praise how we can get information out almost instantly on the internet, but it's near impossible to skim through the complete BS that is put out there.

It's always interesting to go back and read the immediate reaction to things like this once the true details start to leak out. People praise how we can get information out almost instantly on the internet, but it's near impossible to skim through the complete BS that is put out there.

Very true. There were reports early on that there was a third shooting near the rideau centre which turned out to be completely false. The great benefits and horrible downfall of having social media.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.