Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Yes they are. They just traded for another soft squishy player, idiots. If I was the gm I'd be calling Buffalo and asking them what the price of Tim Schaller was, and Detroit about Sheahan. Those are the type of gritty centers they need for their high powered squishy wingers. Centers who can skate with size and grit.

Schaller in a AHL grinder, not sure I'd want to put him between Hall and Eberle.

I think it's amazing that we can all sit here and laugh about how silly it would be for pretty much any team to pick up Roy on waivers. But Edmonton does it and we're like "hmmm, not a bad move for them."

Holy crap is Edmonton messed up.

Well, they did follow the patented Darcy blue print of starting the season with one legitimate top 9 center and pinning their hopes on a highly touted teenager to fill in as another one. He should be demanding royalties or something.

Heatley assigned to AHL... Bahahahaha

edit: asked to report to Norfolk

Can't help but think they sent him to Juvie

This is Dany Heatley you're talking about? Geez, what the heck happened to that guy? He used to be a Sabre-killer on the Sens, and doesn't seem like he's nearly old enough to be thinking of hanging them up.

Geez where have I been? It's like when I have friends with kids whom I rarely see... in my brain, they're still the same age as when we met, lol. 33 is hardly over the hill for a hockey player, but I guess if he's gone downhill to the point where he's been waived then the KHL and/or European teams probably won't be calling. (Then again... Omark.)

Edited by biodork

The number 1 goalie snubbing continue.

Lightning called up Syracuse prospect, Andrei Vasilevskiy, to play goal against Buffalo on Wednesday even though their goalies are apparently healthy enough to play.

Great name. "Mrs. Smith, I know you're daughter's only 15, but we're pretty sure she has Andrei Vasilevskiy. Here's a script. She'll be fine."

and then there's this....

"The 2015 Winter Classic might not start at 1:00 p.m. ET on Thursday as currently scheduled.

The glare from the sun is a potential factor that might cause the contest to be delayed. The players have been advised to be prepared for the game being pushed back." Rotoworld

I've also read that there was a need for Nashville to retain salary and that Edmonton was at max contracts. Whatever. Clearly, though, this is a team that is serious about finishing last.

By trading for Roy instead of picking him up they now can trade him at deadline without first having to expose him to waivers. That, and Nashville retaining salary were the reasons for the way the transaction was handled.

Is that worth him playing up here all year then missing the tournament all to go down during it anyway? Do they anticipate trouble if he was a UFA at a different time?

It isn't about trouble it's about keeping his RFA status for another year. They are trying to correct their stupidity before it compounds the situation.

So basically he should have never been up past nine games, right?

Just seems like stupid all over.

No he shouldn't have been kept passed 9 games. His skating is terrible. He is basically in the exact same situation Grigorenko was in before Buffalo wised up. Complete stupidity on Edmonton's part.

No he shouldn't have been kept passed 9 games. His skating is terrible. He is basically in the exact same situation Grigorenko was in before Buffalo wised up. Complete stupidity on Edmonton's part.

Yeah, going into the season with Arcobello as center #2 isn't a good idea. I believe in the press conference they had recently, McTavish claimed that that wasn't a mistake at all. (this was probably brought up in this thread) That team is baffling.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.