Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

How the hell is Edmonton not making trades left and right?! How can they still be this bad?

Part of the problem is even though they picked high in certain drafts not all these drafts have great players at the top. Nail Yak is a perfect example. Hes a young player but to this point he's nothing special. Then all those years of not picking defense , plus the revolving door of decent players out of Edmonton. Even though Edmonton has a lot of young players they neglected defense, goaltending and having some solid vets to help the kids.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

http://www.tsn.ca/ta...-draft-1.107932

Auston Matthews of Scottsdale, AZ expected to go #1 overall in 2016. He missed the age cutoff for 2015 by 48 hours. Considered to be of same quality by some as McDavid/Eichel.

Sweet thanks for the info. I am still focused on 2015 obviously and hoping that in another month the early scouting reports start to trickle out. As for this kid, someone to watch.

Why not!? Anyone check what middle schoolers have been killing it lately?

I know my friend from high school is having a boy and they really want him to play hockey. Either that or become a firefighter. Will keep you updated in the 2033 NHL Draft thread.

Very weird debate on the BOS-DET broadcast tonight: http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/15/video-milbury-mckenzie-debate-fightings-place-in-the-nhl/

Mike Milbury departs his historical view that was in favor of fighting, now proclaims that fighting must be eliminated immediately.

Bob McKenzie is positioned on the show to argue against Milbury in favor of fighting, but instead of taking Milbury's usual overzealous bait, simply and calmy says the argument is irrelevant and that the NHL's powers-that-be aren't compelled to eliminate it yet.

John Scott knocked out Grabovski tonight.

welp lets hear all about how horrible the hit was and he is nothing but a goon and he needs to be removed from the league and the sharks are a mickey mouse organization for employing a thug like that blah blah blah.... have i covered it all? can we move on? oo wait there was going to be no outrage since he is not wearing a sabres sweater? nvm

welp lets hear all about how horrible the hit was and he is nothing but a goon and he needs to be removed from the league and the sharks are a mickey mouse organization for employing a thug like that blah blah blah.... have i covered it all? can we move on? oo wait there was going to be no outrage since he is not wearing a sabres sweater? nvm

Agreed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.