2014 - 2015 Sabres Prospects

Johnny DangerFace

I can't be the only one who never expected anything out of Catenacci.

I thought he had a shot at the 3rd line but this year he has really slumped.

Was there ever really much hype around here for him from anyone other than our resident "every prospect is the 2nd coming" poster?

Who's that?

I have no idea.

lol

Just like the thing with crazy relatives, if you can't point out who it is, then it's probably you.

Or the "fish" at a poker table.

Sarcasm on my end boys.

He looked really good at that camp. Fast, good hands, just never got it going at the next level I guess.

That's why it is disappointing.

I wonder if Chz (or women in general) will ever be able to engage in intelligent sport conversation without it being sexualized.

Jealous Tank? Nobody tell you you look pretty today huh?

From what I've read from CHZ, she can dole it out as much as she can take it....

I wonder if Chz (or women in general) will ever be able to engage in intelligent sport conversation without it being sexualized.

Sure you do.

But who says chivalry is dead? This is the cyber equivalent of placing your coat over a puddle of water so that a lady may pass unsoiled. Bravo!

But he was the steal of the draft, blah blah, had a first round grade and we got him in the third blah blah...

Yea I am just skipping the random other crap...

Catnasty had a lot of hustle, speed, and skill in junior. He improved just a little bit each year. His first full year as an Amerk he had 10g, 10a in 76 games. With those numbers you would have thought coming into this season for him to maybe inch up to 15g and 20a. Unfortunately he has played meh hockey from what I gather and it isn't so much that he is really terrible just that he is in a slump to some degree. He still has the potential to be a Sabre some day but right now it looks like he projects out to 3rd/4th guy at best.

One thing to think of when looking at any our of prospects is what is their level of progress or evolution. For instance Nick Baptiste went from 3rd round player with a decent 48pts to a late 1st early 2nd round player in a redraft when the following year he dropped 89pts including 45goals. Now if he sustains or hopefully grows past that this year that is good. It means his ceiling hasn't been reached and he could get even better. For those down on Baptiste this season, he now has 5pts in 7 games for Erie so clearly he is adjusting.

The last thing I will mention with prospects and something another poster and I discuss often is points to size ratio. Catenacci is 5'10" 191lbs. So he is short but heavy. Baptiste is 6'1" 204lb. As such I need Catenacci to score at a higher rate in juniors than Baptiste for him to have the same effectiveness in the AHL or NHL. Now yes there are exceptions but Catenacci is not the exception he is the rule.

Liger, no way catanacci is anything other than a minor leaguer. He's barely a 3rd line AHL player. He's Holzinger but with significantly worse hands, less speed and less size. He's never noticeable in the ice. If he couldn't come close to cracking one of the worst NHL lineups in history, why would he ever make the bigs.

Liger, no way catanacci is anything other than a minor leaguer. He's barely a 3rd line AHL player. He's Holzinger but with significantly worse hands, less speed and less size. He's never noticeable in the ice. If he couldn't come close to cracking one of the worst NHL lineups in history, why would he ever make the bigs.

Holzinger with significantly worse hands. That may be one of the most terrifying things I have ever heard.

Very well could only be a minor leaguer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.