First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

Holy crap... Wild win.

Pommer completely useless in the series. ;)

Moulson AND Pommers…plus McCormick ;)

But all sick, sick shots by the Wild. Avs led 4 times. can't blame anyone but themselves. They are going to have a contending team for years to come tho. and so will the wild with the young guns they have coming up and the skilled veterans they have. if they get a miller or vane they'll only be better

So Todd McClellan has to lose his job if SJ doesn't pull this off, right?

best part of Nino getting the 2 goals and the winner is that it reminds everyone that good ole GARTH SNOW gave him up…for who? Cal Clutterbuck :sick: hahaha. How is he still employed???

To be somewhat fair Niño demanded a trade.

Seems like it happens every year, great regular season followed by playoff flop

Yep. I've made the argument on this board for a long time that some guys are built for the regular season and some guys are built for the playoffs. The guys who wilt when the game turns into a war are the ones you don't want playing leading roles on your team, even though they might be very effective during the regular season. Big Joe just doesn't carry his team to the promised land. As a second line center on another club he might get there, but not as "the guy."

(A version of the above argument was why I was always against Pommer as Sabres captain)

Page #1 ;)

Nobody got all 8....and you get to watch Me, Wookie, Wildcard, Taro, and Glatt.....have a 5-man scissors for getting 7 of 8.

If it was any other team but San Jose...I would be shocked LA came back....but it's San Jose...so I agree with your mentorship!

At this point, I'm just proud of my preseason prediction thread entry. All 4 teams there and Sabres tanked like a bee hatch.

Dear Tank and Liger:

ok? thanks. I would pick the sharks again to win that series.

SJ should be taking a hard look at their forwards and their defense because they arent built for the playoffs.

Colorado is young and will be back next year. They need some defensive upgrades as well but have some truly explosive forwards.

The Rangers need to beat Pittsburgh.

I love that the Rangers won, they have a great team and I like to watch them.

Minnesota is great too. I never thought they would achieve it, but it is fantastic.

That the sharks blew a 3:0 lead is sad, because I think they have a great team.

LA on the other hand just know how to win when it counts. I really would love a Sabres team playing like them in the post season.

I really cheer for the Habs, because I hate no team mor than the Bruins and because I am a fan of Thomas Vanek.

He is a star I would love to see winning a cup.

Canadiens Bruins might be the only interesting match-up in the semis.

I think the Ducks-Kings series will be a good one.

Now that the first round is over...

In the East I'm not doing too bad. I hit on the B's winning in 5 and had Montreal and Pittsburgh advancing. I didn't think the NYR would take out Philly, so I have 3 winners advancing.

I thought the Avs would take out the Wild and was hoping the Blues would make it to the WCF, so my bracket's busted out west. I did hit on the Kings winning in 7 and the Ducks advancing.

Using the scoring the NHL is using, I have 50 out of a possible 80 points. How busted is your bracket?

I swear to Allah if anyone ever does that to me in a game, I'm going to rip their helmet off, bust four of their teeth out, then wear them like trophies on a necklace.

I had a goalie do it to me once. I warned him if he did it again I would knock him out. So, later in the game he did it again. I immediately swung my stick, baseball like, right across the side of his head and knocked him out cold. It's not something to be proud of, but at 1am in the morning at age 22 I can't be expected to make the right decisions. That said.. I warned him what would happen. There are certain things you just don't do. I'll take a stick to the ankles, the knee, but you go there and you pay the price. It's inexcusable. It's like butt-ending someone to the face.. who was that Penguin who did that one year? Really brilliant dude.

Anyway.. it happened.

So Todd McClellan has to lose his job if SJ doesn't pull this off, right?

To be somewhat fair Niño demanded a trade.

Nino did demand a trade...but that was largely in response to the Isles (and by extension, Snow's) botched handling of his development path. So it still shows Snow's incompetence :P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.