Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

I reported it off of NHL.com when I saw it. They must have changed it. I too thought it was odd since he rarely was on the PK in Buffalo.

I watched the goal highlights of the game on nhl.com, and in the list of goals next to the video screen, the one scored just before vanek's was shorthanded so I was thinking you maybe saw that

This is odd... any CBA buffs know what it's about?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=747040

NEW YORK – The National Hockey League announced today that it has fined the Philadelphia Flyers' organization for the team's travel to Nashville on December 26, 2014. This team activity was in violation of Article 16.5(b) of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the NHL and the NHL Players' Association.

The League will have no further comment on the matter.

Edit: think I remember now there was a restriction on team stuff until the 27th or something.

Edited by biodork

They travelled during the three-day holiday break despite being told explicitly not to. Flew on the 26th.

Thanks -- I thought of that too late, lol. Kind of a stupid rule, but I guess it's a way to make sure players get in their family time over the break.

Thanks -- I thought of that too late, lol. Kind of a stupid rule, but I guess it's a way to make sure players get in their family time over the break.

The silly thing is that the Ducks actually practiced on the 26th but the coaches weren't there and Getzlaf told the league it was his idea so no fine was levied.

The silly thing is that the Ducks actually practiced on the 26th but the coaches weren't there and Getzlaf told the league it was his idea so no fine was levied.

Ahhh the old college trick where the captains run the practices in the offseason. Yeah, I'm sure the coaches have absolutely zero input into what is going on, NCAA/NHL. :rolleyes:

holy crap, you just made my day. i didn't think anyone else knew who he is.

1. He played for the Amerks one season

2. Before that, he played a lot of games against the Amerks for the Maine Mariners, and I remember being little and seeing him get into tons of fights. The Amerks had quite a few brawlers on those teams

3. I remember seeing him score a playoff goal against the Sabres (1988?) on TV and people threw shoes on the ice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.