First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

I am again reminded by the Stanley Cup playoffs that defense wins championships. Makes me happy to think of Pysyk, Myers, Zadorov, and Risto

True, but teams like St.Louis, Chicago, Boston, etc. get high level physical play from everywhere, not just the d-men

Both goals are not on Miller, and St.Louis' lack of offense is just adding more focus on it.

They desperately miss their captain

Agreed. In addition, it seems they're playing one of their patented "off games". This isn't the ideal game pace for the Blues.

Big goal for the Blues.

Edit

big 2nd goal...Otter, please come back..dude makes so many plays that matter

BTW, why does Cooke get 7 for hit on knee, but Seebrooke only 3 for crushing hit to head?

You might wanna watch the video up-thread. Cooke has a pretty vibrant history of dirty hits, specifically knee shots

You might wanna watch the video up-thread. Cooke has a pretty vibrant history of dirty hits, specifically knee shots

i get it..i also get guys think knee shots end careers more than head shots....just hard to wrap my head around this. Head shots just have the potential to do so much more permanent damage, long after playing days...to get less than half id just a weird message i think

https://vine.co/v/MnIgAAm7OHu

Niskanen seems to have something specific on his mind...

Cash rules everything around me, CREAM get the money, dolla dolla bill y'alllllll

I wonder with Anderson struggling if the ducks get knocked out early if they make a run at Miller if he doesn't sign in St. Louis. Problem is they have Gibson close to ready, so would they be willing to delay his start even further and have him be the backup for a few years... I suppose they can always trade him. I'll take him if that's the case

i get it..i also get guys think knee shots end careers more than head shots....just hard to wrap my head around this. Head shots just have the potential to do so much more permanent damage, long after playing days...to get less than half id just a weird message i think

I think the knee-targeting is a lot more obvious than what Seabrook did, and the NHL isn't about to hand out suspensions to star players like Seabrook for first time offenses unless they're on a Bertuzzi level. I agree that I'd rather have my ACL blown than suffer CTE later on, but I think what it comes down to in this case is Cooke's 5 previous suspensions. If Cooke had made the same hit that Seabrook made, I think he might have gotten more than 7 games, but that's just a guess.

e='Andrew Amerk' timestamp='1398310561' post='578105'][/size]

Except those previous hits don't count towards repeat offender status.

None of those hits in those videos counted towards one of his 5 previous suspensions?

Edited by WildCard

Cash rules everything around me, CREAM get the money, dolla dolla bill y'alllllll

I wonder with Anderson struggling if the ducks get knocked out early if they make a run at Miller if he doesn't sign in St. Louis. Problem is they have Gibson close to ready, so would they be willing to delay his start even further and have him be the backup for a few years... I suppose they can always trade him. I'll take him if that's the case

I think the Ducks will make a run at Ryan Miller regardless. Teams in the NHL know that championship windows don't last forever. They aren't going to wait around for Gibson. If he takes another year or two then they might not be contenders by then. If they get Miller then Gibson could become a MAJOR trade chip immediately to land them just about anything they want. I'd give Myers for Gibson.

I think the knee-targeting is a lot more obvious than what Seabrook did, and the NHL isn't about to hand out suspensions to star players like Seabrook for first time offenses unless they're on a Bertuzzi level. I agree that I'd rather have my ACL blown than suffer CTE later on, but I think what it comes down to in this case is Cooke's 5 previous suspensions. If Cooke had made the same hit that Seabrook made, I think he might have gotten more than 7 games, but that's just a guess.

None of those hits in those videos counted towards one of his 5 previous suspensions?

No. But he's no longer considered a repeat offender since 18 months has passed since his last one.

No. But he's no longer considered a repeat offender since 18 months has passed since his last one.

That may be written out and "applied," but I highly doubt the NHL doesn't take a player's history into consideration.

Blues go up 3-2, Taresenko is putting the team on his back

Edited by WildCard

It would be nice to see one of our young guys come into the league and show something like guys like tarasenko and palat have shown. I want to say its dissappointing none of our young guys seem like they're gonna be that player, but then I remember tarasenko and palat I think are around 23 years old so it gives me some hope still considering they have 4 years on guys like grigorenko.

It's just frustrating to see these teams in addition to how good they are already, have these young superstars that are pushing them even further, while the sabres don't seem to have either, even though everyone talks about their prospect pool. Talent does feed off of other talent though so that has something to do with it. As we supply out team with increased talent at every position thru our drafts, upcoming prospects, and free agency, I think well see some guys step up their game. Between this years and next years draft and the prospects we have, hopefully well have our tarasenkos when we are finally back into playoff contention in 3 or 4 years

Sometimes it just sucks to see teams like the Avs with all the talent they have, suck and win the lottery last year and get a guy like mackinnon and now theyre in cup consideration in one year. Tampa already has stamkos, by far the best prospect not in the nhl in drouin, plus two rookie of the year contenders. Makes you realize how far ahead these teams are compared to us

Edited by sabre snipe

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.