2014-2015 Roster

Stads

the line ups might surprise us all

1. Moulson - Reinhart - Hodgson

2.Foligno - Grigorenko - Gionta <--- im keeping the faith :D

3.Ennis - Girgensons - Stafford

4.McCormick - Larsonn - Flynn/Deslauriers

Stewart gets traded. mitchell to rochester.

Myers - Gorges

Risto - Pysyk

Meszaros - zadarov

Weber - ruwhedel

neuvirth

enroth

Zadarov and reinhart could be send back to juniors , but don't think they have much to learn there.

Edited by Heimdall

the line ups might surprise us all

1. Moulson - Reinhart - Hodgson

2.Foligno - Grigorenko - Gionta <--- im keeping the faith :D

3.Ennis - Girgensons - Stafford

4.McCormick - Larsonn - Flynn/Deslauriers

Stewart gets traded. mitchell to rochester.

Myers - Gorges

Risto - Pysyk

Meszaros - zadarov

Weber - ruwhedel

neuvirth

enroth

Zadarov and reinhart could be send back to juniors , but don't think they have much to learn there.

Kaleta will probably be 3rd 4th liner, not Flynn or DesLaurier IMO. I'm really pulling for him

As I've posted previously, I don't see all 3 of Pysyk, Risto and Nikita on the Sabres next year. Too much inexperience for Teddy's taste.

This. Three rookie defensemen with rookies behind them (McCabe, Rudy) is too many. Anyone who hasn't spent at least a season in Rochester is not likely to be given a full-time NHL spot, IMHO. So, I think Zadorov goes back to juniors and Pysyk and Risto form a Sabres defensive pairing next year. Weber, Myers, Gorges, and Meszaros are the other full-time defensemen. I think we'll sign a veteran 7th defenseman (could even be Hank if he'll play for a reasonable salary on a short-term contract).

At this point, I don't think we can really talk about Pysyk as an inexperienced guy. He's moving into his third year as a pro and is quickly approaching that point where he is going to define his role. Does he step up and become a more dependable guy or does he stick to that borderline NHL player status. He's going to have to take that next big step relatively soon.

At this point, I don't think we can really talk about Pysyk as an inexperienced guy. He's moving into his third year as a pro and is quickly approaching that point where he is going to define his role. Does he step up and become a more dependable guy or does he stick to that borderline NHL player status. He's going to have to take that next big step relatively soon.

I think Pysyk is a lock for full-time NHL status.

Risto and Zadorov are really up in the air.

Agreed with both of you. I really think Shrader nailed it. Pysyk needs to prove himself here. I think we may be surprised and see Risto in Roc, and Zadorov here in Buff.

Kaleta will probably be 3rd 4th liner, not Flynn or DesLaurier IMO. I'm really pulling for him

I hope that's not the case, Deslauriers is 5 years younger and 20-30 pounds heavier. Deslauriers is also a part of the future, whereas Kaleta most likely is not, or at least, he should not be. I think the 4th line could be Deslauriers - McCormick - Kaleta...that's a tough trio to play against.

Larsson takes another season, of half season, in the AHL...he is still only 21 years old, about to be 22 in 3 weeks. (Deslauriers turns 24 in February.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

I think the 4th line could be Deslauriers - McCormick - Kaleta...that's a tough trio to play against.

I agree that, if it comes down to Kaleta vs Deslauriers, I hope it's the latter... But that fourth line would be brutal/perfect. Brutal because it would be surprising to see 20 goals all season from the three combined... Perfect because... Same thing.

I agree that, if it comes down to Kaleta vs Deslauriers, I hope it's the latter... But that fourth line would be brutal/perfect. Brutal because it would be surprising to see 20 goals all season from the three combined... Perfect because... Same thing.

Y'know, a 4th line of Flynn-Kaleta-Deslauriers could be a respectable, and "rollable," 4th line that could contribute a decent amount of offense.

I think the 4th line could be Deslauriers - McCormick - Kaleta...that's a tough trio to play against.

I'm almost certain that is the 4th line that Murray/Nolan have in mind. All three can skate, all will hit you, and all are reasonably good defensive players.

Top 3 lines should be some combination of:

1. Moulson, Ennis, Stewart

2. CoHo, Girgs, Stafford

3. Foligno, Reinhart, Gionta

Flynn and Mitchell are the "utility guys" who will step in when the inevitable injuries hit. Both can play center or wing. Larsson is versatile too and is probably the first guy called up from Rochester if needed.

Pending more changes, I will be surprised if Pysyk and Risto don't join Meszaros, Myers, Weber and Gorges as part of the starting six on opening night.

I'm almost certain that is the 4th line that Murray/Nolan have in mind. All three can skate, all will hit you, and all are reasonably good defensive players.

2. CoHo, Girgs, Stafford

Flynn and Mitchell are the "utility guys" who will step in when the inevitable injuries hit. Both can play center or wing. Larsson is versatile too and is probably the first guy called up from Rochester if needed.

I agree that top nine is likely. Reinhart is no sure thing, but I think he will make it. And Foligno will have to earn top nine minutes.

I want to see Moulson with Samson.

The other five will fill the other spots, but I think Mitchell is ahead of Kaleta, and that they really want Larsson make the step, but he will have to earn it.

2. CoHo, Girgs, Stafford

Pending more changes, I will be surprised if Pysyk and Risto don't join Meszaros, Myers, Weber and Gorges as part of the starting six on opening night.

I agree that top nine is likely. Reinhart is no sure thing, but I think he will make it. And Foligno will have to earn top nine minutes.

I want to see Moulson with Samson.

The other five will fill the other spots, but I think Mitchell is ahead of Kaleta, and that they really want Larsson make the step, but he will have to earn it.

I can't believe that I'm getting pulled into being kinda psyched to see those lines on opening night, but here we are.

Nice work boys.

I can't believe that I'm getting pulled into being kinda psyched to see those lines on opening night, but here we are.

Nice work boys.

I'm just tickled to death that it is an AHL player free set of lines. Been awhile since we could say that.

So just looking at the defensive pairings it would appear that Rasmus and Pysyk will most definitely be in the opening lineup barring unforeseen issues. The reasoning behind part of it will not only be numbers but also shot. Meszaros, Josh Gorges, and Weber are all LHS where Myers, Rasmus, and Pysyk are all RHS with Jake McCabe being a spare lefty. Just something to think about.

Murray reiterated his commitment to Myers to WGR and also finally included Hodgson in his young core.

“Yes I do, I expect (Myers), I expect Marcus, I expect Ennis, I expect Hodgson, I expect them all to be on the team, but that’s the nature of the game with good, young players, other teams want them, so they call and ask and you listen. You listen only because they may do something crazy.” Why is Myers the name brought up the most? Murray said, “Teams call because of the type of player he is. Marcus Foligno’s the same thing. I don’t call anybody on those young guys, so we don’t make the calls on those guys, we’re not looking to trade them, but in saying that when you get a call, you listen and you either say, ‘He’s crazy or he’s willing to over pay’.”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.