Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Las Vegas is closer to getting an NHL team. Billionaire William Foley is working with the NHL to bring a team starting in 2017-18, which is the league's 100th anniversary.

Interesting article.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/24/las-vegas-could-be-the-new-home-of-an-nhl-team/

Bettman's half brother advises the part owner of Coyotes.

Interesting article.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/24/las-vegas-could-be-the-new-home-of-an-nhl-team/

Bettman's half brother advises the part owner of Coyotes.

I think the end game for this expansion talk and the multiple cities interested in to expand to 32 and then move Florida or Arizona. Or both.

Las Vegas, Seattle, Quebec City and Kansas City are the hottest names. Portland and Toronto are other cities to watch. Expansion in new markets makes the most sense while relocating back to QC would be a good move.

Oh my goodness, Jonathan Drouin has 2 points and as much ice time as Steven Stamkos through 2 periods....but he's just a rookie and he hasn't earned a spot on the top line yet!

Can't stand Ted Nolan.

Edited by ubkev

I think the end game for this expansion talk and the multiple cities interested in to expand to 32 and then move Florida or Arizona. Or both.

Las Vegas, Seattle, Quebec City and Kansas City are the hottest names. Portland and Toronto are other cities to watch. Expansion in new markets makes the most sense while relocating back to QC would be a good move.

I like Seattle QC, and KC for this just for the potential for new rivalries. Seattle-Vancouver could be a Buffalo-Toronto-style border war. Kansas City and St. Louis could be the battle of Missouri. And Quebec City would be a rival for the entire old Adams Division.

Oh my goodness, Jonathan Drouin has 2 points and as much ice time as Steven Stamkos through 2 periods....but he's just a rookie and he hasn't earned a spot on the top line yet!

Can't stand Ted Nolan.

Drouin was drafted last year and was sent back to juniors. Reinhart has played more games than Drouin in his draft year. Drouin has as much time as Stamkos because they're on the same line. Oh, and did I mention, he's playing with Stamkos. Buffalo has nobody with half the skills of Stamkos.

Drouin was drafted last year and was sent back to juniors. Reinhart has played more games than Drouin in his draft year. Drouin has as much time as Stamkos because they're on the same line. Oh, and did I mention, he's playing with Stamkos. Buffalo has nobody with half the skills of Stamkos.

The Sabres have plenty of guys w/ 1/2 the skill of Stamkos. Their issue is, no one at present can demonstrate reliably and consistently more than 1/2 the skill of Stamkos.

So this means that our rookie #2 overall pick should be on the 4th line playing 6 minutes. Ok, makes sense.

I'm aware he's on the same line as Stamkos. I'm aware he was sent back to Juniors. I'm aware that the Sabres don't have any great players. I'm also aware that Rinehart has 75 more games in Juniors than does Drouin. So now explain to me again where any of this means he should get less ice time than any of the players on the Sabres? Or why he should be on a line with 2 guys who are skating punching bags.

I am embarrassed to admit this is the first I've noticed that Luongo is back in Florida. Sure he didn't plan that one.

I think he likes it there. Hangin out on the beach in his banana hammock. Greasy hair getting just a little lighter. Everything smells like coconut.

Edited by d4rksabre

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.