First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

Has anyone seen this? Comparison between last year and this years playoffs for the Blues. EERILY similar...

10171303_690089504381199_7928435401764310679_n.jpg

Guess what happened in game 5? Blues lose 3-2 in OT on Voynov game winner 8 min into 1st OT. Tonight? Blues lose 3-2 in OT on Toews game winner 7:36 into 1st OT period. Crazy.

What happened in game 6?

Has anyone seen this? Comparison between last year and this years playoffs for the Blues. EERILY similar...

10171303_690089504381199_7928435401764310679_n.jpg

Guess what happened in game 5? Blues lose 3-2 in OT on Voynov game winner 8 min into 1st OT. Tonight? Blues lose 3-2 in OT on Toews game winner 7:36 into 1st OT period. Crazy.

What happened in game 6?

That deserves a WTF wave.

That was a terrible bit of goaltending by Miller.

What was terrible was Polak's half-assed change on the play, guy took forever to get to the bench, leaving Toews a clear path to the net.

Give Toews a breakaway in OT, and you're usually in trouble.

It's just that we as Sabres fans are used to seeing guys miss on breakaways all the time, other teams can actually score on them.

That said, you want to win Stanley Cups, you need to stop pucks.

Edited by Kristian

Penner scored the game winner at 19:59 in the second. Kings won 2-1. If it's 1-1 near the end of the second, Miller should be afraid, very afraid.

Miller has less to fear than we Sabres fans - poof, there goes a sweet draft pick position. I can't believe they're on the verge of being eliminated in the first round - they were the favorites over Chicago going in.

If St. Louis (and the Sabres) lose, it will be right there with the draft lottery. We lost that one too.

Buffalo just doesn't get any lucky breaks. When GMTM declared, a few hours before the lottery, that he wanted "to win something" - I thought to myself - you're in the wrong city for that, Tim. This is just not an area that wins - we take it on the chin all the time.

"Winning" is just not part of our vocabulary.

LOL!!! No worries - after a while you get used to living with disappointment and despair - I suppose it's similar to the adjustment one must make to live with a physical deficiency like a gimp leg.

I didn't realize - but Red Wings had to play their backup goalie in the last game (which they lost), and again today. That really sucks - at least Gustavsson's stats are close to Howard's. But I hate to see the Wings playing with any disadvantage against the Bruins. I hate the Bruins!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.