Buffalo Bills 2014

WildCard

That's because we are going to win five straight, then have to and will, beat NE to win the division.

It's going to be a great couple of weeks.

Having NE sitting there at the end of the season used to be worrisome.

Not to mention - he's getting play calls on a regular basis from Marrone's college buddy, Hackett, and he has a terrible offensive line that routinely gives him poor protection.

He's a decent QB. Not great but decent. So far he protects the ball well too, which I rarely see mentioned - he's only given up 3 picks in 228 attempts. That's one of the best ratios of interceptions to pass attempts in the NFL.

Good points.

People always use hindsight to say "We could have had..........." in reference to QB's that ended up making a big name for themselves, who didn't get taken at the top of the 1st round. Who's to say the Bills can't end up with a top rated QB with a 2nd round pick or late 1st rounder? Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson (even though I think he's going to end up being a bust)............ how many of these guy were taken in the top 5?

Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez, RG III................................ all busts, all taken in the top 5.

With the exception of Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning, arguably the best QB's of the last 10-15 years were all taken outside of the top 5.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

People always use hindsight to say "We could have had..........." in reference to QB's that ended up making a big name for themselves, who didn't get taken at the top of the 1st round. Who's to say the Bills can't end up with a top rated QB with a 2nd round pick or late 1st rounder? Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson (even though I think he's going to end up being a bust)............ how many of these guy were taken in the top 5?

Tim Couch, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Vince Young, Jamarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez, RG III................................ all busts, all taken in the top 5.

With the exception of Philip Rivers and Peyton Manning, arguably the best QB's of the last 10-15 years were all taken outside of the top 5.

4 of the 6 qbs you listed in the first set were taken in the top 32. And you're not convinced on Wilson, so that leaves Romo who was undrafted.

You don't need a top five pick, but at least having a fist rounder would be nice.

I think Watkins + 2016 1st is a FAR more attractive offer than #11 or whatever this year with a 2016 1st. My point has always been, and will remain, that this team was going to be too good to be in range to draft or trade up for one of the two stud QBs in this draft. I just can't imagine a team (outside of the Jags) in the top-5 that would trade away from Mariota or Winston. And in the Jags case, you've seen their receivers right? Watkins would he hugely appealing.

You're comparing three first round picks to two first round picks.

Tony Romo. Snirk. That made me laugh out loud. He brings perpetual mediocrity to the Cowboys. 8 and 8 forever.

As much as I despise the Cowboys and Tony Romo, he does put up top QB numbers pretty much year after year. Which is why I included him in my list.

4 of the 6 qbs you listed in the first set were taken in the top 32. And you're not convinced on Wilson, so that leaves Romo who was undrafted.

You don't need a top five pick, but at least having a fist rounder would be nice.

The reason I compared top 5 to the rest of the draft is because trading up to get a top 5 (even a top 2 or 3) pick is going to cost us huge. Trading for a lower 1st round pick will not cost nearly as much. Yes they were mostly 1st round QB's, but if they were drafted based on how they've turned out in the NFL they would have been top 5 picks. Moral of the story, QB's taken in the top 5 haven't turned out so well.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I know that. But he never wins the Big Game. It's not in his blood. He will never live down The Fumbled Snap. Just like Thurman Thomas never lived down the forgotten helmet.

For the record... I've lived in the DFW area long enough that I have a mild inclination toward the Cowboys. If they do well, everyone around me is happy, so (most of the time) I wish them well... almost even root for them sometimes. But then Romo is Romo and they lose a Big Game in December. And I smile quietly to myself.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

I must be an absolute ######tard. I am not denying that probability. But I have been looking on buffalobils.com for five minutes to try and find this season's results. I am trying to find out if the Bills started 3-0 or 4-0 before slipping to 5-5. I know I could look tons of other place for the info., but this is driving me mad. I can't find any standings either.

I must be an absolute ######tard. I am not denying that probability. But I have been looking on buffalobils.com for five minutes to try and find this season's results. I am trying to find out if the Bills started 3-0 or 4-0 before slipping to 5-5. I know I could look tons of other place for the info., but this is driving me mad. I can't find any standings either.

1-0

2-0

2-1

2-2

3-2

3-3

4-3

5-3

5-4

5-5