First Round Playoff Thread

Eleven

these playoffs have been great for the infamous #bucciovertimechallenge on twitter. Anybody got picks? I'm taking Steen and Sharp on this game.

I always go with guys that's aren't that good, a literally have almost no chance of scoring, so that if they do score not many people picked them and I have a better shot at winning. So, that being said, I picked Derek Roy :) and Handzus

these playoffs have been great for the infamous #bucciovertimechallenge on twitter. Anybody got picks? I'm taking Steen and Sharp on this game.

I'll take Shaw/Petrangelo

###### :wallbash:

Kane's having himself a nice postseason so far.Patty Kane will always be one of my favorite players

It would be nice to see one of our young guys come into the league and show something like guys like tarasenko and palat have shown. I want to say its dissappointing none of our young guys seem like they're gonna be that player, but then I remember tarasenko and palat I think are around 23 years old so it gives me some hope still considering they have 4 years on guys like grigorenko.

It's just frustrating to see these teams in addition to how good they are already, have these young superstars that are pushing them even further, while the sabres don't seem to have either, even though everyone talks about their prospect pool. Talent does feed off of other talent though so that has something to do with it. As we supply out team with increased talent at every position thru our drafts, upcoming prospects, and free agency, I think well see some guys step up their game. Between this years and next years draft and the prospects we have, hopefully well have our tarasenkos when we are finally back into playoff contention in 3 or 4 years

Sometimes it just sucks to see teams like the Avs with all the talent they have, suck and win the lottery last year and get a guy like mackinnon and now theyre in cup consideration in one year. Tampa already has stamkos, by far the best prospect not in the nhl in drouin, plus two rookie of the year contenders. Makes you realize how far ahead these teams are compared to us

If we had a roster like St. Louis or Tampa, I'm pretty sure our young guys would be more impressive. But unfortunately, they're thrust into roles they shouldn't be on, whereas on other teams the young players get eased in with sheltered minutes.

Nice look-away from Kane on that, Miller expecting the pass, and the St. Louis defenseman not knowing what to expect, ending up playing neither pass or shot.

Like Dark said, horrible defense.

It was exactly what we were talking about in the other thread about how they're changing Miller's reads. Miller did what they wanted on that, played the pass, and it burned them.

I always go with guys that's aren't that good, a literally have almost no chance of scoring, so that if they do score not many people picked them and I have a better shot at winning. So, that being said, I picked Derek Roy :) and Handzus

Figuratively speaking..........

Ya, I thought Schwartz was Roy

And why if one of the Sams go first Ekblad would be a good pick

No it isn't. I just named 4 defenders that are going to be or are top 4 guys. Now why the hell would you add yet another guy to that list when your best offensive player is Ennis and your next best is ??? Don't try and twist what I said, I am happy with the defenders we have and have absolutely no interest in Aaron Ekblad at 2. Defense wins championships but since we have no goal scoring we won't make the post season with Nic Lidstrom and Shea Weber on our team.

It would be nice to see one of our young guys come into the league and show something like guys like tarasenko and palat have shown. I want to say its dissappointing none of our young guys seem like they're gonna be that player, but then I remember tarasenko and palat I think are around 23 years old so it gives me some hope still considering they have 4 years on guys like grigorenko.

It's just frustrating to see these teams in addition to how good they are already, have these young superstars that are pushing them even further, while the sabres don't seem to have either, even though everyone talks about their prospect pool. Talent does feed off of other talent though so that has something to do with it. As we supply out team with increased talent at every position thru our drafts, upcoming prospects, and free agency, I think well see some guys step up their game. Between this years and next years draft and the prospects we have, hopefully well have our tarasenkos when we are finally back into playoff contention in 3 or 4 years

Sometimes it just sucks to see teams like the Avs with all the talent they have, suck and win the lottery last year and get a guy like mackinnon and now theyre in cup consideration in one year. Tampa already has stamkos, by far the best prospect not in the nhl in drouin, plus two rookie of the year contenders. Makes you realize how far ahead these teams are compared to us

This post pretty much sums up my thoughts. We have a great defensive pipeline and then more question marks on offense then the Riddler's outfit.

Also we just started drafted heavily when it comes to forwards in 2012. Those guys we are all drooling over like Palat and Tarasenko are 22-23. We don't know where players like Possler, Baptiste, Bailey, Compher and such will be like in other 2 years but the signs are at least encouraging.

Awful defense by St Louis on that game winner. You can't just let Kane come down and shoot without challenging him. Weak.
Like Dark said, horrible defense.

if it was "awful" and "horrible" defense by a u.s. olympian (shattenkirk) on the kane goal, then i'd venture to say that having a world-class player bearing down on you in an odd-man situation in OT tends to produce such outcomes.

i'd also say that wasn't awful or horrible defense, the above message board chirping notwithstanding. shattenkirk was initially playing the rush as though it were a 2-on-1 or even 3-on-1, and he was set up to take away the pass. as the play progressed (in a matter of seconds), the play became more of a muddled 3-on-3, with 4 other players driving the net. that left shattenkirk caught in a bit of a no-man's land, as kane pulled up in the circle. before shattenkirk could make a better play, kane released what may be the best wrist shot in the league and, i am betting, placed the puck so that it could have fit through a keyhole.

so, yeah. kane made an elite play and victimized 2 of his teammates from the olympic team.

Well, he singlehandedly pissed away game 4, that much is for sure.

And did I read this right? 9 playoff games straight now where Crosby hasn't scored?

Yes, you read that correctly. If he were Russian, he'd be getting *killed* in the media.

Hmmm I seem to remember the Vancouver Olympics minus his BS gold winner he didn't really do much. Crosby definitely fades a little.

Hmmm I seem to remember the Vancouver Olympics minus his BS gold winner he didn't really do much. Crosby definitely fades a little.

I thought he was the most dangerous player at the Olympics. In a short tournament, points don't tell anything really. He's definitely not showing much against Columbus, however. I blame Bylsma (seriously).

if it was "awful" and "horrible" defense by a u.s. olympian (shattenkirk) on the kane goal, then i'd venture to say that having a world-class player bearing down on you in an odd-man situation in OT tends to produce such outcomes.

i'd also say that wasn't awful or horrible defense, the above message board chirping notwithstanding. shattenkirk was initially playing the rush as though it were a 2-on-1 or even 3-on-1, and he was set up to take away the pass. as the play progressed (in a matter of seconds), the play became more of a muddled 3-on-3, with 4 other players driving the net. that left shattenkirk caught in a bit of a no-man's land, as kane pulled up in the circle. before shattenkirk could make a better play, kane released what may be the best wrist shot in the league and, i am betting, placed the puck so that it could have fit through a keyhole.

so, yeah. kane made an elite play and victimized 2 of his teammates from the olympic team.

Shattenkirk completely misread the play. He's defending Kane and the other Blues players manage to backcheck enough to put sticks on the other Blackhawks players Kane would pass to. The right decision, as soon as that pass is in jeopardy, is to go at Kane and force him.

post-1361-0-28761600-1398347495_thumb.jpg

Shattenkirk second-guessed his teammates and it cost them.

Shattenkirk completely misread the play. He's defending Kane and the other Blues players manage to backcheck enough to put sticks on the other Blackhawks players Kane would pass to. The right decision, as soon as that pass is in jeopardy, is to go at Kane and force him.

post-1361-0-28761600-1398347495_thumb.jpg

Shattenkirk second-guessed his teammates and it cost them.

and here i was thinking that screen-caps could only be used to distort the reality of head shots.

it's right to say that shattenkirk made a mistake -- that he failed to make a good or event great play. but to call what he did awful or horrible ignores the reality that he made that mistake at high speed, in OT in the SCP, against one of the most offensively gifted players in the world.

and here i was thinking that screen-caps could only be used to distort the reality of head shots.

it's right to say that shattenkirk made a mistake -- that he failed to make a good or event great play. but to call what he did awful or horrible ignores the reality that he made that mistake at high speed, in OT in the SCP, against one of the most offensively gifted players in the world.

Exactly. He wimped out like it was a regular season game. This is OT in the Playoffs. He has to do SOMETHING to try and disrupt Kane. Standing there watching isn't the play of a top defenseman on a Stanley Cup team.

Exactly. He wimped out like it was a regular season game. This is OT in the Playoffs. He has to do SOMETHING to try and disrupt Kane. Standing there watching isn't the play of a top defenseman on a Stanley Cup team.

You observe so much with such detail, but the inferences you draw often confuse me.

He wimped out? Much more like he hesitated in the face of an evolving odd-man rush and an elite playmaker. A mistake, sure. But, again, given the circumstances, not something I'd call awful or wimpy.

You observe so much with such detail, but the inferences you draw often confuse me.

He wimped out? Much more like he hesitated in the face of an evolving odd-man rush and an elite playmaker. A mistake, sure. But, again, given the circumstances, not something I'd call awful or wimpy.

It wasn't desperate enough. Desperation is what is winning games right now.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.