Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

How the hell is Edmonton not making trades left and right?! How can they still be this bad?

No one there wants to be the guy who gives up on a top-3-in-the-draft pick early in that player's career.

Gotta sell another city on hockey.

I think Nasville actually has pretty good fan support.

Islanders with a win over San Jose and outshot them by a lot. If you don't think they aren't a playoff team u will be sadly mistaken!

Not sure but I'm afraid you're right. They are 4-0 for the first time in forever.

Separately: the Habs-Boston game tonight was pretty good, as was Dallas-Pittsburgh.

I think Nasville actually has pretty good fan support.

Been a season ticket holder for the past 6 seasons (plus I have a consulting relationship with the organization). Yes, everything is fine in Nashville. The Preds have solid fan support and are breaking even (slight profit) these days. I think this is a case of Nashville simply never having hosted the all-star game despite 17 seasons in the league. That and the dozens of bars and restaurants around the arena make it an easy sell for fans.

Been a season ticket holder for the past 6 seasons (plus I have a consulting relationship with the organization). Yes, everything is fine in Nashville. The Preds have solid fan support and are breaking even (slight profit) these days. I think this is a case of Nashville simply never having hosted the all-star game despite 17 seasons in the league. That and the dozens of bars and restaurants around the arena make it an easy sell for fans.

Love the setting of that arena. Was down there when the Bonnies played Florida State in the NCAA tourney. We took over the multi-storied bar that's across the street and on the corner by the stadium. Was fantastic.

I might venture to Nashville for that Saturday Sabres game in March. I loved being in Nashville for a conference a couple years ago, was a lot of fun.

Lucic made a complete asss of himself at the forum last night. Theres a guy who could derail a stanley cup run because he can't control his emotions.

http://prohockeytalk...r-late-penalty/

Reminds me a little of Wisniewski a while back (and he got two games):

http://youtu.be/dI1Q2AY1-Eo

Edited by biodork

I might venture to Nashville for that Saturday Sabres game in March. I loved being in Nashville for a conference a couple years ago, was a lot of fun.

I bought a block of 5 tickets in the section behind the Sabres bench already. I have no idea why I bought 5... got them months ago. So, I may have a couple extras if you're interested. There are always quite a few Sabres fans here for the games.

I bought a block of 5 tickets in the section behind the Sabres bench already. I have no idea why I bought 5... got them months ago. So, I may have a couple extras if you're interested. There are always quite a few Sabres fans here for the games.

I don't have my tickets yet. I'll take two if your serious. Three if you can spare that many.

Edited by Hank

Scott pretty much just tapped him. It sure does help being 18 feet tall. If he had put even the slightest amount of force into that hit, Grabovski would probably be a vegetable right now.

That's about as clean as you can get. His arms were down and the head wasn't the point of impact. But yea.. 6'8 at any speed is going to hurt a lot when you are spinning into the hit. Tough call, part of the game in my opinion. That said, is there anything more pathetic that a team paying no attention to their injured teammate and instead making a stupid spectacle of themselves elsewhere? It stinks of no concern. The guy is laying, motionless, on the ice and everyone's having a hoe-down elsewhere on the ice. Check on your teammate..revenge can happen later.

That's about as clean as you can get. His arms were down and the head wasn't the point of impact. But yea.. 6'8 at any speed is going to hurt a lot when you are spinning into the hit. Tough call, part of the game in my opinion. That said, is there anything more pathetic that a team paying no attention to their injured teammate and instead making a stupid spectacle of themselves elsewhere? It stinks of no concern. The guy is laying, motionless, on the ice and everyone's having a hoe-down elsewhere on the ice. Check on your teammate..revenge can happen later.

At least they avoided the classic "tackle the guy as he's standing over the injured teammate" move that we see far too often.

I won't know if I can come until after Christmas unfortunately but thank you. If I do end up going I'll let ya know.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.