First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

This Colorado team is exactly why the NHL won't change the draft system or worry about teams "tanking". Because the result is GREAT hockey.

I don't really understand this. Colorado was a good team before they ranked for MacKinnon. Terrible coaching and a perfect storm of a short season ended up in them getting MacKinnon. But the talented players will still end up somewhere even if they try to stop tanking, so it wouldn't prevent Colorado situations. It'd make them more likely if anything.

I don't really understand this. Colorado was a good team before they ranked for MacKinnon. Terrible coaching and a perfect storm of a short season ended up in them getting MacKinnon. But the talented players will still end up somewhere even if they try to stop tanking, so it wouldn't prevent Colorado situations. It'd make them more likely if anything.

What? Prior to this season they missed the playoffs four out of five years. That's not good at all.

This Colorado team is exactly why the NHL won't change the draft system or worry about teams "tanking". Because the result is GREAT hockey.

They sure make tanking look like a great idea, that's for sure.

However, I have a nasty feeling the Sabres are going to make the idea of tanking look somewhat different, but that's what the Regier years have done to me - Made me the eternal pessimist.

That burst of acceleration by MacKinnon on the go-ahead goal was obscene.

I hadn't realized it before the playoffs started, but he's gotta be one of the fastest guys in the league. The Sabres certainly haven't had that kind of speed since Max left.

I hadn't realized it before the playoffs started, but he's gotta be one of the fastest guys in the league. The Sabres certainly haven't had that kind of speed since Max left.

DO you think it is one of the main contributing factors to why we aren't good, the lack of speed I mean.

Catenacci is that fast, but since I never hear his name in the mix for a call up, I assume that the rest of his game isn't developing sufficiently.

Catenacci is that fast, but since I never hear his name in the mix for a call up, I assume that the rest of his game isn't developing sufficiently.

Pretty much. He seemed like he had a good shot at making the team eventually but the AHL has been a bigger learning curve for him than expected.

I left the room as soon as he came on.

I can't say I disagree with him in this case, but he's lost all of my respect since I listened to him early on this season. It's hard to take anything he says seriously at this point.

But man am I ready for this St.Louis-Chicago game. I'm expecting a true Miller-Shutout today, 3-1 Blues with a bs goal late by the Blackhawks. The Blues are gonna come out of the gates hard, hitting everything in red into coma levels. Damn this is going to be good :clapping: :beer:

Edited by WildCard

St Louis is getting it handed to them so far.

Ending the period strong though

Don't give up yet - TJ Oshie just tied the score at 1-1 with 3 minutes left in the 1st. So it's a brand new game. :)

The score wasn't what got me so much as any little thing looks like it could crush St.Louis mentally.

Tied game now and a PP, we're getting there :thumbsup:

Though this PP is looking suspect

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.