Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

How?

Haha. It was in the piece itself -- stated mostly in jest. The child will be born in Canada, but will obviously be on a track for American citizenship since both parents are Americans.

That said, I grew up with some kids who had American parents, but were all born in Canada (they moved back to Buffalo when the youngest was in pre-school (which is how I came to know the family)). I believe each kid got to choose their citizenship when they turned 18 (?), or maybe that was more urban legend.

And, not for nothing, the Miller kid won't be eligible to serve as POTUS.

Haha. It was in the piece itself -- stated mostly in jest. The child will be born in Canada, but will obviously be on a track for American citizenship since both parents are Americans.

That said, I grew up with some kids who had American parents, but were all born in Canada (they moved back to Buffalo when the youngest was in pre-school (which is how I came to know the family)). I believe each kid got to choose their citizenship when they turned 18 (?), or maybe that was more urban legend.

And, not for nothing, the Miller kid won't be eligible to serve as POTUS.

I never imagined that she was living in Vancouver. How silly of me.

But he/she will be eligible to serve as POTUS. Both parents are citizens. Kid could be born on the moon, still counts as a natural-born citizen.

I never imagined that she was living in Vancouver. How silly of me.

But he/she will be eligible to serve as POTUS. Both parents are citizens. Kid could be born on the moon, still counts as a natural-born citizen.

Ahh, quite so. Thanks, Professor. That was a nuance of Con Law (and the U.S.C.) that I'd never bothered to sort out.

Ahh, quite so. Thanks, Professor. That was a nuance of Con Law (and the U.S.C.) that I'd never bothered to sort out.

In a recent example, John McCain was born in Panama (not that was President, of course, but it would have looked pretty silly to have elected him and then, "oops!").

Right on, except...

Indy drafted Gretzky.

Well, I told you the league didn't start when the Oilers drafted Gretz - and it didn't! What more do you want?! :oops:

Forgot that they "selected" him but didn't technically draft him. Good memory guys, I stand (sit) corrected.

Sounds about right to me. Can't argue that.

Canes and Sabres? Sounds exactly right.

There are dozens of McBain's in the NHL - guys who can fill a role under the right circumstances and get exposed when they aren't protected. sabres have four of them on the blueline right now and 10 or 12 up front.

There are dozens of McBain's in the NHL - guys who can fill a role under the right circumstances and get exposed when they aren't protected. sabres have four of them on the blueline right now and 10 or 12 up front.

And let's face it, if you're shopping around for a free agent defenseman at this point of the year to balance out some injuries, you don't exactly have your pick of the litter. He's just filler and they'll hope for the best until they can get their guys back. Then he's off to Manchester.

There are plenty of guys with comparable talent. After a while what separates them is experience. McBain is a short term fix and buys time for a guy like Forbert.

Boy, Emrick's voice can be tough to take.

Well, yeah. He's also pretty brilliant. All the great hockey announcers to seem to have that annoying quality to their voices. Anyone remember Chuck Kaiton from Hartford/Carolina? Not sure if he's still around. Rick, of course. Mike Lange of the Pens, still doing radio. Joe Bowen. Who else? Who else? Oh yeah Foster Hewitt sounded a little squirrely as well.

From here it looks like a herring. It's a herring all right!

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/sports/hockey/foster-hewitt-voice-of-hockey/from-here-it-looks-like-a-herring.html

Well, yeah. He's also pretty brilliant. All the great hockey announcers to seem to have that annoying quality to their voices. Anyone remember Chuck Kaiton from Hartford/Carolina? Not sure if he's still around. Rick, of course. Mike Lange of the Pens, still doing radio. Joe Bowen. Who else? Who else? Oh yeah Foster Hewitt sounded a little squirrely as well.

From here it looks like a herring. It's a herring all right!

http://www.cbc.ca/ar...-a-herring.html

1942. That's pretty cool.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.